Saudi takeover of Newcastle United

Essandoh

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They could have as much money as they liked, enticing Neymar to leave Paris and head to he cultural hub that is Newcastle might be an issue though.

Money talks mate. How many players would have went to Chelsea or Man City before they had billionaire owners offering stupid wages. 

As soon as they convince one big name to come in, more will line up. 

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Can’t wait to see the number of alleged “boyhood” Newcastle fans suddenly skyrocket in the next decade.

Looking past the morality of getting in bed with the Saudi’s, their fans are pretty king suffering and deserve to see a successful team on the park, so if the Saudi’s allow that to happen then it’ll be good for them.

Used to go to Newcastle every Christmas with my parents and get a Newcastle top. Been a fan since the *googles* Les Ferdinand days :sherlock:

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Talksport saying Gerrard would be the perfect fit once this is confirmed. I certainly hope not go and get conte or some other guy please 

SG is smarter than that. Attracting players to Rangers (albeit to a lower league and overall standard) wil be easier than attracting them to Newcastle. Players have lives outside of football (and Manager's do too)......Newcastle as a City pales badly against Glasgow. When those fans are watching a team built on money and still winning fuck-all....that's when their true colours will show.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If he was offered he’d take that job in a minute.

He’d multiply his wages and have the ability to buy any player in the world.

He’d be mad to take Newcastle in their current form but once they have a bottomless pit of transfer money there’ll be a never ending queue of managers willing to take the job 

39 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

SG is smarter than that. Attracting players to Rangers (albeit to a lower league and overall standard) wil be easier than attracting them to Newcastle. Players have lives outside of football (and Manager's do too)......Newcastle as a City pales badly against Glasgow. When those fans are watching a team built on money and still winning fuck-all....that's when their true colours will show.

Nonsense.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Talksport saying Gerrard would be the perfect fit once this is confirmed. I certainly hope not go and get conte or some other guy please 

Conte is 4/1 and feels like a cracking bet imo 

42 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do they fuck.

Seen a dweeb on Twitter saying nobody outside Newcastle I knows what footballing torture is :lol: 

They’ve not got a clue and I hope it goes as bad as possible for them 

The lads tweet was unbelievable, I’d like to think he doesn’t represent many of them as it was staggering. 

58 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do they fuck.

Seen a dweeb on Twitter saying nobody outside Newcastle I knows what footballing torture is :lol: 

They’ve not got a clue and I hope it goes as bad as possible for them 

Some Twitter nerd isn’t exactly a full representation of an entire support that’s had to tolerate Mike Ashley for the past 15 years or whatever it’s been.

11 minutes ago, Assegai said:

This is why I'm glad our Club isn't part of what the PL has become - reminder that Newcastle's prospective new owners kidnapped a journalist, drugged him, dismembered him while still alive and then dissolved his body in a bath of acid and flushed him into the sewer.

Really needs to be added to the fit and proper multiple choice test 

Have you ever….

22 minutes ago, Assegai said:

This is why I'm glad our Club isn't part of what the PL has become - reminder that Newcastle's prospective new owners kidnapped a journalist, drugged him, dismembered him while still alive and then dissolved his body in a bath of acid and flushed him into the sewer.

There's a few journalists up here that would be shitting themselves if this was us 😂

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Let's be real if the Saudi mob come calling Gerrard will be gone. I'll keep my fingers crossed the gaffer will be in the dugout next Saturday 

I'd be very surprised if they do. There are some managers out there who've won big leagues, Champions League, Europa League Etc. Gerrard has done well for us but he's not up there with Europe's top managers.