*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

LegendofCoop

We were good tonight, that first half felt like last season. The triangles and pressing back to almost full tilt. 

Second half again felt like last season, controlled and composed bar the first 10 minutes but teams will always have spells and we dealt with it. 

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

That'll do a nice routine 2-0 win. Been waiting for one of those all season:lol:

Controlled the game for 95%, limited Brondby to very little and managed to get the crucial second to take the pressure off. A good good night.

Same again on Sunday please Rangers

Agree. As comfortable a win as we've had all season and its nice not to feel quite so frustrated watching us as I have been lately. Some decent performances. Frustrating about Balogun. We've had bad luck with injuries this season but good to see Arfield coming on at the end and a reminder of what he can offer. 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It’s like a wake on Sportsound 

Big Mark must be going round the bend sitting taking about Rangers with those fucking arseholes, according to them we beat a poor team tonight 🤦 the scum had the same scoreline against arguably a worse team and they are world beaters, Ricky Foster couldn't stomach even giving us any credit.

Plenty of positives to take. I wasn't expecting a perfect performance out of nowhere so pretty happy overall. 

The main thing for me is we are starting to play like last season (albeit in spells). The triangles, quick movement, quick counters, high press and hunting in packs. 

We were a bit slack defensively at times and could have been punished but luckily we weren't. I hate when we sit off as we always look shaky, we are good enough to stay on the front foot during those moments. 

Still can't understand how they haven't given the Aribo penalty. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

That's no a sitter for most players BTW if you've ever played at any level. 20211021_221035.thumb.jpg.5ca01c9d179f90f8bf7d20cfae5ee622.jpg

He’s 6 yards out with 75% of the goal free. He literally could’ve scored to the left or even headed it back across goal as the goalie was moving left. 

It is a sitter but at least he had a hand in the goal, was great otherwise, bullied them

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Big Mark must be going round the bend sitting taking about Rangers with those fucking arseholes, according to them we beat a poor team tonight 🤦 the scum had the same scoreline against arguably a worse team and they are world beaters, Ricky Foster couldn't stomach even giving us any credit.

Exactly, turned it on to hear their thoughts, English grudgingly said it was a good win, yet spunked himself on Tuesday.

Hopefully Balogun is alright, we need him badly for the return game. 

Barisic is a big concern for me also, he was woeful tonight both defensively and going forward. I’d like Bassey to get a couple of games as Borna must have a knock or something, but can’t do that if Leon’s out