Where is Scotty Arfield

Anyone any idea what’s happening with Arfield??

Hardly kicked a ball this season and not even on the bench today.

After last season I think it’s fair to say he wouldn’t be in the starting 11 but in our current sticky form I can’t work out why he’s not getting minutes ahead of other players.

Adds energy, runs beyond the strikers and scores from outside the box - Traits we are badly missing at the moment

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Failing to replace his type of player is one of major issues this season.

The Kamara, Lundstram and Aribo midfield simply isn’t working.

I agree with the first part mate , but I don't think the midfield was a big problem today . Players being wasteful in front of goal , taking the wrong options , and a goalie who showed the punching ability of michael stewart ultimately cost us full points today .

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It has the feeling on a transitional season so far. Arfield, Davis, McGregor, Defoe all getting less game time. 

As you say, the replacements aren't working. There is a spark and real quality missing that these guys in their prime had in abundance.

Individually Kamara, Lundstram and Aribo are good players, but we definitely miss the thrust that Arfield and Davis at their pomp gave us. 

Just now, Fred H Crawford said:

I agree with the first part mate , but I don't think the midfield was a big problem today . Players being wasteful in front of goal , taking the wrong options , and a goalie who showed the punching ability of michael stewart ultimately cost us full points today .

To paraphrase Three Lions.

"we weren't creative enough, we weren't positive enough"

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Actually not a paraphrase, that is a direct quote.

Not seen any of the post match stuff (Gerrard I presume ) To be fair his decision to bring Davis on and move Lundstrum out right seemed to backfire this time and only invited more pressure onto the back four .

Just now, Fred H Crawford said:

Bacuna came on and gave the ball away too much but with hardly any game time it’s difficult. Agree we should have won at at stroll, was just one of those games where luck and effort didn’t see us out.

12 minutes ago, murzo said:

Bacuna came on and gave the ball away too much but with hardly any game time it’s difficult. Agree we should have won at at stroll, was just one of those games where luck and effort didn’t see us out.

Thought Bacuna was poor today mate but can't judge the lad yet, as you say he needs more game time.

6 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Midfield yesterday was the least of our worries,defence is piss poor and Morelos has been utter shite.

It was only once Gerrard changed our midfield with his bizarre substitutions that the game changed.

6 hours ago, docspiderman said:

So far I would rate Bacuna  as well below mediocre.Has he ever shown in his previous clubs that he will add anymore than he has shown so far with us?

Bacuna hasn’t played enough football for us to be rated as anything yet tbh. Replace his name with Lundstram in that post and and this could be any post about him from six weeks ago. 

Was a key player this time last year. Defoe was top scorer in league this time 2 years ago, albeit 2 years is a long time for a player his age. He also scored against celtic and sheep this may. I don't understand how those two are no longer options, especially how shite we have been. Surely they can't have regressed that quickly, and if they have need moved on in Jan 

6 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Was a key player this time last year. Defoe was top scorer in league this time 2 years ago, albeit 2 years is a long time for a player his age. He also scored against celtic and sheep this may. I don't understand how those two are no longer options, especially how shite we have been. Surely they can't have regressed that quickly, and if they have need moved on in Jan 

Think arfield is rumoured to be off to Newcastle, not confirmed though