celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

52 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You would think once the size and scale of what happened sinks in,you would assume any right minded person with any kind of moral compass would distance themselves from association with a club like no other.
You would also assume any business would drop them like a hot potato. 

This could be why McKay left for personal reasons .He would have been aware of an ongoing situation .But seeing first hand the situation and likely stalling tactics used by the current board could well have caused him to say ,I’m off .

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This could be why McKay left for personal reasons .He would have been aware of an ongoing situation .But seeing first hand the situation and likely stalling tactics used by the current board could well have caused him to say ,I’m off .

Agree. McKay had his reputation to think of.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Agree. McKay had his reputation to think of.

Maybe McKay as previously stated was just actually a decent cunt, he's took one look at that mob running the place and thought better of it, in more ways than one may I add, probably relieved to get out when he did.

3 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Maybe McKay as previously stated was just actually a decent cunt, he's took one look at that mob running the place and thought better of it, in more ways than one may I add, probably relieved to get out when he did.

Who knows, for me it’s a stretch on him being decent as as much as he may not have known the full extent of the CSA situation he’ll be well versed in separate entity bull shit yet wanted to be the CEO of that organisation 

Could be right though - perhaps he’s got the full picture and thought, no thanks. 

9 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not having it, he would have to have been living under a rock his whole life not to have known what was in the pipeline, fuck me even Rip Van Winckle was only asleep for 20yrs, this cunt knew all right and still took the job, anyone associated with that lot are CUNTS.

Unless I’ve missed something it would appear Eddie Eddie Howe would rather remain Unemployed than manage those Cunts.

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not having it, he would have to have been living under a rock his whole life not to have known what was in the pipeline, fuck me even Rip Van Winckle was only asleep for 20yrs, this cunt knew all right and still took the job, anyone associated with that lot are CUNTS.

I agree to a point but bear in mind:

1. The coverage of ANY news about Scottish football dissipates the farther south you go. By the time you to the south coast, a nuclear bomb dropped in Glasgow would still come behind the cricket update.

2. WE consider this to be a big story because we’ve been aware of the cover up for decades. I know that whenever I’ve raised it with English colleagues, they’re completely unaware, even as the Bennell story developed, that we didn’t have an individual monster in our game, we had a whole club.

3. We don’t know the extent of his research which was probably focused on the playing squad, where their contracts were at, funds for new players etc.

I would not be surprised if he received a few friendly phone calls giving him the part that the scum would NOT have mentioned during his interviews. My opinion is that he was scared off when he realised the sheer scale of the turd he was stepping into. McKay was probably similarly spooked.

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I agree to a point but bear in mind:

1. The coverage of ANY news about Scottish football dissipates the farther south you go. By the time you to the south coast, a nuclear bomb dropped in Glasgow would still come behind the cricket update.

2. WE consider this to be a big story because we’ve been aware of the cover up for decades. I know that whenever I’ve raised it with English colleagues, they’re completely unaware, even as the Bennell story developed, that we didn’t have an individual monster in our game, we had a whole club.

3. We don’t know the extent of his research which was probably focused on the playing squad, where their contracts were at, funds for new players etc.

I would not be surprised if he received a few friendly phone calls giving him the part that the scum would NOT have mentioned during his interviews. My opinion is that he was scared off when he realised the sheer scale of the turd he was stepping into. McKay was probably similarly spooked.

I was talking about McKay not Howe.

11 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

In the summer of 2019, the celtic chief executive at the time, Peter Lawwell, revealed the club had undertaken a review of its own. “The misconception is that the club is doing nothing and abdicating responsibility,” Lawwell said. “That is simply not true.”

Fucking hell.

So..... what did you do Peter? And what responsibility did you take?

Not one complainant was ever interviewed .If any investigation ever happened which is debatable it was to examine how to minimise the situation .It’s likely no investigation ever happened .The LSE got involved almost right away after the “secret investigation “ was announced as it broke LSE rules ,

Many will remember when the great lieswell announced the investigation he said a statement would be made over the next few days ,That was over 2 years ago .And still nothing .He was always getting away with that as far as SMSM was concerned as they won’t touch the subject with a barge pole .

From the article above,

"A man accused of indecently assaulting a teenager at celtic Park and another at the club’s former Barrowfield training ground will stand trial in January."

If they, The Boy's Club, were a separate entity, and not affiliated to celtic , why were they allowed to use the club's facilities at celtic park and Barrowfield?, as a senior club you just wouldn't let any random boys club arrive and start using your facilities.

I really hope the victims get the outcome they have long waited for and deserve.

27 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

From the article above,

"A man accused of indecently assaulting a teenager at celtic Park and another at the club’s former Barrowfield training ground will stand trial in January."

If they, The Boy's Club, were a separate entity, and not affiliated to celtic , why were they allowed to use the club's facilities at celtic park and Barrowfield?, as a senior club you just wouldn't let any random boys club arrive and start using your facilities.

I really hope the victims get the outcome they have long waited for and deserve.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Yet another piece of the fig leaf falls away. You have to hope that the legal team fighting for the survivors are adding this to the huge pile of evidence already in place disproving the desperate and cynical “separate entity” lie.

34 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

From the article above,

Falkirk, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk Amateurs, Syngenta and anyone who bothers to hire it all share facilities at the Falkirk Stadium.

Livingston, Airdrie etc all the same too

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Falkirk, East Stirlingshire, Falkirk Amateurs, Syngenta and anyone who bothers to hire it all share facilities at the Falkirk Stadium.

There would be some sort of paper trail regards those teams hiring facilities, payments and the like, would celtic boys club be doing the same? 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I understand what you are saying as I have used various facilities, Clyde etc.  Senior clubs letting out their stadiums/facilities is a fairly recent thing, and it is mostly clubs with artificial turf that allow their pitches to be hired therefore generating an additional income for these clubs, not all facilities can be accessed, physio's etc.

Granted we do not know to what extent celtic allowed CBC to use their facilities, but from what we are lead to believe it was a good range. 

The time scale mentioned that CBC were using the facilities at celtic park, '60's-'80's, possibly?, it was not the norm for the bigger senior clubs to let boy's clubs, youth clubs, etc.  have the use of the stadiums, with the exception of prestigious tournament finals , the Glasgow Schools Final, (normally Roseberry Park in the Oatlands), Scottish Amateur Cup Final etc., and of course schoolboy internationals, Ibrox itself was used for schoolboy internationals, possibly in the late '60's-early '70's. I remember going to one as my cousin was playing, can't remember who Scotland played, it's an age thing:p:.