*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Last season we had the consistency to hang games out but we are a shadow of the team we were defensive wise last year, the sooner Goldson get to fuck or signs a contract the better, since the start of the season if feels a wee bit like people’s mind is elsewhere, Morelos tae

i don’t get the grief Wright is getting, he tried his best, limited ability but unless kent finds last seasons form then I’d rather wright than him

We kept our main players and added to them that was supposed to make us stronger, it feels like we are going backwards this season, no improvement as a team what so ever IMO

The new players we've added are more "squad" players which is disappointing. Lundstram is looking better by the game, jury is out on Sakala and Bacuna though. 

Unfortunately there are a few from last season that haven't replicated their form. Tav being the major one. Morelos fleeting, McGregor looking a wee bit like his years are catching up on him (maybe Davis too) , to name but a few. They are the mainstays/spine of the team from last season, so who knows. 

There will always be ups and downs in form. We've only lost one game, so a wee upturn in form and hopefully we can capitalise and turn it into more points. 

43 minutes ago, Swagger said:

If Defoe is coaching the strikers it’s clearly not working 

Or they’re not listening 

One thing Defoe has always done throughout his career that all top striker do is get across the front post for balls coming in, our other forwards seem to just linger about the back post all the time 

10 minutes ago, gmcf said:

A funny kind of game . 

For the first hour or so I thought we played quite well , certainly the best we've played this season , but after that it was like flicking a switch and suddenly we panicked , started defending deeper and deeper , inviting Hearts on top of us , before the inevitable happened.  

I dont think Gerrard's substitutions were the right calls , and he's got some big decisions to make , particularly regarding Tavanier , Barrisic and Goldson who are shadows of the players they were last season.  

Should have been 4 or 5 - 1.  Played very well up till the final shot.

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

ps Gerrard nobody rates bakuna he’s shite what does he see in him?

morelos utter shit today, don’t know how he missed that, was right behind the goal and looked easier to score😞

Disagree, i think Bacuna's getting better each game he gets to play, bit like what happened with Lundstram. 

Far too early to write him off.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

He runs and makes a lot of hustle plays but there is no magic in his boots. His offsides today was indefensible.

One of them aye, but the best players in the world get caught offside fs, as for magic, he doesn’t need magic in his boots for this league, his pace will hurt teams, not like Kent’s but where the fuck is he? 

id love to know what happened to our team from last year, something defo going on, this Shitey form has went on too long against mediocre shite, and I don’t even mean hearts in that, fucking Dundee Utd beating us told a story, can’t think of a convincing performance all season

Absolutely gutted with the result but trying to take positives for the game we created more chances and general play was much better than its been this season. Hopefully that’s a sign of progression and not a one off and we can continue getting better. also really liking the look of Lundstram. 

Shouts of Morelos being finished and punting him for 5 mil are wild. Also how the fuck did that Devlin get away with so many fouls. 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

One of them aye, but the best players in the world get caught offside fs, as for magic, he doesn’t need magic in his boots for this league, his pace will hurt teams, not like Kent’s but where the fuck is he? 

id love to know what happened to our team from last year, something defo going on, this Shitey form has went on too long against mediocre shite, and I don’t even mean hearts in that, fucking Dundee Utd beating us told a story, can’t think of a convincing performance all season

I thought we looked like our old selves 1st half, and possibly 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Some of our passing/play/one touch passing in the 1st half was excellent. 

We have to kill games when that dominant though, that killed us today. Not to dredge up the past, but if McCoist is up front we are 3 nil up at half time. We need an instinctive striker, goal poacher. 

13 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

First half today was as convincing as it gets tbh 

21 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

But I can't see what more Gerrard can do with basically the same squad as last season. It's the same players but they just don't seem with it. I'm hoping this is just a blip and we come out all guns blazing soon. The likes of Hagi and Aribo who contributed with goals last season look nowhere near the firm we need 

Could of got CL group stages and access to money which would bring new players.

Appreciate Kamara and Roofe being banned is out of his control and did us no favours but the drop off between the team that pumped Aberdeen last game of the season and what we’ve seen this season is unacceptable.

43 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

That mob never laid a glove on Rangers today, they are shite but slink away with a point, all self inflicted. At times like this there’s only one solution.

0976C1CD-97FF-4F4C-BB8F-27FF8C60D07A.gif.a3e2584f9272c9e35548c9e9776f3025.gif

I’m away to find my hot Russian, she’s my solution 👏🏻👏🏻😎😎