*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just wish the team had gone in to that fucking cesspit of a country and played their hearts out for Glen Kamara. That should’ve been enough incentive to beat the racist bastards. 

Just wish they gone and played their hearts out for Rangers and our fans. 

4 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Ridiculous logic.

We wouldn't ever make it out the CL group stages either so would you rest players in those games as well?

we will be 30 mill richer if we win the league this year which will give us the chance to invest in better players that was the point i was making

Their fans reaction to Kamara surprised me for two clubs who are meant to be local rivals.   You would expect that, if only from a football rivalry standpoint, Sparta fans would want to show themselves in the best possible light in order to differentiate themselves from and further show up their local rivals behaviour.  

It would appear either their rivalry is non-existent or the racism level in Prague is so off the charts that it supplants any football rivalry.  Either way its really disappointing in this day and age and needs dealt with.  

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

statement from Glen Kamara’s lawyer Aamer Anwar (yes I know :sarcasm:) read:

“I had hoped when I heard of the stadium closure of Sparta Prague that both Glen and other black players wouldn’t have to put up with any abuse or racism and could just get on with playing football.

“But this evening should be an embarrassment for the Czech side that, despite their fans being banned, it still made little difference that the stadium was filled with 10,000 schoolchildren.

“A huge proportion of those children booed Glen’s every touch of the ball along with every other black player for Rangers. Tonight shows yet again that Prague has a serious problem with racism & as usual UEFA is nowhere to be seen.

“Glen and the Rangers players have shown total class, but no player should have to face this at their work and on the European stage.”

They’re just a brain-dead gaggle of Praguelodytes. What a racist shitehole that place is.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just wish the team had gone in to that fucking cesspit of a country and played their hearts out for Glen Kamara. That should’ve been enough incentive to beat the racist bastards. 

Agree.  The way the best way to overcome such behaviour is to do what Arsenal did to Slavia last season, give them a good hiding in their own midden.  

12 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What’s this mate?

Pictures on twitter, a small bunch of Sparta fans went looking for Rangers fans and found a couple and a picture of one of the Sparta boys cleaned out on the floor, I know it’s out in the public already but don’t think I should post it on here, PM if you want 😅

16 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Then said racist shitehole needs excluded from Uefa competitions.

Whilst I think it was definitely racist, it cannot be proven... Its a "boo" - we do it all the time. ITs disguisting what happened tonight, but unless there is something "worse" than a boo, then UEFA will do nothing.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The adults may not have been in attendance but they have ingrained the vitriol into their children to lead the charge.

In the end, they have made a mockery of UEFA's decision to fill the stadium.

There were definitely adults present.. I saw them on the TV. Someone mentioned 1 to 10. Definitely noticed one adult egging youngsters on in a singsong at one point. Wether good or bad, i dont know, but it was going on.

Kind of think the Czechs don't understand racism and to a lesser less relevant extent football rivalry.

Started when we flew in and KR was getting it for Slavia's goalkeeper. But they could have been Slavia fans I suppose.

Kamara getting booed up and down the park by a bunch of kids because he had been racially abused by their rivals' player? If that happened the other way round I'd like to think and am pretty sure just about all Rangers fans would be on the side of the abused player from Prague. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

The kids should never have been allowed in the stadium. At the very least, it gives them a PR opportunity as a reward for being racist, ‘oh, we’re not so bad: we gave these free seats to local children’. It’s absurd it was ever sanctioned. 

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Kind of think the Czechs don't understand racism and to a lesser less relevant extent football rivalry.

Started when we flew in and KR was getting it for Slavia's goalkeeper. But they could have been Slavia fans I suppose.

Kamara getting booed up and down the park by a bunch of kids because he had been racially abused by their rivals' player? If that happened here I'd like to think and am pretty sure just about all Rangers fans would be on the side of the abused player from Prague. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I dont disagree with you at all, but nothing will be done as it was only "boos".

7 minutes ago, rangersross said:

The kids should never have been allowed in the stadium. At the very least, it gives them a PR opportunity as a reward for being racist, ‘oh, we’re not so bad: we gave these free seats to local children’. It’s absurd it was ever sanctioned. 

Absolutely. Was a braindead decision from all involved.

I don't know if the banner makers are on RM or not but, if for the home game vs these cunts we don't have a giant red/white/blue Bill the Butcher (like AC Milan) I'll feel like we've missed an opportunity. 

Also, as many banners supporting our black players as possible. 

6 hours ago, rangersross said:

To be fair it was an opportunity to show kids racism is wrong and that they're there because of the behaviour of their elders.  

I think in most cases that lesson would have been acknowledged,  sadly in Prague it wasn't and , hopefully , not to be repeated . 

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Why are so many posters on here so utterly outraged and appalled at any form of racism but so comfortable with sectarianism? 

You couldn't go on a thread on here without seeing sectarian language, you couldn't go to Ibrox without hearing the same. Don't think I've ever heard anyone being offended at that.

Either both are wrong or none are wrong.

(Que about 20 notifications of people saying I'm worth a watching/Celtic fan😴😴)

What is it about that shower of waen raping bastards is it that you find offensive that people say?

A shower of self proclaimed "unrepentant fenian bastards" being called fenians?