*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

LegendofCoop

Still unable to keep the momentum going. We came out flat in the second half. 

Overall, a good performance.

I thought Gerrard was overly critical of Morelos. He offered ten times more than Roofe did.

If Balogun is out for the weekend, we need tp play a youth player. Bassey is no CH.

People moaning about the 2nd half, absolutely fantastic game management, totally killed the game momentum dead and the game was played to our tune, bronby where miles out of it, 

Bout time we controlled a game till the final whistle

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

People moaning about the 2nd half, absolutely fantastic game management, totally killed the game momentum dead and the game was played to our tune, bronby where miles out of it, 

Bout time we controlled a game till the final whistle

You know it was good when @Jimbeamjunior is happy 😂

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Given what we’ve done so far in Europe, 3pts was paramount. Good first half but piss poor in second half. Our 2020 team would have taken 5 off them, they aren’t a good side at all. 

That team would be playing champions League 😂

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Another pish performance tbh, we need Kent back and firing 

I honestly don't remember the last time you praised our team mate. Aribo was excellent for one. 

Btw Kent runs hot and cold and is not the sole answer. A more concerted effort and group focus is. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Still unable to keep the momentum going. We came out flat in the second half. 

Overall, a good performance.

I thought Gerrard was overly critical of Morelos. He offered ten times more than Roofe did.

If Balogun is out for the weekend, we need tp play a youth player. Bassey is no CH.

Agree with all of that but the second half was down to game management I think more than anything else.

The things Morelos did that seemed to irritate Gerrard were a couple slack passes and slipping. Did a lot of good things tonight in linking up play at times and was better than Roofe.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I edited that two draws out because it was wrong. Sparta would go through on H2H.

Aye jusyt looked. I think Win Win does us or Draw Win (by 2 goals) does us if we want to qualify beforegoing to France. Obviously assuming Lyon can be arsed against Sparta at home and don't think qualification is done and dusted already. I remember we pumped Lyon in France 3-0. Beasley and Cousin scoring I think?

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

More goals are always a bonus. Someone, very soon is going to get a doing.

It was a stroll in the park for me. Very easy and comfortable win. Arguably closest to our most complete performance over 90 minutes. Lots of good performances. Clean sheet. Right back in this group.

Agree though, don't think Brondby are too great.

It sure was, and I know I sound fickle moaning, but the very fact it was so easy narks me that we only got two. Although, as someone else posted, we hit the post & bar and should have had a penalty. So it's not that bad on paper.....I'd just prefer to see us scoring more goals than we currently are!