Sparta Prague statement on last night: Accuse Rangers of being xenophobic

I see Marvin Bartley is getting vile abuse now from the scummy Czechs now, he was engaging them civilly on Twitter but of course they reverted to type. Horrible bastards.

Despite being an ex Hibs player he seems to be genuine in his anti-discrimination efforts, regardless of who is the perpetrator or victim is unlike the the likes of Stewart.

13 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

not holding my breath with that lot

If they limit it to booing Kamara they can pass it off as people in the Czech republic believing he lied last year and also attacked Kudela in the tunnel. They can then claim no racist element to the booing. If they expand their investigation to ascertain if there was a pattern of booing when any of our non white players got the ball but not when our white players did then the racist aspect should be obvious. 

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

If they limit it to booing Kamara they can pass it off as people in the Czech republic believing he lied last year and also attacked Kudela in the tunnel. They can then claim no racist element to the booing. If they expand their investigation to ascertain if there was a pattern of booing when any of our non white players got the ball but not when our white players did then the racist aspect should be obvious. 

I totally get and agree with what your saying just hope they don't have selective hearing, there record isn't exactly inspiring I mean the sparta game against us was supposed to be behind closed doors after racist chanting against a marseille player  but they decide to allow 10,000 children in ,unbelievable and look at how that worked out.

19 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

I totally get and agree with what your saying just hope they don't have selective hearing, there record isn't exactly inspiring I mean the sparta game against us was supposed to be behind closed doors after racist chanting against a marseille player  but they decide to allow 10,000 children in ,unbelievable and look at how that worked out.

10000 children supervised by adults at a ratio of 10 to 1.  So a thousand grown up racists were there to lead by example 

1 hour ago, hawkfalcons said:

I'm right with you. UEFA have a major problem having allowed the kids to attend. Unfortunately it is in their interest for their investigation to find there was no racist intent in the booing. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry but "booing" is not racist. He was targeted - absolutely but if a charge is layed at racist booing you can expect charges of "sectarian booing" eventually. 

It will probably all pin on what players were booed, if it was only black players, then that can be deemed as racist.

40 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry but "booing" is not racist. He was targeted - absolutely but if a charge is layed at racist booing you can expect charges of "sectarian booing" eventually. 

It is 100% racist even if it comes from a six yr old.

47 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

How would fans know what 'sect' an opposition player was so that they could boo them?

7 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Were the clear monkey chants not enough for you? Or the fact that only our black players were being booed? Fucking idiot. 

1 hour ago, DMax399 said:

How can you prove that though?

It depends on the standard of proof applied by UEFA. They can look at the evidence and decide on the' balance of probabilities'. I'm sure they don't need to base their decisions on a standard of 'beyond reasonable doubt' as a criminal court would. 

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

The allegations are difficult to prove and easy to blow smoke around. The case will eventually rest on the monkey noises and such like that were audible later.

Perhaps it does also highlight that we, the Rangers support, should reconsider the language we use when referring to our opponents.

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

The allegations are difficult to prove and easy to blow smoke around. The case will eventually rest on the monkey noises and such like that were audible later.

Perhaps it does also highlight that we, the Rangers support, should reconsider the language we use when referring to our opponents.

"Boo" isn't and has never been racist. 

Monkey chants etc are absolutely racist and charges should be issued for that but to expect a charge of racist booing is a road no one should want to go down. 

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Monkey chants etc are absolutely racist and charges should be issued for that but to expect a charge of racist booing is a road no one should want to go down. 

If the reason they are booing them is because they are black it is racist.

19 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

So if the only players getting booed are black, then that’s just fine?

That’s not racist?