*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, DiamondDan said:

How many times have we had portions of the stadium shut? Should maybe look closer to home before trying to assume the moral highground, as so many Brits seem to do when ever (shock horror) the social values of Eastern Europeans don't align with ours...

:lol: 

graeme_4 likes this

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not having 4 natural CHs in the squad I'd agree with. Maybe tonight we'll see if having Bassey as 4th choice rather than Simpson is a mistake.

I've no issue Katic going on loan, it should be with a Jan recall option. 

We really need one of the youth CHs to step up in training and show they deserve a chance. But maybe Gerrard trusts Bassey at CH instead, as is his right.

Not too sure how it's baffling tbh.

See tbh, I genuinely trust Bassey at CH more than Simpson. Obviously I would much rather Helander or Goldson were available but Simpson would be a complete disaster. I'm not usually one to write players off early but I've not seen anything yet from Simpson that suggests he can improve enough to get to the required level to play for us.. 

Rangers_no1 and Roy Hobbs like this

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

They are also missing a lot of players, it’ll either be a tight game or one side will get humped. Can’t tell which kind you 

Totally agree mate. I think that either we'll win, they'll win or the game will end in a draw. 

Rangers_no1 and CR3 like this

12 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

I can't believe we sent out katic what with the amount of problems we've had at the back with injuries and defensive issues.....please for the love of christ tell me jack simpson isn't in the europa squad.

Hindsight is a bitch on this one. When Katic went on loan we had 4 cbs available. He needed regular football and he wasn't going to get in ahead of Goldson, Helander or Balogun. 

Couldn't have predicted the injury to Helander and the issues with others.

I'd love him to come back in Janaury but manager already ruled that out. 

Simpson isn't in the europa squad. So it's Bassey and Helander tonight. The worry is Simpson back in at the weekend.

Kents_Hook likes this

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Hindsight is a bitch on this one. When Katic went on loan we had 4 cbs available. He needed regular football and he wasn't going to get in ahead of Goldson, Helander or Balogun. 

Couldn't have predicted the injury to Helander and the issues with others.

I'd love him to come back in Janaury but manager already ruled that out. 

Simpson isn't in the europa squad. So it's Bassey and Helander tonight. The worry is Simpson back in at the weekend.

Katic wouldn't have made a difference for this as it's likely he wouldn't have been registered either.

Bassey and Balogun tonight with King on the bench I'd imagine. The worry is losing another centre back. Hopefully Simpson steps up to the plate against Hibs as I'm pretty confident he'll be in the team for that.

BlueKnight87 likes this

2 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Katic wouldn't have made a difference for this as it's likely he wouldn't have been registered either.

Bassey and Balogun tonight with King on the bench I'd imagine. The worry is losing another centre back. Hopefully Simpson steps up to the plate against Hibs as I'm pretty confident he'll be in the team for that.

Simpson is fucking awful.  

Johnsey likes this

10 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Your right he wouldn't have been registered for tonight. But I'd much rather have him available in league than games than simpson. 

Simpson has looked terrible and I'd be worried putting him against hibs.

Hopefully either Goldson is available or Bassey plays well enough tonight to stay in place. 

Johnsey likes this

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Honestly can't fathom how anybody can say they couldn't care less about a European match!

I am depressed if we lose a friendly ffs.

Coefficient points and revenue at stake here, massive game, mon to fuck.

Like yourself I hate to lose any match and hope for a win tonight or at least a draw, but I also feel that the game on Sunday is more important because of what it means for us in the league, which is for me is so important this season once again.   :smokingcowboy:

TEFTONG likes this

I don’t think Sparta are as good as Slavia, albeit they gave them the runaround last season. 

Our performances haven’t been great at all this season, but we still seem to be getting the results. Hopefully both tonight. 

The Czechs though have a serious problem with racism in general, to even manage to think that Slavia were the victims by only focusing on Roofe’s tackle is incredible tbh. The video of that journalist and Roofe yesterday tells you all about the mentality of that country. 

Hopefully nothing happens tonight from players or fans but I’d like to think we’ll walk off this time. It’s quite sad to think that the players will have probably discussed something like that before a game of football! 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Fucking weird attitude.

Couple of seasons in the EL and people think it is below us already.

It feels a bit below us to be honest. Think the come down of not making the champions league has been reflected in both the atmosphere & performances. 

Obviously still hoping / expecting a result, but won’t be flying off the handle like I would be if we lost at the weekend. 

Bad Robot likes this