Gerrards tactics

6superbarry6

This.

He needs to sort this out most of all.

Once again the opening tactical approach tonight was obviously wrong and once again he's not show any inclination or understanding about how to change it. 

Pretty much every one of us could see that Sakala and Roofe wasn't working from 15 mins in. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Also worries me that none of our summer signings have made any sort of strong impact on the first team. 

Sakala looks as though he has pace and that’s it, Lundstram looks to be improving but he could hardly get any worse tbf and Bacuna I can’t work out why was signed 

3 minutes ago, RobertN said:

Does anyone else think players regress when they come here and try to play Gerrard's defence safety first style tactics

We aren’t playing well at the moment but most of our players are better players now than they were when we signed them so no, not really.

Huge concern of mine. I posted a few weeks ago, can’t remember what game it was, that I had no idea what our game plan actually was. There was always a few dynamics to it, the main one being the full backs play effectively like wingers, but even that’s not happening now, and the two “wingers” playing as 2 number 10s and coming in field seems to gone also. It just has a stale feeling about it all and tbh it’s felt like that all season. I thought we had a very poor pre-season both in terms of performances & results and that has carried on well into the season.