*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

19 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Drop points on Sunday and his head will be getting called for, I'm not there yet but I'm fed up watching pish football this season.

Fucking hell man.. people are laughing at the taigs for this very behaviour. Calm down. We will come together. Support your team.. dont do a fucking sharknado. Christ.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m not that fussed about the result tonight tbh.

I still think we can qualify but winning a domestic treble is far more important to me this year than Europe

We won't be winning a treble if we keep playing like this. We're struggling in attack and our defending is atrocious right now.

Miles off the form we showed last season. Even then we still lost in the cups. 

We need a shake up either in players starting or in the system. Get a run of good consistent form going.

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Playing Roofe with Sakala is an absolute waste of Roofe as well. He has to come deep to get the ball which he can do perfectly well but we need him in the box where he has been absolutely lethal for us in the last year.

Sakala doesn't look like the type of player who can lead a line unlike Roofe or Alfie. I only say that because to me he looked our most further forward player tonight. Same for the Motherwell game.

Sakala would be a great attacker for a midfielder that breaks the lines and feed thru balls for him to run on to or allows him to come short for 1-2s to then turn and run thru. But it seems none of our midfield can do that. Someone mentioned Aribo dithering on ball early in first half when Sakala was standing in gap between 2 defenders waiting in a quick pass. I was screaming at Aribo on telly at time,  “first time!!’. But he took several touches instead.  ”We need midfielders to react quicker, play first time passes and play the boy thru. Hopeful  punts to him when he’s got a defender up his jacksy don’t help the lad. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How can you not be fussed when Rangers lose? Comments like that dumbfound me.

Don’t know, just don’t feel fussed about that result tonight. 

We drop points at the weekend and I’ll be furious, but that tonight im not getting carried away over it. I think it’s because I realise any result in European football is a bonus 

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

It was Balogun who was on his arse out on the right wing for the goal. On his day he's brilliant but his days are too few.

I never said Balogun was good tonight though I do like him as well. Bassey has proven more than once he's much too rash when defending before tonight. St Johnstone and Ross County this season alone come to mind.

28 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Can't wait for this fundamental change where we are better off than 6 points clear of the scum after 7 games, really excited for this. 

We're 6 points better off because they've had their worst start to a season in 20 odd years, not because we're playing well and smashing teams. Ultimately the only thing that matters is picking up the points no doubt, but picking up points from being this poor won't least a season, imo.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes useless at CB , that much we learned tonight. 

We had our first two choices of CB out injured.

Balogun & Bassey played their first competitive game together, with Bassey, the 21 YO left back playing as a Centre Half in an away tie in Europe!

I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s “useless” 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I get what you are saying.. but if you see football as purely financial then the EPL is great for that. 

Get that too but the financial rewards of a league win outweighs a league win for this one season. We have a big rebuild coming up next season - need the cash pure and simple. They win the league they’ll go on a run of wins again 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

We had our first two choices of CB out injured.

Balogun & Bassey played their first competitive game together, with Bassey, the 21 YO left back playing as a Centre Half in an away tie in Europe!

I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s “useless” 🤦‍♂️

Attackers lose Bassey quite easy but hopefully that comes for him 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Not for me. Not for me at all.

A run to the Europa league quarter finals over winning a treble? Nope

Out of interest, would you have given up Manchester after say we'd finished last in the CL group in exchange for winning the treble that season?