*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Defo Gerrard fucked it with the subs. 
he’s not learning.

Imagine going all defensive with 20 mins to go and we’re dominating 

infuriating 

Today's on the players. We should have had it wrapped up by half time but poor finishing cost us 2 points.

15 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The ref wasn't the problem, the subs were, plus a striker that can't score worth a fuck right now. If Sakala can't even warrant a sub appearance may aswell just sell him just now! 

dont try and put words in my mouth i didnt say such a thing i merely pointed out an observation about the ref against most other refs ive seen

Just now, GA1972 said:

Would’ve likely solved us not taking 3 points today 

Missing the point there.

Whether it’s Morelos or Roofe we are so reliant on the number 9 scoring our goals.

I said it before the game, where are goals coming from in that starting line up.

The front 4 are basically there to score our goals.

Hagi and Wright haven’t scored in two months, Aribo 2 goals and Morelos off form.

That doesn’t make a successful team just like it didn’t in 2018 and 2019 when we had this kind of form.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

No fully disagreeing but manager has an element of that IMO mate because if Morelos is having a stinker, manager has to be brave and sub him and maybe Sakala would have buried 1 of the chances that then come after that 

Let's be honest, Sakala burying chances based on what we've seen so far is wishful thinking to the extreme.

Quarter of the season gone and we’re in a title scrap with cunts that got promotion and the worst tarrier team since the early 90s. 

That’s genuinely pathetic on all counts. We’ve got away with it for the majority of the season but it’s coming far too frequently now. 

Nothing will change though, ball out wide when you’re shitting yourself and the full back will whip it in. Yet again Lundstrum the only player wanting to play a forward pass through the middle 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Patterson should not have lost his starting place. Captain or not.

Don't know if we've got a chance of keeping Patterson long term in any circumstance but he should be made a first team regular or else he'll have no choice but to leave at the first opportunity 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Never said he was shite but what is his role in team?

is he another Kamara or Lundstram or is he the creator or attacking midfielder?

2 goals this season - how does that compare to Turnbul etc at them?

Dropping Morelos for Roofe solves fuck all as then relying on Roofe to score as no-one else consistently capable.

Ask Gerrard what his role in the team is mate. He's been more consistent than many this season. I think he's wasted deep Midfield. So either behind the fwds or right wing. 

Roofe couldn't be anymore inconsistent than Morelos. Whilst his "new role" means he's meant to create more space for others, it doesn't work. He's went from a relatively consistent goalscorer to being average at best. He's regressing in that role. 

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Best just leave him out when he comes back from injury then eh! My fucking arse. Even when Kent isn't "on it" he offers something at least. 

Aribo and Lundstram best two players on the park today, but Gerrard Takes the one guy that can hold a ball up off and puts Bacuna on :confused:

Taking Aribo off was mental as he was having a decent game, Morelos had just fucked another chance prior to the substitutions....surely you swap him for Roofe as it was blatantly obvious when Morelos is like that he is worse than a man down....the fact he was still on to squander the chance created by Roofe sums up his abject performance 

7 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Really wasn't, missing multiple chances while in total control cost us 2 points, we take those chances and the manager isn't even mentioned. 

Gerrard all day long as Morelos was pish and a man down so subbing him brings more to the team no matter who you bring on. We then have the Aribo sub which was shite management by Gerrard 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

He looks lean and physical fit and I’ll criticise him at times when I think he’s carrying weight

He's miles off form and confidence. No issue with his fitness. 

I said before we need the old Morelos back for now. The one that doesn't drop back and link up play. We need the right nasty bastard that gives defences nightmares.

Morelos has been nowhere near good enough since around January 2020 other than a good month I remember early 2021 I think it was.

He's lost all the attributes which made him great in his first few seasons and the only thing he does well now is drop deep and ping the ball out to the other side of the pitch, which half of the time is totally unnecessary anyway 

Aribo is our best player just now. He is direct and shows plenty energy and creates good chances.

Tav and Alf need some bench time.

McGregor made a mistake but he kept us ahead for a long time and made some great saves

Get Itten back….scoring in German league and playing for one of the highest ranked international teams in Europe. Dropped and loaned out after one game(Malmö away) when the rest of the team didn’t turn up.

Just now, psb07158 said:

A chance from 6 yards out ? 

Alfredo is literally the only striker I've ever seen in my life who misses those sitters with such regularity tbh

I love him but that today from him was a complete nonsense 

He's a very frustrating human being. One week a love the guy the next a want him punted. 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Gerrard all day long as Morelos was pish and a man down so subbing him brings more to the team no matter who you bring on. We then have the Aribo sub which was shite management by Gerrard 

Again, we score half our chances and we are not having this conversation, that was on the players, not the manager, I've criticised Gerrard repeatedly on here but today was not on him at all , outplayed hearts and should have won comfortably, shocking finishing.