*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

40 minutes ago, Marco said:

Seems SG wants to grind out wins in a manner similar to last season, but we don't have the defensive strength for that currently. Last season we were denying teams shots on target let alone goals. This season we seem there for the taking vs anyone who fancies their chances. Not helped at the other end either. Morelos has never been our most clinical striker, but today was horrendous. Unbelievably mercurial player and sadly one we're still reliant on - if he struggles, we struggle.

Looks like we’re conserving energy, fuck knows wit for though. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We had about 25 shots or chances  outwith the 20 minutes  

Only replying to your comment about "trying to see out the last 20mins"

Game should have been over well before the subs came on. AM had a superb 5mins when he pulled off 2 top class saves.

In those 20mins you mention we had, in my opinion, at least 2 chances I'd have expected us to score 99% of the time.

Not too sure I blame Gerrard today?

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If it's for the Europa League, I'm afraid we have to look at the "bigger picture" 

League comes first, especially this year. 

We’ll be out the Europa league on Thursday if we serve up that second half for the 18th time this season

Literally anyone could see from 50 minutes on we were laboured, plodding about and created 3 chances the full half all of which should’ve been buried. 

Bar that 2 mins of play we were honestly dreadful, playing for the 1-0 trying to see it out at home to a team newly promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Delusional bar his Lundstrum assessment. 

A man going through the motions, no wonder the team aren’t up for it

Saying that we need to take our chances and that the game is all about what happens in two boxes, is delusional?

We are fuckin woeful at the back.end of fuckin story.should have brought Patterson on for tav, and sakala for morelos.lundstrum was fuckin magic though.its not all doom and gloom, we are still top,but unless we start finishing our chances, this could be slog and a half.

No Surrender 

Rab 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Delusional bar his Lundstrum assessment. 

A man going through the motions, no wonder the team aren’t up for it

I've not listened to it nor know if I want to. Don't want to hear we're not clinical enough in the final third - it's an ongoing theme - If Sakala isn't good enough to start a game or impact a game as a sub then why did we sign him? 

It's gonna be reminiscent of Itten (bar Motherwell) if that's the case. :hmmm: