*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

19 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Away days in the lower leagues were class

Dono some were a bit rank. One thag always comes to mind was Cowdenbeath away, stuck behind they fences and it was baltic, snotters freezing on my face. 

Since we're on the topic of the lower league journey, one thing that never gets mentioned is the fact that we are now the only team to have won all available senior trophies in the country. 

League 2

League 1

Championship

Premiership

Challenge cup

League cup

Scottish cup

3 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Since we're on the topic of the lower league journey, one thing that never gets mentioned is the fact that we are now the only team to have won all available senior trophies in the country. 

League 2

League 1

Championship

Premiership

Challenge cup

League cup

Scottish cup

Bit shit we didn't win the Champions League back around the turn of the century before the really silly money came in to football. Pretty much won everything else possible.

10 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I still maintain we would've beat Milan in that final the French pricks cheated their way to. 

Would have been a very tall order given all the great players Milan had at that time. McCoist would have missed it due to his leg break,let's not forget, that wouldn't have helped. One of the great what if questions, that's for sure. The way that season was I suppose anything could have happened in that final....

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Would have been a very tall order given all the great players Milan had at that time. McCoist would have missed it due to his leg break,let's not forget, that wouldn't have helped. One of the great what if questions, that's for sure. The way that season was I suppose anything could have happened in that final....

Aye Milan were quality at the time but I just think we were destined for it, the stars were aligning for us and we had the bit between our teeth, until brown envelope FC that is. 

Just now, Drumloyal said:

Aye Milan were quality at the time but I just think we were destined for it, the stars were aligning for us and we had the bit between our teeth, until brown envelope FC that is. 

Yeah that's the galling thing that they cheated. They too had a lot of fantastic players, there was no need to cheat. Don't mind losing out when it's fair and square but when underhand shit happens it's a million times worse. 

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

What were the highlights from the 4 years down in the dregs for you exactly? 

I enjoyed Ally doing karaoke after losing in the challenge cup final. 

That and stories of ‘bare arse’ training, and Ian Black having tea and cakes at half time during games. 

1 hour ago, Drumloyal said:

League 2

League 1

Championship

Premiership

Challenge cup

League cup

Scottish cup

Aye what an achievement that is.  Bloody marvellous in fact.  

16 hours ago, SPWF said:

Lower leagues enjoyable :lol: Not only was it embarrassing to be there, the football Ally served us up was beyond awful. If you enjoyed anything about that period of our history you need your head examined tbh. 

This is a sad way to look at life

You just have to make the most of what you’ve got. Yes the football was atrocious at times. Cheering on more than a couple of total duds.

But I did enjoy the early years in the 3rd 2nd and 1st to experience so many different stadiums and places I’ve never been. The Brechin hedge, the no holes barred singing at Berwick as the police didn’t give AF what we sung. 

getting the chance to stuff Motherwell in the cup, that night at ibrox felt like a champions league night the atmosphere was electric. 

9 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Roofe still in Honduras, not likely to feature on Saturday?

Far from ideal as he looks like he’s came into a bit of form. 
If he’s good for a start on the bench then hopefully he can make similar impact as the hibs game.