*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

51 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

What is the actual rule?

8 players need to be classed as homegrown which means they have to have trained at a Scottish club for at least 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21, of those 8 at least 4 need to be trained by the club i.e. youth players like Patterson, mccrorie, Kelly etc.

Essentially you need to have 8 Scottish players (or players who started out in Scotland) in the European squad and 4 of them need to be your youth players. That means that 17 spaces are available for players who don’t meet the criteria.

So if Gerrard wanted Simpson in he might have had to leave someone like Bacuna out as neither are homegrown. If we had signed a Scottish centre back they could have been one of the 8 (still need 4 youths or players that were youths but could now be first team regulars such as mcgregor) but it would at least mean the other 17 weren’t hampered.

It's nuts how the press here still try to blame Kamara, and also claiming that the Czech isn't a racist place while the stadium will be full of kids because you know. 

In general life it's probably not worse than anywhere else but attitudes to race are somewhat like the '70's. 

Still we're probably going to get mugged. 

3 hours ago, superallysbears said:

I think the manager has made a rip roaring cunt of the center back position this season, I just don't get it at all, he seems absolutely fine with the issue, it's baffling me.

Not having 4 natural CHs in the squad I'd agree with. Maybe tonight we'll see if having Bassey as 4th choice rather than Simpson is a mistake.

I've no issue Katic going on loan, it should be with a Jan recall option. 

We really need one of the youth CHs to step up in training and show they deserve a chance. But maybe Gerrard trusts Bassey at CH instead, as is his right.

Not too sure how it's baffling tbh.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly can't fathom how anybody can say they couldn't care less about a European match!

I am depressed if we lose a friendly ffs.

Coefficient points and revenue at stake here, massive game, mon to fuck.

I'm like you. Though I do accept Sunday is huge.

I just know that none of those in the don't care tonight will come on if we lose and say "oh well". It'll be the usual pendulum swing to everyone being shite and sack X, Y, Z. 

HHopefully don't get the opportunity to say "I told you" to them as we smash this mob

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly can't fathom how anybody can say they couldn't care less about a European match!

I am depressed if we lose a friendly ffs.

Coefficient points and revenue at stake here, massive game, mon to fuck.

Spot on can’t fathom this not arsed about Europe attitude 

Just now, DiamondDan said:

How many times have we had portions of the stadium shut? Should maybe look closer to home before trying to assume the moral highground, as so many Brits seem to do when ever (shock horror) the social values of Eastern Europeans don't align with ours...

:lol: