*****Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Patterson chased Doig to a long ball near the touch line first half. Merest contact, Doig goes down, cheap foul.

Minutes later, Wright bursts into Hibs box, merest touch, goes down. Ref gives fuck all.

A foul is a foul regardless of where it happens.

They were different though, I hate it where the player just waits for the slightest nudge from behind and dives the way Doig did but in every game almost every time a foul is given for it.

But if that was Boyle or whoever instead of Wright and a pen was given as a pen against us I'd be fucking raging.

2 minutes ago, DavieCooper74 said:

Doubt youll see a cross from Patterson to Roofe like that all season. Gets better everytime you see it.

The difference between that and so many other crosses was you could see how deliberate it was. Not just putting it in the box, Patterson knew exactly who he was aiming for. Great assist. 

17 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Don’t understand some of the abuse today. He’s played well

Haven’t seen much but I’ve only been in the thread in spells. Think he looks sharper than he has done, looks like he has gotten to grips with how the game is played up here as well as how we play.

Nobody played overly well or stood out in the first half, but definitely in the second half I think he was one of the ones who really took the middle of the park by the scruff of the neck and controlling the game. Breaking up their play again when required, intricate one twos to create the space required to push again. 

Was calm and composed for much of the game and again, like last week v Dundee, was playing a role similar to Davis but also getting up to the edge of the box. Starting to look like the box to box midfielder he was billed. Let’s hope he starts to get in amongst the goals too.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Think it's a massive 3 points, think we got lucky with the red card and its papered over the cracks but I'll take it every day of the week

Player wise we were talking about, thought Patterson improved as the game went on & overall he was decent

Lundstrum, the player you'd hope would control these types of games was negative, we need more forward passing from him in league games.

Thought Roofe changed the game when he came on and was a great sub for Kamara who had been poor yet again.

All of that alright for ye 🤣?

So-so. It's a red card all day long mate, not lucky.

Nathan had two over hit crosses. One in the first-half and one in the second. Apart from that, he was 7/10

6 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Thought you were deid tbh. 

Aw you'd like that eh Scotty, fantanas deid so you can post your shiny laminate in pictures without fear of comment......many years to go yet my friend.....

Also you could see the confidence flowing once we got the 2nd. The weight was off the players shoulders and some of the passing and movement was great. Great way to go into the international break. Get everyone back healthy and fit for after the break and hopefully Jack into training at least to give the squad a further boost.

Just now, the goal machine said:

Would love to win a league game comfortably at some point :lol: 

We conceded a shite goal mate but Hibs barely threatened and whilst the 2nd half was tense there was only one team in it.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

So-so. It's a red card all day long mate, not lucky.

Nathan had two over hit crosses. One in the first-half and one in the second. Apart from that, he was 7/10

Porteous has a red card in him every game. All depends on whether the referee has the balls to call it.