*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Rangers have no fresh injury worries. Midfielder Scott Arfield returns to the squad after missing the weekend Premiership win over Dundee, while defender Stephen Kelly and goalkeeper Robby McCrorie are also added to the travelling party.

Class reporting from the BBC. Let's put Stephen Kelly at CB

5 hours ago, Canabear said:

The word is Goldson failed some Czech Covid regulations and so he couldn't travel because of that. He's fine for Sunday though.

This is probably what SG was getting at during the press conference this morning.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Wish the Czech govt were like ours and just let folk in despite this rule, or them travelling from red countries, etc

9 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Kyle McClelland or not, going by this thread most are happy to concentrate on Sunday anyway.... personally happy with our best player this season Big Bassey playing there, only one who has showing proper hunger and grit, hagi albeit too has added it to his game.

Best player this season 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Canabear said:

The word is Goldson failed some Czech Covid regulations and so he couldn't travel because of that. He's fine for Sunday though.

This is probably what SG was getting at during the press conference this morning.

Don't shoot the messenger.

From the UK the only requirement is fully vaccinated (14 days after second dose) and fill in an online form. 

ENTRY RULES to CZE

Persons who are fully vaccinated with one of the EU approved vaccines in one of the countries given below can arrive with no additional requirements for any purpose. 

Fully vaccinated persons (= at least 14 days after administration of a second dose, in case of a two-phased vaccine) with one of the following vaccines:

● AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)

● Moderna (Spikevax)

● Pfizer BioNTech (Comirnaty)

● Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)

● Covishield

in one of the countries whose vaccination certificate CZE recognizes:

● EU Member States   

● Argentina, Armenia, Bahrain, Bhutan, Brazil, Chile, Iceland, India, Iraq – Kurdish Autonomous Region, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, North Macedonia, Norway, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, UK, Ukraine, USA, Vatican

can arrive to the CZE (or apply for any visa - see article on visa services) for any purpose without needing to observe any additional quarantine measures (i.e. no need to get tested or to self-isolate). You will only be required to fill out an entry form before arriving.

In order to be allowed entry as a fully vaccinated person, you will be required to present your VACCINATION CERTIFICATE.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So all those who don't give a fuck about tonight's result, as Sunday is all that matters, won't be posting critically tonight if we don't get a result?

🤣 aye right.

They'll be their usual chirpy self 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So all those who don't give a fuck about tonight's result, as Sunday is all that matters, won't be posting critically tonight if we don't get a result?

🤣 aye right.

Sure the league is the most important thing but when we are winning in Europe it massively improves morale and the feel good factor around Ibrox.

Not to mention the extra cash that winning and qualifying from the groups brings in.

Also the more coefficient points we bring in the more chance of us ever reaching the Champions League groups in the future.

11 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think the manager has made a rip roaring cunt of the center back position this season, I just don't get it at all, he seems absolutely fine with the issue, it's baffling me.

Have to say was very surprised we let Katic go out on loan and then didn't include Simpson in Europe squad. We were basically limited to 3 natural CBs so lose one to long term injury, which we did, we have no cover. 

30 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think the manager has made a rip roaring cunt of the center back position this season, I just don't get it at all, he seems absolutely fine with the issue, it's baffling me.

The big fuck up is with the homegrown players quota and the fact we have to register Jack when he’s not fit because he’s one of the required homegrown players. Say we had went for John Souttar, as an example, we’d have someone that would contribute to that quota so he could have been included at no additional expense of attacking players.