Sparta Prague statement on last night: Accuse Rangers of being xenophobic

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

That's an awful thing to say. The children are victims of brainwashing. Their parents are the despicable people for instructing them to boo Kamara.

The whole country is a cesspit of racism. Fuck them all.

5 hours ago, Willis said:

At the end of the day we need to pick our battles, saying fans booed a certain demographic doesn't prove anything even if we prove they did. 

The club should absolutely challenge it but we shouldn't expect a decent outcome imo

They're just going to claim it was because of the 'treatment' of Kudela and Slavia and not racist. I really don't see anything more happening here, and any retaliation in Glasgow is going to be seen as justification. 

The Nazi culture still lives on in these reprobates. 

Children just follow their fathers footsteps and will be the same for the generations to come. Need blacklisted from football altogether, only way to beat it. 

44 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

I am genuinely concerned for GK’s mental wellbeing with all this crap going on. You probably couldn’t meet a more quiet and modest footballer. This has to affect his game and he has done absolutely nothing wrong. Feel for the poor guy.

Usually I'm angry at Rangers players who commit fouls when already booked but Kamara has to be forgiven, how can he be expected to play through that depressing shit show and not be affected. The fact it was kids would make it even worse for me.

1 hour ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

The British ambassador has now been summoned to the Czech foreign ministry. Fuck me. 

Hope the bastards are left red faced from the visit by Nick Archer whose CV is quite impressive.
Doubt whether he'll take much shite from the nazi's.

7 hours ago, Willis said:

At the end of the day we need to pick our battles, saying fans booed a certain demographic doesn't prove anything even if we prove they did. 

The club should absolutely challenge it but we shouldn't expect a decent outcome imo

The couple of comments I've seen from you about this have been utterly bizarre mate.

I have been living in the Czech Republic for 15-years, but I am not Czech.  For some people here there is a lack of education or just ignorance when dealing with other cultures/ethnicity.  I have witnessed it a few times in person.  It is wrong to paint a whole country as a racist backwater sh*thole, because of football fans.  It is completely unfair.  That being said, there is a obviously a bigger problem here than in other countries, and it comes down ignorance in my opinion.  In Scotland you have a problem with sectarianism at times, and in the Czech Republic they have a problem with racism.  We all have our problems.  On both sides there is a lot of work to be done.

I love the Czech Republic and the majority of people here.  It is sad to see what has been happening this year and in previous years with racism.  I have taught thousands of children over the past 15 years, and racism is rarely a problem.  Maybe they hear about it from their parents but as I said, it is a lack of education.  More needs to be taught in schools about respecting other cultures and ethnicities.   The Czech Republic is 40 years behind other countries.  It will take time to make this problem better, and it starts with the children.  If I hear something racist from one of my children, I immediately talk to them about why what they said is wrong.  Often they are saying these things because they think it is funny and they are looking for a laugh. As I said many times, lack of education and ignorance.  

I come from a country which is considered one of the best in the world for living standards, and this country also has a problem at times with racism, but it is more hidden than in the Czech Republic.

Rangers fans have an opportunity here when they host Sparta.  Don't lower yourself to some of the fans from the match in Prague.  Take the higher road, and try to promote equality and justice on and off the pitch.  Boo Sparta if you want, make the match intimidating for the Sparta players, but don't judge a whole country.  Release your frustration at the match on the players of Sparta, but please try not to label an entire country.  It doesn't help the situation at all.  Display your support for anti-racism and equality at football.  I have read some terrible things about the Czech Republic, and it is counter productive.  To make changes, it is one person at a time, and there are many people in the Czech Republic who are doing this right now.

Good luck the rest of the season.  My great grandmother was from Govan and I love visiting Scotland.  Also, I should clarify I am not a supporter of Slavia or Sparta ;)