Vaccine Passport Enforcement Delayed

Assegai

6 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Whilst I agree that this legislation isn't the fault of Rangers, they could at least show some fucking empathy to fans who have forked out hard earned cash to buy season tickets.  Not everyone who is not double jabbed is against vaccines for fucksake. Take my situation, I got fucked over by Covid early last year and have ongoing chest issues, I had to delay my first jab for 3 months until August and can get my second jab later today.  Despite this, I'm still being told that technically I'm not allowed into the stadium for the Hibs game - I can't get an exemption letter, I'm not a 5G conspiracy nutter but hey, fuck off, you are not welcome as you are scum who is not double jabbed.

Would it really be so difficult for the club to provide season ticket holders with a code to view the game on RTV? If they at least done that then I would be happy for them to resell my seat for that game and get some dosh.  They don't give a fuck though.

I sympathize mate but you said it yourself, the Club doesn't really give a fuck about the fans. Fans are just customers who make the club money and they know if they knock you back and you give up your seat then they know someone else will take it. The clubs being run purely as a business and the fans are just the cash cow.

Which is why its a pipe dream to think the club will take anyone on for the fans. But that said I don't think they should in this situation anyway

There will be no long term suppression of covid. 

We could vaccinate everyone and their dogs 5 times over and it'll still be here.

The vast majority of people will get infected at some point.

Fortunately the vaccine will save many older and vunerable people's lives.

But if you young and healthy the risks of a serious illness is tiny.

Get on with your lives!

9 minutes ago, five stars said:

Who is more likely to transmit the virus at the game?

A. Someone who has tested negative in the last 24 hrs.

Or 

B. Someone who's been double vaccinated. 

Scotland is the only country in Europe to bring in domestic vaccine passports where you're not allowed as an  alternative to provide a negative test.

Clearly the reason for bringing this in is not to reduce transmission but to force people (mainly young) to get a medical treatment they don't want.

When the government is making these decisions about individuals medical choices we're moving into very scary territory.

Whether you are vaccinated or not surely you can see this is a government over stepping it's power. 

Only the very few think they're overstepping their power. Most free thinking people are happy to have some semblance of normal life back, see the vaccine as being key to this and will participate in the vaccine programme to allow this to happen. We live in a democratic society, not a totalitarian state. If the people were to believe the government were overstepping their power, they would simply vote them out.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How can you be bothered arguing about the same thing every single day?

I like to drop the odd post in winding people up but the fact you genuinely seem to enjoy arguing the same nonsense every time you’re on the forum is bizarre. 

The truth is worth fighting for!

Plus, its easy to give quick one liners when you are waiting on a script finishing.

If this really was required, then the Holyrood “government”. Should have put it in place before nightclubs, football grounds etc were allowed to welcome people back in.  Not Elle’s and months later.  The fact that infection number are dropping without a passport scheme would suggest it’s all a bit pointless.

2 minutes ago, don logan said:

If the people were to believe the government were overstepping their power, they would simply vote them out.

Not in Scotland they wont. Freedom is more important than anything and they will put up with any shit holding onto the pipe dream of The independent republic of Scotland.

18 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Whilst I agree that this legislation isn't the fault of Rangers, they could at least show some fucking empathy to fans who have forked out hard earned cash to buy season tickets.  Not everyone who is not double jabbed is against vaccines for fucksake. Take my situation, I got fucked over by Covid early last year and have ongoing chest issues, I had to delay my first jab for 3 months until August and can get my second jab later today.  Despite this, I'm still being told that technically I'm not allowed into the stadium for the Hibs game - I can't get an exemption letter, I'm not a 5G conspiracy nutter but hey, fuck off, you are not welcome as you are scum who is not double jabbed.

Would it really be so difficult for the club to provide season ticket holders with a code to view the game on RTV? If they at least done that then I would be happy for them to resell my seat for that game and get some dosh.  They don't give a fuck though.

It’s sheer incompetence that they’ve brought this in and you’re locked out due to personal circumstances and trying to get double jabbed. 

We then have supporters who will be medically exempt but NHS Scotland has no system in place yet so more people are locked out.

22 minutes ago, five stars said:

Who is more likely to transmit the virus at the game?

A. Someone who has tested negative in the last 24 hrs.

Or 

B. Someone who's been double vaccinated. 

Scotland is the only country in Europe to bring in domestic vaccine passports where you're not allowed as an  alternative to provide a negative test.

Clearly the reason for bringing this in is not to reduce transmission but to force people (mainly young) to get a medical treatment they don't want.

When the government is making these decisions about individuals medical choices we're moving into very scary territory.

Whether you are vaccinated or not surely you can see this is a government over stepping it's power. 

hwirij6a95q71.jpg

:lol:

8 minutes ago, don logan said:

Only the very few think they're overstepping their power. Most free thinking people are happy to have some semblance of normal life back, see the vaccine as being key to this and will participate in the vaccine programme to allow this to happen. We live in a democratic society, not a totalitarian state. If the people were to believe the government were overstepping their power, they would simply vote them out.

So how do we vote them out? 

8 minutes ago, don logan said:

hi have you been a Rangers supporter in scotland long?

3 minutes ago, semaj said:

Not in Scotland they wont. Freedom is more important than anything and they will put up with any shit holding onto the pipe dream of The independent republic of Scotland.

The majority of those grinding their teeth about vaccine passports will be Nationalists. This really doesn't have anything at all to do with independence.

Just now, don logan said:

The majority of those grinding their teeth about vaccine passports will be Nationalists. This really doesn't have anything at all to do with independence.

hope your right and this will be the millstone for nippy.

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

hi have you been a Rangers supporter in scotland long?

Rowley, go through the many threads on here about vaccines, Covid, passports again. Just to remind you that the vast majority of Rangers fans on here have the opposite vies to yours about those things.

1 minute ago, don logan said:

Rowley, go through the many threads on here about vaccines, Covid, passports again. Just to remind you that the vast majority of Rangers fans on here have the opposite vies to yours about those things.

Last I heard, a majority of Brits were in favour of vaccine passports.

I think the democratic will of the people should be respected.

4 minutes ago, don logan said:

At an election.

So you've got how long to wait to vote against this tyranny?

Millions of people all over the world are against this. There has been massive demonstrations in the UK, France, USA, Australia etc etc. (But you won't see much of it in the media)

People are losing their jobs and civil liberties.

Their position on the vaccine has hardened they will never get the vaccine now and may fall under the spell of the anti vac extremists.

10 minutes ago, don logan said:

so most people on here think the SNP arent trying to be totalitarian? 

ok well im glad im in the minority on that one then

It’s pretty odd that it will only really affect our fans and them on a weekly basis. 

For Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs they’ll be turning up to their game against Ross County no needing proof because it’ll more than likely be under 10k but the week after if it’s a derby or Rangers or them are in town it’s show us your vaccine certificate please :lol:

For the rest of the whole of Scottish football it doesn’t even matter which is just incredible really. Demand a vaccine passport for 500-1,000 people in a nightclub but doesn’t matter wae 9,999 people at the Motherwell game the same day.