*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

4 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

Wouldn't even let me view the support faq link til I logged out of the account. Then it let me see it and they say to contact their support team on the day of the match itself and they'll then try to detect that I'm in Scotland. Not holding my breath they'll even be able to do that, never seen a website detect I was specifically in Scotland before it's always just UK.

Was thinking I might be able to send some ID or something proving I live in Scotland but they're wanting us to have to contact them on the match day itself.

Is anyone able to log in and it actually detect they're in Scotland?

What you using to do all this - phone/laptop/tablet? 
your ip address should be enough for it but on phones etc you can turn on your location so certain websites (gambling etc) can make sure it’s legal to do so where you are 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

What you using to do all this - phone/laptop/tablet? 
your ip address should be enough for it but on phones etc you can turn on your location so certain websites (gambling etc) can make sure it’s legal to do so where you are 

Tried on phone and PC but both through the house internet connection.

I thought of trying the mobile data but for the game itself I'd be putting it through the telly with a PC so wouldn't be able to use mobile data.

Wasn't expecting to be able to get it at all I suppose but now it's a daft thing stopping it it's a bit of gutter.

websites can tell where you are based on your IP address but for the UK it's hit or miss. typically if you are using broadband you can be roughly located to your city. that's about as accurate as it gets. if you use mobile data then you could be located hundreds of miles away. on my broadband it always says glasgow but if i use my phone it might think i'm in london.

using a VPN (which masks your IP/location) won't work because most VPN servers are based on country. with a VPN you can only pick a UK server so it's luck if it's gonna be in scotland. most servers are london/manchester. you can't take it down to a city level or even scotland or england.

you should be fine to watch the game if you're using your home broadband. if you are using mobile data you're likely to have an issue so best trying to connect to wifi to watch it since it's more accurate.

i must be out of the loop but why are the SFA/SPFL not showing it england anyway?

10 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

websites can tell where you are based on your IP address but for the UK it's hit or miss. typically if you are using broadband you can be roughly located to your city. that's about as accurate as it gets. if you use mobile data then you could be located hundreds of miles away. on my broadband it always says glasgow but if i use my phone it might think i'm in london.

using a VPN (which masks your IP/location) won't work because most VPN servers are based on country. with a VPN you can only pick a UK server so it's luck if it's gonna be in scotland. most servers are london/manchester. you can't take it down to a city level or even scotland or england.

you should be fine to watch the game if you're using your home broadband. if you are using mobile data you're likely to have an issue so best trying to connect to wifi to watch it since it's more accurate.

i must be out of the loop but why are the SFA/SPFL not showing it england anyway?

It's normal bt broadband.

Every ISP I've ever been on still returned somewhere in England for location checks (worked doing websites till about 10 years ago that's how I suspected problems a son as I read the England thing).

14 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

Thanks bill gates 

Looking forward to attending tomorrow. Haven't managed to get to the games due to working, however, I have every game booked off now so I will be at them all. 

Keep us at the top that is all I ask. Obviously want more than 1 nil, but if that is all we get, I will be happy as long as there is lots of effort made 👍🏻

Me too, apparently I’m in the midlands. Refreshed the ip still no joy. Mobile data says London and on the RTV site I’m met with an error message telling me it’s not available in my region.

I am in EK

would rather give the club the £ but looks like I will be forced to IPTV it 

1 minute ago, AGC123 said:

Me too, apparently I’m in the midlands. Refreshed the ip still no joy. Mobile data says London and on the RTV site I’m met with an error message telling me it’s not available in my region.

I am in EK

would rather give the club the £ but looks like I will be forced to IPTV it 

You could just get a vpn so you could still give the club the money if you really wanted 

5 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Looking forward to attending tomorrow. Haven't managed to get to the games due to working, however, I have every game booked off now so I will be at them all. 

Keep us at the top that is all I ask. Obviously want more than 1 nil, but if that is all we get, I will be happy as long as there is lots of effort made 👍🏻

Hope you and the rest of us are happy at full time and we have another 3 points. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

Looking forward to the game, going for a solid 2-0 (Morelos/Hagi)

Halliday should get a good reception whereas barring the great goal v them at hampden, Barrie McKay was a wee shitebag for us. Frustrated the life out of me at times.

Had outstanding technical ability at times oor Barrie.

I worried over nothing - sent them an email and they sorted it out there and then for me.

Turns out when it says "contact us before 2pm on the match day" they just meant any time between now and 2pm on the day of the match. I thought they were saying you had to contact them just before every match to make sure you were still in Scotland lol.

Wonder if they'll wear the new 4th kit the morra since they've posted the gallant pioneer photo on their facebook post about the match.

Need to try get this on the phone in the pub the morra. Mind you last time I didn’t watch a game we pumped Hamilton 8-0… Hearts a little different from Hamilton though, but tomorrow is the day we fire on all cylinders I can sense it :alfie:

19 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Need to try get this on the phone in the pub the morra. Mind you last time I didn’t watch a game we pumped Hamilton 8-0… Hearts a little different from Hamilton though, but tomorrow is the day we fire on all cylinders I can sense it :alfie:

Reported for not having a TV license.:alfie:

Bets mortgage on Rangers 8 hearts 0.