*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

LegendofCoop

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s 6 yards out with 75% of the goal free. He literally could’ve scored to the left or even headed it back across goal as the goalie was moving left. 

It is a sitter but at least he had a hand in the goal, was great otherwise, bullied them

Too critical IMO mate. I'll put the picture in to this post below so you can see what I'm on about. Look how he's looping low and stretching to try and get some sort of contact on the ball. Headers are really difficult to direct so credit where it's due. Obviously that's a still but in motion he headed it to the centre of goals and the keeper made a decent save TBF.

If that is classed as a sitter then it doesn't make the top 100 of sitters Morelos has missed with us.

20211021_221035.thumb.jpg.5ca01c9d179f90f8bf7d20cfae5ee622.jpg

34 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Managed the game, done what we needed 1st half and never in doubt 2nd

Thought Aribo had a great game, looked strong, controlled and showed why he's a quality player 

When he toughens up and adds consistency he's out top pick imo.

Carries the team like no one else can.

21 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Hopefully Balogun is alright, we need him badly for the return game. 

Barisic is a big concern for me also, he was woeful tonight both defensively and going forward. I’d like Bassey to get a couple of games as Borna must have a knock or something, but can’t do that if Leon’s out

Another shocker by Borna

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate read my reply just above.

I'll agree the keeper made a great save bud, but from that distance wee Alfredo has to be bursting the net.

Can just imagine big Hateley missing that  from 6 yards :lol:

Just to be clear.....that is an absolute sitter.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

They are Scum. They will do that at most grounds... But luckily it didnt kick of properly. They do that all around Denmark. Football Violence is ripe in Denmark. People make fund of me, but I actually know the culture. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They are Scum. They will do that at most grounds... But luckily it didnt kick of properly. They do that all around Denmark. Football Violence is ripe in Denmark. People make fund of me, but I actually know the culture. 

Funnily enough I go to uni with a guy from Denmark and he was saying that their fans are notorious for being bastards and fighting, thought he was taking the piss but obviously not. 

11 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. They missed a couple of good chances as did we. Thought we played well in the first half and slow out the blocks in the second half. Aribo was outstanding in the first half and I thought Tav played better tonight. Anyway well done the Champions 

Tavs was far better than he has been recently. Chased every ball and actually ran into the middle of the park and mixed it up for a change. Hope he uses this as a springboard to get to where he was last season.

Aribo was outstanding as you say. Won't go into it further. His performance speaks for itself. 

6 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

I'll agree the keeper made a great save bud, but from that distance wee Alfredo has to be bursting the net.

Can just imagine big Hateley missing that  from 6 yards :lol:

Just to be clear.....that is an absolute sitter.

Don't agree because I'm brutal at directing a header but decent with my feet. Hateley would have hit the ball in the same direction but would have taken ball and keeper over the line and scored. Different animal 😂 so incomparable unless we want Jon Daly up front again instead of Morelos.

Heading has never been Alfie's strong point so I'm struggling to criticise him for getting a header on target where the keeper makes a save and we ultimately score. Head position in the picture shows that wasn't exactly easy either. I Maintain it doesn't even make the top 100 of Alfie sitters.

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't agree because I'm brutal at directing a header but decent with my feet. Hateley would have hit the ball in the same direction but would have taken ball and keeper over the line and scored. Different animal 😂 so incomparable unless we want Jon Daly up front again instead of Morelos.

Heading has never been Alfie's strong point so I'm struggling to criticise him for getting a header on target where the keeper makes a save and we ultimately score. Head position in the picture shows that wasn't exactly easy either. I Maintain it doesn't even make the top 100 of Alfie sitters.

Have you got a picture of the header by any chance mate?

Great win but Jesus Christ we need to sharpen up at the back. They were dreadful yet we gifted them three decent chances and we were lucky the guy up front was barking. 

Aribo and Hagi I thought were brilliant tonight. I think both a very good quality European style players.

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Is there a reason why Arfield hasn’t been playing? Thought he was great when he came on

Think his timing back from injury was unfortunate as it was toward the end of the season and has struggled to get a place since.

Tbh, I think he still has a part to play at us and needs a run of games to get back to real match sharpness, but who does he replace and how long does he get to prove he can still cut it for us? Those are the key questions imo

10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Mate people were making fun before the game for a number of reasons which were all sparked off from a ridiculous picture of 4 guys with blue and yellow stripey balaclavas. You do know the culture but the names of the biker gangs are still funny. Absolutely not making fun of you personally and most of us would shite it at grenades and bazookas if it came to it. That can't be normal though?

13 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Funnily enough I go to uni with a guy from Denmark and he was saying that their fans are notorious for being bastards and fighting, thought he was taking the piss but obviously not. 

They are difinite Scum... my "local" team is FCK which have even worse fans.. Users on this board took the piss out of me, but I know for a fact that we (our fans) need to stick together in Copenhagen.. their hooligans will definitely hit.