*****The Official Champions v's Brondby Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Wouldn't imagine any player likes getting subbed,  and I wasn't the only one who thought he tired, a point made by Gerrard in his interview 

Not sure so much that he tired, it looked to me that he just wasn't as influential in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half (more down to the whole team performance at the start of the 2nd half) as the 2nd half wore on Aribo was still heavily involved in most of our play but to suggest he could replicate the same amount of running he did in the first half was probably a stretch 

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf to him, he was playing left of midfield 3 and didn’t look entirely comfortable there.

I've criticised him a lot on here but its fair to say he is being shoehorned into something he isn't. His best performances have come when he has a lot more freedom to pick the ball up and drive.

He spent a good deal of last night effectively playing left back, it's madness. 

STEPPS BOY likes this

57 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What I was explaining was that next seasons automatic qualification is only automatic if the overall winner qualifies for the champions league through the league....a similar scenario to when Liverpool won the champions league in 2005 would scupper it....apparently 

Ah I see. 

17 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Not sure so much that he tired, it looked to me that he just wasn't as influential in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half (more down to the whole team performance at the start of the 2nd half) as the 2nd half wore on Aribo was still heavily involved in most of our play but to suggest he could replicate the same amount of running he did in the first half was probably a stretch 

I thought he did and Gerrard seconded my opinion - that'll do for me 

Laudrup1690 likes this

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Ah I see. 

I've tried looking this up and I can't see how such a scenario effects automatic qualification, it clearly states that no nation can have more than 4 entries....in the event of a 5th place team winning it then the 4th placed team misses out....fuck knows mate only going with what I read earlier today 

King Jela likes this

49 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've criticised him a lot on here but its fair to say he is being shoehorned into something he isn't. His best performances have come when he has a lot more freedom to pick the ball up and drive.

He spent a good deal of last night effectively playing left back, it's madness. 

I agree with your comment a few days back.

I’d try him as the box to box midfielder.

3 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s allright mate . We don’t go to Europe to start a fight with the local organised crime groups and drug lords :lol: I doubt they are going to be interested in a group of pissed up football fans either apart from when they are punting 

They actually sell drugs in the grounds :lol: 

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Carbombs, grenades and bazookas as well. They blew up buildings.

Yep, a different level of mental bastards on bikes in parts of Europe. I was coming back from a trip on the bike and got talking to a Hells Angel from Belgium. He reckoned the Swedes were the maddest of them all!

He’d just been released after armed police, using stun grenades, attack dogs, etc raided their clubhouse.

They were all banged up on various charges from murder, assault, extortion, drug dealing, pimping, etc.

A few of them were released mid sentence if they signed documents saying they’d never be involved in biker gangs again in Belgium - he was on his way to the Blue Angels club house in Ayrshire to join them 😳

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

Yep, a different level of mental bastards on bikes in parts of Europe. I was coming back from a trip on the bike and got talking to a Hells Angel from Belgium. He reckoned the Swedes were the maddest of them all!

He’d just been released after armed police, using stun grenades, attack dogs, etc raided their clubhouse.

They were all banged up on various charges from murder, assault, extortion, drug dealing, pimping, etc.

A few of them were released mid sentence if they signed documents saying they’d never be involved in biker gangs again in Belgium - he was on his way to the Blue Angels club house in Ayrshire to join them 😳

They are indeed mental.

11 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Aribo was brilliant last night, as was Hagi. Thought Roofe was a passenger apart from the goal. 

Seriously did not see how Tav is getting praise, his defending in the first half was abysmal against a very poor team. So many gaps down his side, even when he wasn't not attacking and they hit on the break. Improved a bit second half 

I thought Tav played well but his panic when Hagi put him clear through in the box cannot be overlooked.

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I've tried looking this up and I can't see how such a scenario effects automatic qualification, it clearly states that no nation can have more than 4 entries....in the event of a 5th place team winning it then the 4th placed team misses out....fuck knows mate only going with what I read earlier today 

The clubs who can realistically win the Champions League are Bayern, Manchester City, Chelsea, PSG.  None of them are going to fail to qualify for next year’s Champions League.

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Does this effect the league winners automatic group stage place for winning the league this season? Or was that a myth? 

If Scotland are 9th or even 10th at the end of this season Scotland has an automatic qualifier in 2023-24 full stop. For 2022-23 Scotland is 11th.