Players that need moved on

Madina

33 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Pretty obvious you've not been to the last few games then, eh? We are a very pale shadow of what we were 6 months ago. Apart from the first half v Hearts, we are horrendous to watch.

Stevie Wonder in a dark room could see we need some kind of radical change.

Not missed a game all season. 
not hitting the heights of last season but still top of the league. True sign of champions. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Bacuna did well when he came on, created 3 good chances. 

I didn’t have a problem with Bacuna performance tbh, problem was we lost all pace in the front 3.

If he was planning for Hagi or Aribo to come off it should of been for Bacuna. We allowed Hearts to move up the park as no threat of pace getting behind them and stopped us from having an out ball over the top.

If Gerrard fails to win the league then he deserves to be sacked. However I think he will win the league again and stay for the CL.

A win tomorrow is huge. I am not confident of that and I doubt if the squad are. However victory over Brondby. if followed  by a win on Sunday will restore confidence all around.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Heard Zidane and Conte love Ibrox on CL nights. :pipe:

Actually have no clue right now mate, you? 

In terms of realistically available European managers, I’d suggest the likes of Jon Dahl Tomasson, Sergiy Rebrov or Shevchenko.

As things stand we are one season away from a major rebuilding job being required. Most of the players signed in the past year or so are not even as good as those they are likely replacing never mind taking us to the next level.

I fully expect that next season we will be without at least Barker, Hastie, Davis, McGregor, Goldson, Hagi, Kamara, Arfield and Morelos. Possibly Kent as well if someone is willing to pay the £10m or whatever.

While some may say good riddance to some of these names the question remains - who is going to take their place? The current squad minus the above does not fill me with confidence. Even if we brought in 2 or 3 new faces every new signing is a gamble and may or may not make the grade.

Make no mistake about it we are potentially very close to having to build most of a team again.

18 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

its shite being champions and top of the league innit. 

Totally missing the point  we have had a very easy run of games in first quarter  home to Them Hibs and Hearts with Aberdeen next at home let’s see where we are after second quarter if we are still top I will be amazed. 

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

In terms of realistically available European managers, I’d suggest the likes of Jon Dahl Tomasson, Sergiy Rebrov or Shevchenko.

He would be a good shout but he is on big oil money in the UAE now

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Heard Zidane and Conte love Ibrox on CL nights. :pipe:

Actually have no clue right now mate, you? 

I’m really not sure. JDT is actually a really interesting shout. Seems to be doing well as a manager and he’s been around big clubs a lot of his career.

I still think if he went to the right club, in the right circumstances, the. Frank de Boer could go somewhere and do a really good job. Don’t think I would want us to take that risk though.

I do think we will go British again when we do have to replace Gerrard, so I suppose it will be a case of seeing who’s available when that time comes. I quite like Scott Parker, but he would be well out of our reach financially.

I just hope Ross Wilson is succession planning now so we aren’t scrambling about when the time comes and entertaining every and any manager who throws there name into the hat.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He would be a good shout but he is on big oil money in the UAE now

I’d hope in that scenario he’d have the attitude of Caixinha and value the potential prestige of managing in the CL and at a big club rather than just the money, know what you mean though.

Hopefully in four months over there he’s already made enough to last a lifetime anyway :lol:

4 hours ago, MisterC said:

Even the greatest manager of them all once admitted only something like 40% of his signings were successful 

The Greatest Manager of them all wasn't up against Dundee Utd , Motherwell and Hearts.

He was operating at a different level.

11 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

The Greatest Manager of them all wasn't up against Dundee Utd , Motherwell and Hearts.

He was operating at a different level.

Even during the 9 in a row years there was a fairly high proportion of signings that didn't work out for one reason or another as I'm sure you'll see at all levels of football.