Sparta Prague statement on last night: Accuse Rangers of being xenophobic

54 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

"Boo" isn't and has never been racist. 

Monkey chants etc are absolutely racist and charges should be issued for that but to expect a charge of racist booing is a road no one should want to go down. 

Hiring one person over another has never been racist.

But when the one they hire is always white and the other is always black then it is racist.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

So if the only players getting booed are black, then that’s just fine?

That’s not racist?

If all our black players were being booed why is it only Kamara being booed that's making headlines? 

They wouldn't have booed Kamara because of his colour, Their press will have wrote about him last season as a liar trying to fuck up someone's career - that's why he'll have been getting booed. If it was because of his colour why haven't they been pulled up against other teams with black players for booing before? They weren't, they were actually giving racist abuse and were charged for that when pulled up - correctly.

Going down this route, if we boo the Japanese player at the scum it will see us labeled racist against Japanese people or sectarian if the player being booed is a Catholic ffs.

Would be dishonest with myself if I didn't say it, but I thought there were pretty clear boos towards the likes of Davis and Shagger as well. And I didn't hear any monkey sounds. Dunno if I just missed them. 

That's not to say there wasn't stuff aimed at Kamara or the other black players. Certainly with Kamara it became much louder, and I think we know why. The Kudela banner was also a fair indicator.

I suspect there was generic booing of Rangers players and targeted booing of Kamara and black players re the Kudela stuff.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Would be dishonest with myself if I didn't say it, but I thought there were pretty clear boos towards the likes of Davis and Shagger as well. And I didn't hear any monkey sounds. Dunno if I just missed them. 

That's not to say there wasn't stuff aimed at Kamara or the other black players. Certainly with Kamara it became much louder, and I think we know why. The Kudela banner was also a fair indicator.

I suspect there was generic booing of Rangers players and targeted booing of Kamara and black players re the Kudela stuff.

Not booed because they were black then? There were other reasons? 

Glad someone sees sense......

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Agree with this

13 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If all our black players were being booed why is it only Kamara being booed that's making headlines? 

They wouldn't have booed Kamara because of his colour, Their press will have wrote about him last season as a liar trying to fuck up someone's career - that's why he'll have been getting booed. If it was because of his colour why haven't they been pulled up before against other teams with black players?

Going down this route, if we boo the Japanese player at the scum it will see us labeled racist against Japanese people or sectarian if the player being booed is a Catholic ffs.

The reason the kids were in is because their normal crowd was banned because of racial abuse.

They had also been fined twice by their own league for racial abuse.

23 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

The reason the kids were in is because their normal crowd was banned because of racial abuse.

They had also been fined twice by their own league for racial abuse.

What was the previous abuse, booing?

They have been charged before for actual racist abuse which I've already said is inexcusable but to say that booing is racist is ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

What was the previous abuse, booing?

They have been charged before for actual racist abuse which I've already said is inexcusable but to say that booing is racist is ridiculous

See my comment about the hiring thing.

An action in itself isn't necessarily racist - it's applying that action on a discriminatory basis based on race that is.

So booing someone because they're black IS racist.

I could see where you were coming from if the "lie" angle was about him being fouled but their fans accused him of diving. But the whole "lie" is about him getting racial abuse to begin with.

As has been mentioned already - can you imagine our fans booing a player who got a celtic player banned by lying or vice versa?

1 minute ago, PGWoodwind said:

See my comment about the hiring thing.

An action in itself isn't necessarily racist - it's applying that action on a discriminatory basis based on race that is.

So booing someone because they're black IS racist.

I could see where you were coming from if the "lie" angle was about him being fouled but their fans accused him of diving. But the whole "lie" is about him getting racial abuse to begin with.

As has been mentioned already - can you imagine our fans booing a player who got a celtic player banned by lying or vice versa?

He was booed because of what happened with Kudela not for the colour of his skin.

2 hours ago, superallysbears said:

It was racism behind the booing, they booed the other black players and there was clearly monkey noises too.

I didn’t hear any monkey noises to be fair, so if that was the case, then that is a straight forward decision.  But, being able to say that booing is racially motivated is nigh impossible to prove in reality.  We all boo players.  I booed the whole HIVs team on Sunday.  All that you can take from that is that I don’t like them.  

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm sure i'd be all for booing a player if he got a celtic player a ban.

Taking the co-efficient very seriously over in the Czech Republic I see. 

Other posters have said the whole team were being booed, they must hate all races

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

They wouldn't have booed Kamara because of his colour, Their press will have wrote about him last season as a liar trying to fuck up someone's career - that's why he'll have been getting booed. If it was because of his colour why haven't they been pulled up before against other teams with black players?

Are you at the wind up? :confused:

13 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry but "booing" is not racist. He was targeted - absolutely but if a charge is layed at racist booing you can expect charges of "sectarian booing" eventually. 

Fair point.

What other obvious, immediate and observable differences are there between our black players and our white players that caused them to be booed?

22 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'm sure i'd be all for booing a player if he got a celtic player a ban.

Taking the co-efficient very seriously over in the Czech Republic I see. 

🤣

we would at least give him a cheer when the team names were read out 🤣

15 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Think it was probably a bit of both.

There's no doubt that the Kudela incident is why Kamara's boos were much louder than anyone else's (didn't hear any white players booed myself but going to keep another ear out when I watch some highlights).

But "what happened with Kudela" was that he racially abused Kamara so that makes it a stupid point