*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

LegendofCoop

2 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

If Kamara is suspended? Then Davis, I dont see Arfield starting , prefer Roofe to start instead , Scotty on the bench. 

Aye fucked it mate.

I was tempted with same team as Saturday as thought 1st half was the best we played.

Without Kamara, would think it will be Davis in with Lundstram which gives a bit of fear from earlier in the season but hopefully with JL upturn in form won’t be an issue.

Tbh fuck knows now, just win Rangers 🇬🇧

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

2nd all day long. Better revenue and coefficient points. For finishing second in the group we get 2 bonus points. Additional bonus point available for last 16 and QFs, bonus points only kick in at the SFs of ECL.

For making EL last 16 you get £1.7m, ECL last 16 is 900k. We would also have the full higher market share in EL knockouts as scum look like finishing 3rd.

Last 32 CL teams are not going to be superior to Lyon either. Club Brugge, Porto, Sporting, Sheriff, Zenit. Nobody in Group F is superior to Lyon either, could also be Benfica and Villarreal. 

Teams that obviously can beat us and would on current form, but hopefully by February we will have our act together!

There are dangerous sides in ECL that we could draw in the last 32 such as Spurs/Rennes or Feyenoord/Racist FC. Not to mention Napoli or Leicester could drop down there, PSV/Monaco or Sociedad as well.

Europa League last 16 will have more overall higher standard of sides, but there will be some sides in the last 16 of ECL that are superior than many in the EL last 16.

Thanks for this. So if we finish second and draw a CL team that counts as our last 32 tie in the EL? I always thought it was 2 extra games just to get into the last 32 of the EL

30 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Must win game if we want to progress

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic 

Lundstram Davis Aribo

Hagi Morelos Roofe

Hopefully we start taking our chances. 

I have stated on several occasions that for me personally I would never start both Hagi and Aribo,  one or other for me. Both have tremendous skill and undoubted ability but they are consistent with their inconsistency,  either can provide a moment of magic which can win a match, but I see them both as luxury players and would never start both together,  particularly in must win games which is almost every game we play.  If I was pushed I would start with Hagi particularly in Europe with the other available to come off the bench,  but it's a very tight call between the pair. 

37 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I have stated on several occasions that for me personally I would never start both Hagi and Aribo,  one or other for me. Both have tremendous skill and undoubted ability but they are consistent with their inconsistency,  either can provide a moment of magic which can win a match, but I see them both as luxury players and would never start both together,  particularly in must win games which is almost every game we play.  If I was pushed I would start with Hagi particularly in Europe with the other available to come off the bench,  but it's a very tight call between the pair. 

If one dropped out tomorrow, manager would drop hagi. 

Who would you put in instead if one drops out? 

57 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Hagi and Aribo both started against Hearts which was our best (first 70 odd mins) game of the season. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If one dropped out tomorrow, manager would drop hagi. 

Who would you put in instead if one drops out? 

With Kamara apparently suspended,  I agree it's more likely Hagi would drop out, as Aribo is more than capable of playing left midfield. 

Options without jack and Kamara are stretched,  my midfield 3 would be Lunstram  Davis and Aribo. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Hagi and Aribo both started against Hearts which was our best (first 70 odd mins) game of the season. 

It's all about opinions,  I dont disagree we played well for 70 minutes v Hearts , but I still say both of them flatter to deceive on far too many occasions,  their talents are not in question but too often either one or both dont live up to expectations,  and to have 2 players like that is too risky imo. But If both play tomorrow i will as always be behind them 100%

18 hours ago, superallysbears said:

I've no excitement for this game, in past season's you could feel the anticipation beforehand and generally the team never let us down.

So far this season in Europe it's been hard watch if we are honest, I'm hoping the team can go out and put a performance in for the fans to get behind them, and maybe get some confidence up because it's been lacking in the European games imo.

Always want to win every game, but the need to win the league this season again makes the EUROPA games less important for me as well.

Looking forward to the game but it is very much second in importance to Sunday in Paisley. 

Still all to play for even after our shocking start.   Quite simply we need to beat Brondby tomorrow and get at least a point in Denmark.  Lyon could wrap up qualification nice and early if they beat Sparta twice which they are more than capable of.  That sets us up for a proper Ibrox night against Sparta and a trip to Lyon to follow with Lyon hopefully playing the reserves.  

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

How did you deduce that from the interview?

Just a hunch, find it hard to believe that there's been no contact from the club, maybe in my head I've contract negotiations as long drawn out things with back and forth between the two parties. Just think it seems like he's putting it out there that he's available.