Jump to content

*****The Champions v hearts Thread*****


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, SPWF said:

Lower leagues enjoyable :lol: Not only was it embarrassing to be there, the football Ally served us up was beyond awful. If you enjoyed anything about that period of our history you need your head examined tbh. 

This is a sad way to look at life

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just have to make the most of what you’ve got. Yes the football was atrocious at times. Cheering on more than a couple of total duds.
 

But I did enjoy the early years in the 3rd 2nd and 1st to experience so many different stadiums and places I’ve never been. The Brechin hedge, the no holes barred singing at Berwick as the police didn’t give AF what we sung. 

 

getting the chance to stuff Motherwell in the cup, that night at ibrox felt like a champions league night the atmosphere was electric. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Roofe still in Honduras, not likely to feature on Saturday?

Far from ideal as he looks like he’s came into a bit of form. 
If he’s good for a start on the bench then hopefully he can make similar impact as the hibs game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2021 at 17:43, The Specky Liar said:

Away days in the lower leagues were class

Can’t disagree with that 

football was shite to embarrassing and everything in between but some great days out that you just don’t get anymore being bussed right in and out of car parks in soulless stadiums on the outskirts of Perth or the Tony macaroni arena .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Can’t disagree with that 

football was shite to embarrassing and everything in between but some great days out that you just don’t get anymore being bussed right in and out of car parks in soulless stadiums on the outskirts of Perth or the Tony macaroni arena .

No terracing at Annan, just a flat surface. Forfar stadium situated at a cattle market. Alloa having a KFC in the car park. Scaffolding for stands at Peterhead. Brechin having a hedge for a stand. 

Great memories :lol: 

Fuck it away to read the banter years thread from a few years ago

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

No terracing at Annan, just a flat surface. Forfar stadium situated at a cattle market. Alloa having a KFC in the car park. Scaffolding for stands at Peterhead. Brechin having a hedge for a stand. 

Great memories :lol: 

Fuck it away to read the banter years thread from a few years ago

Has this thread been deleted?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll never forget the lower leagues, good or mostly bad. 
 

That night at Alloa where we got beat 3-2 I honestly thought that we’d never come back the way we have. Standing in the snow at a time was one of the worst feelings I had with Rangers. 
 

Met some amazing people on the way though and had some trips I’ll never forget. 

jintybear, bluenoz and cr3_bear like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jamess said:

If you stop supporting coz your team is shit and playing in a lower league then maybe your not a supporter. Full stadiums throughout suggests the core support is solid. Just need to pass on to our children.

That was the real legacy of those days. Attendances in level 4 exceeding EPL attendances.

PGWoodwind likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

You meaning this one?

 

Mental how that thread starts with “now we are on the up”

then a week later was Progres. 
 

wasn’t there also a “we didn’t start the fire” thread aswell?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/10/2021 at 16:52, SPWF said:

Lower leagues enjoyable :lol: Not only was it embarrassing to be there, the football Ally served us up was beyond awful. If you enjoyed anything about that period of our history you need your head examined tbh. 

I look back on the lower leagues with bittersweet memories. Yes some of the results were beyond embarrassing, and the style of play was usually mediocre to piss poor. Despite all that it will always have a special place in my heart. My dad and I went to so many games home and away and I have a lifetime of memories from them. What I'd give to go to a game with him again 😥

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 27 October 2021 18:45 Until 20:45
      0  
      Rangers v Aberdeen
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...