*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Just now, Bad Robot said:

He looks lean and physical fit and I’ll criticise him at times when I think he’s carrying weight

He's miles off form and confidence. No issue with his fitness. 

I said before we need the old Morelos back for now. The one that doesn't drop back and link up play. We need the right nasty bastard that gives defences nightmares.

BlueAvenger and Bad Robot like this

Morelos has been nowhere near good enough since around January 2020 other than a good month I remember early 2021 I think it was.

He's lost all the attributes which made him great in his first few seasons and the only thing he does well now is drop deep and ping the ball out to the other side of the pitch, which half of the time is totally unnecessary anyway 

Bad Robot likes this

Aribo is our best player just now. He is direct and shows plenty energy and creates good chances.

Tav and Alf need some bench time.

McGregor made a mistake but he kept us ahead for a long time and made some great saves

Get Itten back….scoring in German league and playing for one of the highest ranked international teams in Europe. Dropped and loaned out after one game(Malmö away) when the rest of the team didn’t turn up.

Just now, psb07158 said:

A chance from 6 yards out ? 

Alfredo is literally the only striker I've ever seen in my life who misses those sitters with such regularity tbh

I love him but that today from him was a complete nonsense 

He's a very frustrating human being. One week a love the guy the next a want him punted. 

PGWoodwind and hammer93 like this

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Gerrard all day long as Morelos was pish and a man down so subbing him brings more to the team no matter who you bring on. We then have the Aribo sub which was shite management by Gerrard 

Again, we score half our chances and we are not having this conversation, that was on the players, not the manager, I've criticised Gerrard repeatedly on here but today was not on him at all , outplayed hearts and should have won comfortably, shocking finishing. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's miles off form and confidence. No issue with his fitness. 

I said before we need the old Morelos back for now. The one that doesn't drop back and link up play. We need the right nasty bastard that gives defences nightmares.

Or we drop him, we did at times last season and it worked with roofe up top

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

A chance from 6 yards out ? 

Alfredo is literally the only striker I've ever seen in my life who misses those sitters with such regularity tbh

I love him but that today from him was a complete nonsense 

Not even convinced Sakala would be in a position to bury that. Looks like he hasn't a clue where to be on the pitch.

I love Morelos aswell, but his finishing of late is shocking and he needs dropped. If Sakala can't be trusted to even come on as a sub then he shouldn't have been signed. 

Tav needs dropped also, he just looks devoid of defending, attacking, crossing, passion and aggression. Patterson should be ahead of him. 

falkirkNS likes this

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Again, we score half our chances and we are not having this conversation, that was on the players, not the manager, I've criticised Gerrard repeatedly on here but today was not on him at all , outplayed hearts and should have won comfortably, shocking finishing. 

How many games are we going to have a terrible chance to goal ratio before he tries to change it though, same old 1 man up top himself isnt working well at all

Bad Robot likes this

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Morelos has been nowhere near good enough since around January 2020 other than a good month I remember early 2021 I think it was.

Aye 38 goals/assists in 60 starts since Jan 2020 is certainly 'nowhere near good enough'...

Essandoh likes this

Seems SG wants to grind out wins in a manner similar to last season, but we don't have the defensive strength for that currently. Last season we were denying teams shots on target let alone goals. This season we seem there for the taking vs anyone who fancies their chances. Not helped at the other end either. Morelos has never been our most clinical striker, but today was horrendous. Unbelievably mercurial player and sadly one we're still reliant on - if he struggles, we struggle.

BlueAvenger likes this

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

most posters are blaming Gerrard and his subs including the lack of them 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The inability to finish chances and the inability to see a game out cost us today. Not a single substitution.

The sub(s) contributed to that also, that can't be denied. The dynamic of the game changed with the subs to kick on and press for a winner/two goal cushion. 

7 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Ask Gerrard what his role in the team is mate. He's been more consistent than many this season. I think he's wasted deep Midfield. So either behind the fwds or right wing. 

Roofe couldn't be anymore inconsistent than Morelos. Whilst his "new role" means he's meant to create more space for others, it doesn't work. He's went from a relatively consistent goalscorer to being average at best. He's regressing in that role. 

Surely if playing in team beside Lundstram and Kamara then Aribo is your midfield creator/goalscorer?

if not, then why the fuck are we playing basically 3 CDM’s every game in Scotland!