*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

On 10/10/2021 at 19:58, Bad Robot said:

a 7 out of 10 for being a newbie and lack of detail but who knows how the rest will score you, they’re a tough crowd this RM lot 🤣

To be fair previous MD threads have not even had date or ko time on them :mutley:

This season anyway

11 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

3 weeks back then another International break. Get them to fuck! 

I don’t agree with Wenger’s idea about a World Cup every two years or whatever, but I do agree with him that there should be a month during the season where all international qualifiers are just hammered through so the rest of the season isn’t interrupted multiple times.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

I don’t agree with Wenger’s idea about a World Cup every two years or whatever, but I do agree with him that there should be a month during the season where all international qualifiers are just hammered through so the rest of the season isn’t interrupted multiple times.

Can see where your going with a month when the qualifiers are played but that would raise another question as to when the players are going to get some down time or we will see ever increasing injuries in  number and severity with the number of games being played.

Just now, southcoastbear said:

Can see where your going with a month when the qualifiers are played but that would raise another question as to when the players are going to get some down time or we will see ever increasing injuries in  number and severity with the number of games being played.

Very good point

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

We should just sign players that don’t play international football

19 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Thibaut Courtois has accused football governing bodies of prioritising money over the welfare of players, who he feels are being treated like "robots".

The Real Madrid goalkeeper played in both of Belgium's Nations League games during the current international break.

This includes Sunday's third-place play-off with Italy, which sparked the 29-year-old's criticism.

"This game is just a money game, we have to be honest about it," he told Sky Sports.

"We just play it because for Uefa it is extra money and it is an extra game on TV.

"OK, for us it's a good game because it's against Italy and for Italy it's a good game because it's against Belgium, but look how much both teams changed their players - if we had both been in the final there would have been others playing."

Forwards Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku were two of the absentees for Sunday's game - which Italy won 2-1 - with players suffering from muscular problems after featuring in the semi-final loss to France three days earlier.

"This just shows that we play too many games," Courtois continued. "Next year we have a World Cup in November, we maybe have to play until the latter stages of June again. We will get injured and nobody cares about the players any more.

"After a long season we will have to play four games in the Nations League again, we will have two weeks' holiday and that's not enough for players to be able to continue playing 12 months at the highest level.

"If we never say anything it will always be the same. They (Uefa) can be angry about other teams making a Super League but they don't care about the players, they just care about their pockets."

Uefa told BBC Sport: "The Nations League has not increased the overall number of matches played by national teams. It is played on dates of the international match calendar. 

"Its introduction was meant to support national team football with meaningful, balanced and exciting matches at all levels, which has actually happened thanks to the fact all teams have objectives to achieve in the competition. 

"Uefa does not keep any of the revenues from the Nations League, which are entirely redistributed to its national associations. These revenues fund the organisation and promotion of football all over Europe.

World governing body Fifa is proposing further changes to the football calendar that would see a World Cup played every two years instead of the current four.

"You hear that they want to put a European Championship and a World Cup every year," added Courtois. "When will we get a rest? Never.

"So in the end top players will get injured all the time and that's the end of it. It's something that should be much better and better taken care of. We're not robots."

We’ve all been saying it for a long time now but no one seems to listen but yes we do think the popes a bender and no fkn surrender

14 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Ahh nearly time to get back to footy.  Done loads of DIY and gardening, cars washed, and even the Mrs has a smile on her face, but really miss the footy.  International breaks are shite. 

Expect a hard fought win, 2-1 again.  

What were some of your DIY jobs Andy?  It’s pivotal to the thread.  Don’t leave us hanging mate.

11 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Smash these no mark cunts

Seems to be a lot more nationalist Hearts fans but dunno I’m just seeing it selectively. Do you even seeing Union flags at Tynecastle anymore?

Some of the hardline Unionist/loyalists I know are active jambos, airdrie and Motherwell believe it or not.

11 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Some of the hardline Unionist/loyalists I know are active jambos, airdrie and Motherwell believe it or not.

Very true, however it did not stop them from joining in the feeding frenzy when we were at out lowest ebb so fuck the lot of them. The only senior Scottish football club I have any respect for is Peterhead who gave us a royal reception when we arrived (one of my last away games) and presented us with the most unusual gift that can be seen in the trophy room, a model of a fishing trawler, painted blue of course.

13 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Very true, however it did not stop them from joining in the feeding frenzy when we were at out lowest ebb so fuck the lot of them. The only senior Scottish football club I have any respect for is Peterhead who gave us a royal reception when we arrived (one of my last away games) and presented us with the most unusual gift that can be seen in the trophy room, a model of a fishing trawler, painted blue of course.

What about Kilmarnock? Think they were the only team not to vote us out of the SPL.

20 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

A course of action that the Killie fans made clear that they did not approve of. And of course you should remember not that long ago when they managed to get a few decent results against us how bolshie they became, Clarke and his "bye bye Rangers " shit. Fuck them, long may they linger in the second tier with their shitey doormat of a pitch.

Fair doos mate. I've never been in to liking any other team at all, just thought I remembered them seeming the least worst at the time of the vote