*****Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d prefer he didn’t start. I’m starting to think he’s going to be one of these players who always has “raw talent”. 

When he gets the ball it’s like nobody has a clue what he’s going to do with it, including him. 

Is inability to make a run into channels, shoot across a goalkeeper or check a line so that he stays onside is maddening at the age he is.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Is inability to make a run into channels, shoot across a goalkeeper or check a line so that he stays onside is maddening at the age he is.

A few too many false narratives on Sakala are gaining momentum. He has taken about two or maybe three shots where he went for the near post. The one early in the first half yesterday was straight at the keeper so he is improving 😀  I think he runs the channels fairly well and yes, he needs to work on the offsides.

But tbh, I think he is getting it tight when it should be Roofe in the spotlight.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

In the minority by the looks of it but I quite like Sakala. Might just be because he is actually willing to run and looks like he's trying.

I haven’t given up on him for those reasons but I’m starting to think he’s never going to actually be that good 

42 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d prefer he didn’t start. I’m starting to think he’s going to be one of these players who always has “raw talent”. 

When he gets the ball it’s like nobody has a clue what he’s going to do with it, including him. 

Kind of at the same stage just now where Lundstram was getting condemned. Needs a few more games before I write him off.

41 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Him not going across goal with his offside shot was so stupid, I know it makes no difference

8 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Jesus 

8 hours ago, RFC55 said:

:lol:.

Cunts are bonkers 

Cunts are in denial about how shite we are at the moment. Even poor teams like Dundee and St Johnstone are able to get at us. Hibs are a decent side this season, it’ll be our toughest game domestically so far. 

Just now, SPWF said:

Cunts are in denial about how shite we are at the moment. Even poor teams like Dundee and St Johnstone are able to get at us. Hibs are a decent side this season, it’ll be our toughest game domestically so far. 

We've been shite.

But Hibs or anyone else like them will not be scudding us any time soon 

Massive game. Will be tough and thankfully its at Ibrox. I expect we will raise our game a little, enough to win, but performance will be poor likely.

McGregor; Patterson, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey; Kamara, Lundstram, Hagi; Aribo, Morelos, Roofe

Tough to pick a team. Roofe, Aribo, Kamara all very poor this season. Think Tav has been miles off it both attacking and defensively. Hopefully Goldson is back. Possibly Barisic rather than Bassey at LB but seem to recall Barisic struggling against Boyle for pace - maybe Bassey will be better in that regard. Hagi CM rather than Aribo as Aribo has been useless there most of this season.

Need big performances to a man to try and get things going again

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

We've been shite.

But Hibs or anyone else like them will not be scudding us any time soon 

The panic is unbelievable man imagine we hit the ground running league would've been over by September weekend. 

Then cunts would moan about it being uncompetitive 😂

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The panic is unbelievable man imagine we hit the ground running league would've been over by September weekend. 

Then cunts would moan about it being uncompetitive 😂

Shut up ya numpty

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Kind of at the same stage just now where Lundstram was getting condemned. Needs a few more games before I write him off.

Needs at least half a season before we can make any true judgement on him.  Having said that, the type of player that he is is not particularly suited for most of the domestic games we play, where teams defend deep and limit the space for players, whose main asset is their pace, to run into.
By the same token, it surprised me we let Itten go and not replace him with a similar type that is suited to playing in our domestic league.

26 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Nothing surer mate some always need something to moan about 😂

We've been shite still top we've waited 10years for a period like this just enjoy it I say. 

If our current level of play pleases you because we are better than a horrendous celtic team, them you have pretty low standards KK. Did you enjoy watching the Dundee game?

Of course, winning the league matters no matter how dull we play but it is time to start playing free flowing, confident football again. 

I don't consider that to be a moan. It is simply what all the fans expect from this group of players.

Let's hope it begins on Sunday.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The issue i see is that he looks like one of those players who is much better in a counter attacking team...but when the fuck do we do that in Scotland? He wont play enough games domestically to be match fit enough to do it in Europe...and yeah, he has no fucking idea what offside means! :( 

49 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Nothing surer mate some always need something to moan about 😂

We've been shite still top we've waited 10years for a period like this just enjoy it I say. 

Last year was the most 'uncompetitive' season we'll ever see and nobody complained

Sakala definitely has his limitations, however he runs himself into the ground and did some decent things last night. Roofe, on the other hand was an empty jersey, and Alfie at times looks totally disinterested. We need to get our finger out and soon but I don’t think we should be pooing our pants because Hibs are visiting.