*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

Great result, reasonable performance tonight. Still think we were a bit too safety first with the backwards and sideways passing. 

Thought Tav and Aribo were the stars of the show, Balogun and Goldson played well defensively also 

Thought Hagi had a decent game but probably just bias because I had some clown behind me high pitch squealing in my ear non stop about how shite he is from kick off until he got subbed 

Only criticism of Aribo would be that like most of our team (excluding Balogun for some reason) he doesn’t want to drive into space quickly at all. Beats a man then it’s like he just wants to come to a standstill rather than get at the next man or carry the ball forward 

Barisic was rotten again, very lucky he didn’t score a Brondby assist for 2-1 and I was still disappointed with Morelos he’s mixing some good play in with far too many really basic errors that are breaking down attacks 

Worst thing about the game was their fans, proper weirdos 

Something in my family came up so couldn't watch the game live unfortunately but did just finish watching a replay of it.

Very happy overall with the performance by the fellas and a  much needed 3 points. I thought we controlled the tempo and were the superior team the whole night and easily could have had one or two more. At first glance Roofe looked offside to me but I think the right call in overturning it and giving us the goal. Aribo was fantastic my MotM and I would say overall everyone else played solid enough.

Only criticism I would put forth is that I do think we need to be a bit more ruthless at times but overall can't really complain too much; a hard fought team victory and a 3 massive points in the group; that's all you can ask for.

28 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Something in my family came up so couldn't watch the game live unfortunately but did just finish watching a replay of it.

Very happy overall with the performance by the fellas and a  much needed 3 points. I thought we controlled the tempo and were the superior team the whole night and easily could have had one or two more. At first glance Roofe looked offside to me but I think the right call in overturning it and giving us the goal. Aribo was fantastic my MotM and I would say overall everyone else played solid enough.

Only criticism I would put forth is that I do think we need to be a bit more ruthless at times but overall can't really complain too much; a hard fought team victory and a 3 massive points in the group; that's all you can ask for.

What do you mean you think?? It was 100% the right decision it went to var. 

I agree we need to be more ruthless and also lack that player with a bit of excitement that gets the fans on the edge of our seats. 

Worst thing about tonight was how cold it was and nothing to cheer 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Aribo was brilliant last night, as was Hagi. Thought Roofe was a passenger apart from the goal. 

Seriously did not see how Tav is getting praise, his defending in the first half was abysmal against a very poor team. So many gaps down his side, even when he wasn't not attacking and they hit on the break. Improved a bit second half 

Thought he was honking. Body language all wrong, Goldson having to come and cover for his as he didn’t put a tackle in all game. Felt like something wasn’t right with him. 

36 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Best performance of the season , though I still think we can go further.  

Created a good few chances for a change and I think that'll improve even further once Kent is back . Still a bit sloppy at the back which is a concern . 

We’re missing the best CB in the league, best CM in the league and best winger in the league through injury, and still doing alright. 

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’re missing the best CB in the league, best CM in the league and best winger in the league through injury, and still doing alright. 

Kamara was suspended not injured...

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I know when the piss is taken out of me. Never underestimate a cunt just because of his colours, but. All Im, doing is passing on knowledge. Cunds being wide is not helpfull, as a lot of Bears will go over for the return leg. They are NOT t be fucked with. I am being serious!

Not doubting you mate but we've heard this going to Moscow, Warsaw and Rotterdam over the last few years. 

Our away support will be absolutely fine.

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Barisic was fucking awful last night. He didn't seem to want to go forward and Gerrard was giving him a lengthy chat after the game. 

He tried to skin their right back early on, failed then settled for the easy option for the rest of the game.

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I know when the piss is taken out of me. Never underestimate a cunt just because of his colours, but. All Im, doing is passing on knowledge. Cunds being wide is not helpfull, as a lot of Bears will go over for the return leg. They are NOT t be fucked with. I am being serious!

About 40 guys went to Prague and left their ultras looking stupid the other week.

The rangers away European support don't take many second prizes. They looked like a bunch of poofs last night trying to attack at half time, well I say trying to attack. They done 2 shuffles in then seen the police then ran back.

Rotterdam, Moscow, Vienna, Warsaw, Osijek. All much worse and Rangers fans came back absolutely fine. 

We will be fine 

9 hours ago, johanhentze said:

That is basically right, but.. we have a huge "underclass" in the big cities. Copenhagen, Malmø etc... there is a huge mafia running the show... Bikers.. you cunts watch it on netflix (Sons of Anarchy) but in real life... Hells Angels etc... these cunts are killers, bombers..you know. Do NOT, make fun of any of this.

Was there not running gun fights in the streets at One point a few years ago between the Hell's Angels and the Outlaws?

These cunts don't care how far things escalate. 

17 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Not doubting you mate but we've heard this going to Moscow, Warsaw and Rotterdam over the last few years. 

Our away support will be absolutely fine.

I was in Warsaw & Rotterdam and never felt in any way threatened at any time. I especially enjoyed Rotterdam (result excepted of course, fuck you Hugedonkey) where not only did the Dutch Polis have things nailed down, had us safely housed in our own wee bit, but also by and large treated us decently.

As long as the travelling Bears stay together, do not do anything stupid then, as you said they will be absolutely fine as 99% of Brondy fans will just be ordinary punters wanting nothing more than to support their team.

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Aribo was brilliant last night, as was Hagi. Thought Roofe was a passenger apart from the goal. 

Seriously did not see how Tav is getting praise, his defending in the first half was abysmal against a very poor team. So many gaps down his side, even when he wasn't not attacking and they hit on the break. Improved a bit second half 

Aye I’m a bit confused by the praise of Tav thought he was poor, especially in the first half, there was one move from a quick free kick that a boy got to the byline down his side and he was nowhere to be seen and Goldson had to come out and cover. No room for sentiment , Patterson would be first choice if it was up to me. 

dummiesoot likes this

I thought Morelos had a very good game. Hold up and linking play was excellent. 
I think the backroom team have been working on his attitude which I think has had an overall negative effect on his game. 

I’d rather have him a mad wee bastard scoring goals than a calmer link up player missing the odd sitter or two. 

geez our old Alfie back Stevie. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Alright is as first I'd go right now , I think we've missed a great opportunity to getso.e really distance between us and them . 

Having said that , last night , and 60 minutes or so against Hearts , has been a big improvement from previous performances.  

graeme_4 likes this

Aribo was excellent, seemed to win every ball, holds onto the ball very well too, his cross sets up the 2nd and should have had a penalty, when the time comes he is a player we could potentially get big money for, only 25 and being English could be seen as a good addition for the English teams in europe.

Bad Robot likes this

For me the second goal was the case against VAR. In the split second timing of a match and to a well positioned linesman they're level and it's a goal. Cases like that are not what VAR is for.

That VAR wasn't consulted for the penalty claim is a mystery and an embarrassment.