*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****

Blue Nosed Babe

Didn't see the whole game yesterday but caught highlights. We looked shite toward the end, Hearts had no issue getting through the defence, McKay in particular.

Whole squad needs sat down and reminded that last season is over and that they need to sort their shit out, they look uninterested.

wasn't great yesterday at all...yes, we should have buried a lot more chances and everyone would be happy.

Greegsy has won us far more points that he has cost us and i bet there's no-one more gutted than him at his error.

Just hope we can start to crack on...we know other teams have lost the fear of coming to coming to Ibrox....and we need to get that back.

going to be a long week waiting for St Mirren to come around.

4 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

Shagger did have a howler at the goal, but as Gerrard said himself we should have been out of sight by then.

But point is we werent so at that time we needed our most experienced goalkeeper to clutch that ball and take it into his chest. He’s fucked it plain and simple. 

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Bacuna seems to be receiving a fair bit of criticism. I'm not sure why, I thought some of his passes were excellent. However, I'm not sure what his best position is.

We need to get the Buff going.

And Tav done himself no favours in the continuing debate at right back.

Noticed Tav in the first half when there was a fuck up for a throw in. He was so busy looking at the ground shaking his head he missed the fact that play had restarted. His heads up his arse. 

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

Just seen their goal from behind the goal - fuck me it’s beyond belief they are scoring from there. It’s fucking terrible 

It was bad but the ultimate issue was the game not being killed well before then especially when it’s not the first time this season we’ve left ourselves in that position 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Bacuna seems to be receiving a fair bit of criticism. I'm not sure why, I thought some of his passes were excellent. However, I'm not sure what his best position is.

The old scatter gun approach.

Had 3 really good passes that others in the team (Hagi aside) probably don’t see. Can see exactly what he’ll bring when he’s up to speed if you’ve got a half a brain. 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He produced a few good balls in behind their defence but we completely lost control if the game when he did come on. 

45 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Think we need to go 4-4-2, or some formation with 2 up front, at home in games outwith the scum. So many chances and such shit finishing. 

It makes sense.

I know at the high level of champions League and the top European countries it's an outdated tactic but the Scottish games aren't played like those games are, especially when it's an old firm team Vs any of the other teams.

Most of our league games are spent with us on the attack for most of the game so it makes sense to have 2 strikers. The other teams are always going to be looking for a break away anyway.

15 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Regardless of Hearts scoring in the last minute, even if they hadn't, the burning question of us scoring goals is still there. It would still need addressed even had we won. Its been an issue all season thus far.  

This about sums it up, killer instinct is not there, no aggression.

21 hours ago, Swagger said:

Noticed Tav in the first half when there was a fuck up for a throw in. He was so busy looking at the ground shaking his head he missed the fact that play had restarted. His heads up his arse. 

Tav guilty of that in most games. Body language unbelievably bad at times, head down & shoulders slouched. Poor captaincy. 

Just watched the game back, played really well as I thought on Saturday. So much chances that we should've taken. Before Hearts had forced a save out of McGregor we could've been well out of sight. Some of the football was really good, but we just seemed to settle at around seventy minutes, Morelos' performance doesn't get much better second time around and neither does Tavernier's. Think going forward It should be Patterson. For me the only thing Tavernier has over him is experience and due to the fact he's older than him he always will. Think we need to realise that last seasons Tavernier isn't his level and if anything it was a purple patch. Said on Saturday and I'll say it again I really don't want to see us line up without Kemar Roofe either, brings so much. 

42 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Just watched the game back, played really well as I thought on Saturday. So much chances that we should've taken. Before Hearts had forced a save out of McGregor we could've been well out of sight. Some of the football was really good, but we just seemed to settle at around seventy minutes, Morelos' performance doesn't get much better second time around and neither does Tavernier's. Think going forward It should be Patterson. For me the only thing Tavernier has over him is experience and due to the fact he's older than him he always will. Think we need to realise that last seasons Tavernier isn't his level and if anything it was a purple patch. Said on Saturday and I'll say it again I really don't want to see us line up without Kemar Roofe either, brings so much. 

Roofe has started a few games this season as well and looked inept. We need to get ALL of our strikers on form because it's beyond a joke.

Tav definitely needs dropped for Patterson, his body language is terrible as is his play.