Saudi takeover of Newcastle United

6 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fuck me! Started off feeling sorry for him, and by half way through that i genuinely hated him!

160m on players, and here was me thinking that Newcastle were getting by on buttons.

Imagine spending that much money for that shite a team.

Gerrard would be a massive step up from that imposter.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck me! Started off feeling sorry for him, and by half way through that i genuinely hated him!

160m on players, and here was me thinking that Newcastle were getting by on buttons.

Imagine spending that much money for that shite a team.

Gerrard would be a massive step up from that imposter.

Why

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why

1. The warning signs were there in his first away game at Norwich, a 3-1 defeat. Afterwards, he said he could not question the desire of his team. Seconds later, in a corridor with reporters, he was accusing them of ‘not even putting their boots on’.

2. There was also frustration at excessive days off and a feeling that the schedule was designed to suit Bruce going home to Cheshire.

When the players turned up to train on the first Thursday of the recent September international break, they were stunned to learn Bruce had gone on holiday to Portugal.

But their anger intensified when, on the following Monday, some reported to the training ground in the morning only to be told their manager’s Jet2 flight did not get in until the afternoon.

3. On that same day in January, Bruce spoke about maintaining his ‘dignity’, and then, without naming him, referred to Eddie Howe as ‘the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated’, a bitter retort to a newspaper poll in which supporters picked Howe as their choice for next boss.

Not sure if hate is right, just genuinely astonished that someone that fucking useless who spend 160m on players for such littel return manages to get a 8m pay out for getting the sack, and yet cunts still feel sorry for him. Jealousy in other words.

ayrshireranger likes this

Bruce is not gonna go hungry and regardless of what he says about not wanting to do it anymore or whatever, if somebody offers him the right money or the right situation, you better fucking believe you will see his ass on the sidelines somewhere else.

He can have no complaints, I think they gave him a lot of tools to succeed and he just didn't do anything with them.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

1. The warning signs were there in his first away game at Norwich, a 3-1 defeat. Afterwards, he said he could not question the desire of his team. Seconds later, in a corridor with reporters, he was accusing them of ‘not even putting their boots on’.

2. There was also frustration at excessive days off and a feeling that the schedule was designed to suit Bruce going home to Cheshire.

When the players turned up to train on the first Thursday of the recent September international break, they were stunned to learn Bruce had gone on holiday to Portugal.

But their anger intensified when, on the following Monday, some reported to the training ground in the morning only to be told their manager’s Jet2 flight did not get in until the afternoon.

3. On that same day in January, Bruce spoke about maintaining his ‘dignity’, and then, without naming him, referred to Eddie Howe as ‘the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated’, a bitter retort to a newspaper poll in which supporters picked Howe as their choice for next boss.

Not sure if hate is right, just genuinely astonished that someone that fucking useless who spend 160m on players for such littel return manages to get a 8m pay out for getting the sack, and yet cunts still feel sorry for him. Jealousy in other words.

I'm not reading all of that

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Steve Bruce is a cock. A useless cunt of a manager and when anyone dares criticising him its the helpless, sad sack act that gets trotted out as if he's being bullied for no reason. 

Sounds like he could’ve managed the scum. Always the victim. 

Someone was willing to give me 8 mill. to step aside I wouldn't give two fucks what they called me.

Bruce will end up on TV being a panelist and let's face he'd be a massive upgrade on Sutton and that other fat bastard Hartson who loved kicking his own teammate in the head.

Hadron Collider likes this

9 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

Bruce is not gonna go hungry and regardless of what he says about not wanting to do it anymore or whatever, if somebody offers him the right money or the right situation, you better fucking believe you will see his ass on the sidelines somewhere else.

He can have no complaints, I think they gave him a lot of tools to succeed and he just didn't do anything with them.

I think he succeeded just by keeping them in the EPL to be honest. 

Snake Plissken likes this

10 hours ago, Canabear said:

Someone was willing to give me 8 mill. to step aside I wouldn't give two fucks what they called me.

Bruce will end up on TV being a panelist and let's face he'd be a massive upgrade on Sutton and that other fat bastard Hartson who loved kicking his own teammate in the head.

Say what you like about the man but he has a lovely, lilting voice. Born for commentary, rather than punditry I think.

Mr Soprano likes this

13 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Find it hard to believe a multi millionaire football manager would use Jet2 for his holidays. 😂 

Nothing against them btw.

Just as well, I was about to set out on you for slagging Jet2 fs

Mark Hately was saying on the BBC that he thinks Stevie G will stay until the end of his contract because when he signed it he challenged himself to make as much progress as possible for 4 years and so he won't just walk away. 

I suppose even though the Saudi's have a shed loads of money they may not have an attitude conducive to running a successful football club in the west and if Gerrard ties his flag to that mast his reputation will go down along with Newscastle is it doesn't work out.

I always think it pays to be a little wary of backers who arrive from far away with so much money because perhaps they think it's their prerogative to change many things about the club that the supporters have grown up with ... for example the name of the ground or even the name of the club? Perhaps they would even try and change the stripes on the jersey to green because that was Muhammad's favourite colour and the national colour of Saudi? Were Cardiff not supposed to be changing their strip colour from blue to red under pressure from rich foreign owners? 

On 20/10/2021 at 11:06, MattyBlue said:

They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother.

After reading this im surprised at how many posters on here like this guy