*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Even before he was playing with an injury he was shite. Not shown up all season.

Best just leave him out when he comes back from injury then eh! My fucking arse. Even when Kent isn't "on it" he offers something at least. 

Aribo and Lundstram best two players on the park today, but Gerrard Takes the one guy that can hold a ball up off and puts Bacuna on :confused:

5 minutes ago, jamess said:

I can see Alfie being difficult to sell as his recent record is very poor. A striker that continually misses chances. 

Hugh Keevins suggested as much on SSB a week or two ago and he was bang on. Needs to sort himself out.

jamess likes this

13 minutes ago, The Archer said:

No blame for Greegs we should have been 3 up,Morelos is no longer a 25 goal a season striker we  need to invest

He's never been a 25 goals a season striker.. The most he has ever score in a league campaign is 18. The other 3 seasons he scored 12, 12 and 14 in the league. 

In Europe he was a monster for us, but domestically he gets by on the number of chances that are created for him. He is by no means a clinical finisher... The amount of efforts that are smashed wide or straight at the keeper is mental. 

delparlane likes this

That was a seriously concerning second half performance, Balogun in particular just seemed to fall apart completely and got ragdolled by both their big guys up front. We're just incapable of putting together two decent halves of football, we've gone from probably our best 45 minutes of the season in the first half to being dominated by a nothing more than decent side in the second. 

Above everyone else though, Morelos should hang his head in shame, his 'close your eyes and swing as hard as you can' approach to finishing is a real problem for us now. I thought that Defoe might be able to coach some calmness into his finishing, but it's not going to happen. And we can forget any delusions of big money bids coming in for him, his value is dropping by the game. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent is either playing with an injury or tired even though he gets a rest every international break.

The reality is, like Hagi, like Aribo they aren’t actually that good.

3 great players there 

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We were very unlucky. We had the right crew on the pitch and were far better than them... they got very lucky and we need a striker on that actually puts them away. 

My thoughts exactly mate,they had all the luck today,we had none,doesn't make that result any easier to take though,disgusted.

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

Hugh Keevins suggested as much on SSB a week or two ago and he was bang on. Needs to sort himself out.

We should've cashed in on him in the summer with anything close to £10m. He's going downhill rapidly.

We needed to freshen up the squad which everyone knew but we didn't and are now suffering from lazy, inconsistent performances.

Got to lay this at SGs door , game for me changed on the subs, don’t think Davis and lundstram can play in same team , he had controlled the game till Davis came on , and then disappeared…how Alfie lasted the full game I’ll never know , yet Fashion who must be full of confidence after his goal midweek is not used

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He’s not even playing and you’re piling on 🤷‍♂️

The poster said Kent would stroll back into the team like a saviour. Short memories that's all I'll say. Wright was shite again today, like the vast majority of the team. Some starting today haven't been been mentioned at fault.

What a way to drop points. Best performance of the season and the forwards continue to miss so many chances. Absolutely criminal. 

Game should have been done and dusted before McGregor fucked it at the end. Not going to criticise him, has bailed us out multiple times.

MVRanger likes this