*****Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

I know we've been playing poorly and we have to improve in that regard (or at least wrap up games quicker). 

I was thinking though in the meantime with us winning and these teams probably thinking to themselves "we've played well and we deserved something".

I wonder with that going on and us still winning gives opposition teams a total fear of us. Almost as if we'll start beating them before we play them because we always find a way to win? 

Long story short, it must be demoralising for the other teams in the league!

36 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I know we've been playing poorly and we have to improve in that regard (or at least wrap up games quicker). 

I was thinking though in the meantime with us winning and these teams probably thinking to themselves "we've played well and we deserved something".

I wonder with that going on and us still winning gives opposition teams a total fear of us. Almost as if we'll start beating them before we play them because we always find a way to win? 

Long story short, it must be demoralising for the other teams in the league!

It’s something we really have developed over the last 18 months that had been sorely missed at the top level, a winning mentality. 

Some teams turned up beaten before kick off against us, even in the OF games last year. 

It’s something you can’t teach and takes time to develop, but we’re there now. A couple of cups to add to the league this season and we’re cemented well and truly as top dog again. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s something we really have developed over the last 18 months that had been sorely missed at the top level, a winning mentality. 

Some teams turned up beaten before kick off against us, even in the OF games last year. 

It’s something you can’t teach and takes time to develop, but we’re there now. A couple of cups to add to the league this season and we’re cemented well and truly as top dog again. 

There was a point walking away from one of the many embarrassments at Hampden when I honestly just couldn’t see how we’d get back where we are now. It seemed impossible.

As you said, the cups and a consecutive title are the marker that Rangers are truly back on top.