*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

English FA don't allow live broadcast/stream from 2.45pm to 5.15pm. SFA agreed to it as well when putting out thier games in England. 

It was actually brought in during the 60s as owners worried attendance would drop if fans had the the option to watch from home. 

Feels outdated tbh. Fans will attend games regardless if they can watch it on TV. 

Thanks Bro. I just could not get my head around it. You are right about it being outdated, I agree that fans would go to games, nothing beats the atmosphere. :tu:

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Because of the porteous nonsense, you can guarantee the ref will be giving us nothing

i can see a soft penalty for hearts coming and a ridiculous sending off against us

ref will be shitting himself giving us decisions because of the scum press/Tim’s backlash

When folk ask why they appealed when it was obvious they'd lose that's why - so the media kept talking about it and to make refs hesitate to give us decisions.

29 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Thanks Bro. I just could not get my head around it. You are right about it being outdated, I agree that fans would go to games, nothing beats the atmosphere. :tu:

Maybe donkeys ago when it was rare to have a game on telly folk who would have been going might have stayed home instead.

But like you say going to the game is a lot more than just being able to see it, telly is just for when you can't actually go but still want to watch it.

Always assumed the rule was UK wide all these years, only found out it's an English rule cause of this match.

3 minutes ago, PGWoodwind said:

Maybe donkeys ago when it was rare to have a game on telly folk who would have been going might have stayed home instead.

But like you say going to the game is a lot more than just being able to see it, telly is just for when you can't actually go but still want to watch it.

Always assumed the rule was UK wide all these years, only found out it's an English rule cause of this match.

I go to our national teams games all the time..I see fuck all of the game :lol: