Players that need moved on

Madina

6 hours ago, Swagger said:

Firth, Simpson, Barker, Arfield,Itten ASAP.

Tav,Goldson, McGregor, Davis, Morelos, Bacuna at the end of the season. Morelos in January if a decent bid came in but not much chance of that at the moments 

Regardless there will be a major rebuild required so we need that Champions League money - this season is huge going forward 

Seen about 5 appearances from Bacuna ffs:lol:

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's currently 5th choice behind McGregor, McLaughlin, McCrorie and Wright (going by matchday squad appearances at least). Not sure we need another GK coach to make up numbers for drills when Casper only has five keepers he works with everyday (including Firth). We've also got Graeme Smith on the coaching staff working with the Academy keepers and often use Academy keepers to make up numbers for drills too.

He wasnt even involved in the training day exercises. Jay Hogarth, Robby McCrorie and Kieran Wright were the other GKs that day 

6 hours ago, Swagger said:

Firth, Simpson, Barker, Arfield,Itten ASAP.

Tav,Goldson, McGregor, Davis, Morelos, Bacuna at the end of the season. Morelos in January if a decent bid came in but not much chance of that at the moments 

Regardless there will be a major rebuild required so we need that Champions League money - this season is huge going forward 

The CL money is going to be paying off about 3-4 years of huge losses.

We should have sold a big player in the summer to reinvest and keep the team fresh and do the same this coming summer.

Instead we'll probably have a decent sized job to do in 1 window.

A season like we had last season was never going to be replicated and was a tough act to follow. Yes, performances this season haven't been the best but looking back at last season we weren’t always playing amazing football but we were getting the results. The squad needs freshened up that's for sure but some of the stick players and the gaffer are getting is unreal. 

Keep the faith and stop shitting the bed

:pierre:

21 hours ago, GeeSS said:

We do have a lot of deadwood  Arfield Davis  Barker McGregor McLaughlin are in last year of contract and will leave at end of season. Firth is  assistant Goalkeeper coach as well as emergency 4 th choice so will probably stay on if manager stays  Kelly Is not going to get a chance and at around 20/21  needs to be playing as not a youngster any more he has a full season in SPFL under his belt last season at Ross county too so should be played or moved on  Jack  time will tell but we have missed him hope he can get back quickly but if isn’t playing by xmas he will need to go too Simpson is a bombscare  and has been a disaster  we can add Sakala  and Bacuna to that list as well dreadful signings both  we also have Balogun who is required at moment but isn’t good enough  Katic who we need to assess after serious injury like Jack  Goldson who is refusing to sign a new deal is a concern  all in all if and when the manager leaves there isn’t a great deal left for new boss and no money either!!!

its shite being champions and top of the league innit. 

On 18/10/2021 at 23:46, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I don't understand the shit Aribo gets. Play him as part of a front 3 or a number 10. Otherwise he's wasted. 

One of our better players thus far, in games played. 

Hes a luxury player who does something special every now and then.

Has threatened to be a player for 3 years now, but we have to remember he came from non league to Charlton and is a prospective gamble. Powderpuff and lacks aggression, penetration in the final 3rd, we ticky taka and tickle defences this season so far. 

Unless Gerrard grows a set then be prepared for more dissapintments, pre covid, Gerrard was sinking.

Only fir the crash barriers intrusive start to the season under an Austin gamble. 

As champions we should be pummelling ahead in this league by 9 points!!!

The malmo fiasco cannot just be forgot about, its been massive imo especially on recruitment, the route Into the Champions league could not have been any kinder 

We have stagnated, we have goldson for ex dictating to us whether he signs a new contract which he isn't going to do, he should have been sold before the season started and squad freshened up 

Tavernier as captain  is failing and another who does not deserve to start games currently but IS....

Lundstram and Davis, Gerrard still isn't learning that our shape us fucked when he shoehorns them into the same11.

Goldson, barasic both should have been sold and morelos if we could have in the summer past.

Morelos was up at 25 million at his europa league height, be lucky to get 15 now and we all know it.

The fringe players speak for themselves 

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Has threatened to be a player for 3 years now, but we have to remember he came from non league to Charlton and is a prospective gamble. Powderpuff and lacks aggression, penetration in the final 3rd, we ticky taka and tickle defences this season so far. 

Unless Gerrard grows a set then be prepared for more dissapintments, pre covid, Gerrard was sinking.

Only fir the crash barriers intrusive start to the season under an Austin gamble. 

The malmo fiasco cannot just be forgot about, its been massive imo especially on recruitment, the route Into the Champions league could not have been any kinder 

We have stagnated, we have goldson for ex dictating to us whether he signs a new contract which he isn't going to do, he should have been sold before the season started and squad freshened up 

Tavernier as captain  is failing and another who does not deserve to start games currently but IS....

Lundstram and Davis, Gerrard still isn't learning that our shape us fucked when he shoehorns them into the same11.

Goldson, barasic both should have been sold and morelos if we could have in the summer past.

Morelos was up at 25 million at his europa league height, be lucky to get 15 now and we all know it.

How isn’t Tavernier as captain working? We literally just won the league

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Don’t talk so much shite. 

I agree that the fringe players are not good enough but the rest of that is complete fucking nonsense ffs. 

Should have moved on at least one of Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Kamara, Kent, Hagi or Morelos.

While I didn’t want any of them to leave we should have (hindsight, obv) done so. That would have let us potentially improve the 1st 11. The team/squad has gone stale - management, board and team have rested on their laurels.

47 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Putting your head in the sand with using the league table as some sort of evidence that everything is OK. 

Same with the we were only 1 point off last seasons total shouts after Hibs win few weeks ago. We’d been to pittodrie, easter road, fir park and livi in that time whereas our fixtures have been a lot kinder this time around.

We’ve barely kicked a ball all season, 1 win in 6 in Europe, tarriers gave us a head start and we’re only 4 ahead with tougher places to go until new year.

It’s funny when people use the phrase “head in the sand” as if personally I can do anything about our team performance.  🤪. What will happen if I take my head out the sand? Ffs. 

people can only give some facts across to calm the bedwetters down. Fact is we are top of the league and look like that’s not going to change looking at the run of games ahead  

I thought against Hertz it’s the best we’ve played all season until the gaffer gave away our momentum by trying to manage the game by shite subs at 70 mins.  He hasn’t learned much on that front but we don’t drop many points from it so my opinion might be shite on that front.  It’s also a retrospective look at a game too. 

what is clear that our depth of squad is worrying - when subs do come on they don’t improve our game but rather weaken it.  

so get your head out the sand and cheer yourself up man, we’re top of the league and there no.  

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Come June 2022 the following should all not be at the club in a playing capacity.

Barker, Simpson, Itten, Defoe, McGregor, Arfield, Davis, Firth, Hastie and Middleton

Hopefully Balogun and McLaughlin get at least new 1 or 2 year deals asap.

Then we have the likes of Goldson(2022), Jack, Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Helander with deals ending in 2023.

Could be looking at a huge rebuild next summer.

Defo a huge rebuild next summer, winning that league will be difference between doing it on a decent budget or a shoestring.

39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s funny when people use the phrase “head in the sand” as if personally I can do anything about our team performance.  🤪. What will happen if I take my head out the sand? Ffs. 

people can only give some facts across to calm the bedwetters down. Fact is we are top of the league and look like that’s not going to change looking at the run of games ahead  

I thought against Hertz it’s the best we’ve played all season until the gaffer gave away our momentum by trying to manage the game by shite subs at 70 mins.  He hasn’t learned much on that front but we don’t drop many points from it so my opinion might be shite on that front.  It’s also a retrospective look at a game too. 

what is clear that our depth of squad is worrying - when subs do come on they don’t improve our game but rather weaken it.  

so get your head out the sand and cheer yourself up man, we’re top of the league and there no.  

Gerrard has a massive part in this and it’s because he’s using the wrong subs.

Wright coming off should of been for Sakala, not Bacuna. Roofe coming on should of been for Morelos.

19 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Gerrard has a massive part in this and it’s because he’s using the wrong subs.

Wright coming off should of been for Sakala, not Bacuna. Roofe coming on should of been for Morelos.

I think Bacuna did well when he came on, created 3 good chances. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Come June 2022 the following should all not be at the club in a playing capacity.

Barker, Simpson, Itten, Defoe, McGregor, Arfield, Davis, Firth, Hastie and Middleton

Hopefully Balogun and McLaughlin get at least new 1 or 2 year deals asap.

Then we have the likes of Goldson(2022), Jack, Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Helander with deals ending in 2023.

Could be looking at a huge rebuild next summer.

And I still think you have to question whether Gerrard will still be here as the manager to do it.

He has a massive decision to make at the end of this season, and I think we do too. The team is going to need rebuilt, do we want him to oversee it if he’s only going to stay for say another season before he leaves, and or do we want somebody new to come in who is going to be here for four or five years to come in and build their own squad rather than inherit one from Gerrard a year down the line.

Next Summer is massive for us on so many levels.

As a total aside, if you had to put together a shortlist of managers to replace Gerrard (I don’t want him out, but I do think we should always be succession planning) who would you have on it at the moment? 

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wee reminder about how shite we are. 

0C59BD98-C677-4403-B9BA-25828E8C9E81.thumb.jpeg.fa7f62420f5d179f6e409848d66da35b.jpeg

keep that win ratio up and we’re heading for being utterly pure shite of the shitiest of shiteness 

Pretty obvious you've not been to the last few games then, eh? We are a very pale shadow of what we were 6 months ago. Apart from the first half v Hearts, we are horrendous to watch.

Stevie Wonder in a dark room could see we need some kind of radical change.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Bacuna did well when he came on, created 3 good chances. 

But also gave the ball away 2 or 3 times. Not having a go at him because he’s hardly had much game time. I think that’s part of the problem for a lot of players. Not getting a run of games to get up to speed and find the level of consistency that then builds confidence in the team as a whole.

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wee reminder about how shite we are. 

0C59BD98-C677-4403-B9BA-25828E8C9E81.thumb.jpeg.fa7f62420f5d179f6e409848d66da35b.jpeg

keep that win ratio up and we’re heading for being utterly pure shite of the shitiest of shiteness 

Hmm. One point ahead of Hearts, half of celtic's goal difference and 25 per cent of available points dropped. 'Steven is a willing pupil but must do better.'