Shagger

plymouthranger

Love him, but we badly need to give McLaughlin a run of games now. 

He’s pulling off good saves but his concentration isn’t quite what it was in previous years. Needs a spell out and arguably should be moved towards a back up player given his age. 

Was very surprised at the error, he had two excellent saves in the 10 minutes before it so you’d expect him to mop it up. 

Tbh though I’ve never been that confident with him commanding high balls into the box coming off his line, probably his biggest weakness. 

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Poor at cross balls and always has been.

I've been saying the same since his first time with us.

Great shot stopper but drop a cross into his 6 yd area and he seems hesitant in what to do. He did it in the first half today as well as he was rooted to his goal line instead of taking command and coming out to clear the danger.

46 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Think he's going from a stellar season by his standards to an average one, thus far. Still rather be seeing him between the sticks than McLaughlin.

He had several top saves today, and before the 90th minute was having a Stormer, reminiscent of last season. Not sure I'd give up on the chance of getting that back because of one howler.

McLaughlin is a back up, nothing more. McCrorie should be between the sticks for the next few games imo.  

Yeah he was at fault for the goal, but did also make some great saves.

To he fair to him, we are just not scoring enough goals atm, and a one goal lead late in the game is never enough.

Ffs they came up from the championship! We need to start scoring freely again or else this kind of shit will continue to happen unfortunately 

39 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

McLaughlin is a back up, nothing more. McCrorie should be between the sticks for the next few games imo.  

Mccrorie shouldn't have dropped the Jersey imo after Europe and tarriers game.

Done nothing wrong, like pattersin, bassey dropped for bigger names.

Not the merit ethic that Gerrard talks of...

21 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Some amount of absolute shite gets posted on here, he made 1 mistake, if the rest of the team hadn't made mistakes in front of goal nobody would care, yet there are calls for him to be dropped??? He was outstanding before that.

I wouldn't drop him. 

He has had bad days before. He almost always comes back stronger for it. 

He made a mistake, it happens. Problem for goalkeepers is that a mistake usually ends up as a goal against you. Outfield players make multiple mistakes per games and don't get punished so severely. If the attacking players are doing their job and putting the ball on the net at the other end of the park then one mistake would not equal dropped points. 27 attempts at goal today with one goal is a shocking statistic. If you include the game against Motherwell we have had 51 shots at goal and scored 2 goals, dropping 4 points. 

Thought his distribution today was very slow and too safe at times when he could have started quick attacks, still making good saves but what can you say when a mistake like that occurs, he's won us more points than he's lost us, the team will need to go on a run now, put today behind us.

35 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He never had a bad day fs he made some good stops to keep us at 1-0 he made one mistake that cost us. I’m more fucking annoyed at why we let hearts create  the chances in the first place, Shaggers not to blame for that.

Well he is but I agree he saved us from conceding more. 

I'm maybe reading into it a bit too much but I think his body language looks different this season. I feel like winning the league was the closure he needed and will probably retire at the end of the season. If I'm honest I'm a little disappointed Robbie Mccrorie was not given more of a chance as he filled in in 2 very important games and passed with flying colours.