How Much Is Gerrard Worth?

BlueSuedeSambas

He’s been talked about as a potential candidate for the Newcastle job and the chances are that even if he isn’t approached this time around he’s going to continue to be linked with jobs in England.

This Summer we seen Bayern pay a record fee for a manager when they forked out over 20 million for Julien Nagelsmann, so it looks like the cost of managers seems to be starting to increase and become big business in itself.

In the past couple of years we have also seen celtic get a reported 9 million for Brendan Rodgers and his backroom team, and interestingly, Sporting Lisbon paid 8 million to get Ruben Amiriom after only a few months of him being in charge at Braga, and only a couple of weeks removed from getting knocked out the Europa League by us too might I add.:pipe:

So if a club comes calling for him, how much compensation do you realistically think we should expect to receive or ask clubs to cough up if they want him?

To be honest, if they want him, we should chance our arm.

If they are now basically the richest club in the world, then we should be expecting to pay a record fee for the manger they want.

A still think a manager is more important than any player, so im surprised that it has not been more common place for managers to start costing more.

If they identify Gerrard as the man they want, then 25m and they can talk to him. 25m outlay in the EPL is like a promising youngster from the championship. For the richest club in the world, it should be nothing if this is to get the guy they want leading them.

Would be an incredible income for us, and im pretty sure that we could find a good replacement willing to take over with our squad in the shape it is in.

he would go with my best wishes, and the money we received would certainly go someway to dulling the pain of him leaving.

It's no surprise that the cost of managers is going up a good one can save you ten times the figures quoted by the OP in a single transfer window and a bad one can cost you that and more, especially given the sums involved for premiership players.

Really surprised that Simione from athletico is no on the list, I think he said he would quite like a go at the English premiership a few seasons ago

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol:

Im not saying he is worth that, but if they are the richest club in the world and they have identified him as they one they want, then fuck it.

25m is chicken feed to them, to us it is massive.

I think if they have identified him as the one they want, then i cant see them being put off going for him is he is going to cost them the equivalent of what Dominic Solanke moves for.

If he did go, would Frank Lampard be a realistic replacement? Championship Play off final in his first season and then top 4 finish in his first PL season with 0 signings allowed.

I think I’d rather keep Gerrard tho unless Newcastle offer us 30m or something lol

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was reported as 6 for Rodgers and then 9 for him and his backroom team. That was by more than one journalist in the English press too so I would be more inclined to believe it than I would be if it was reported by Keith Jackson.

Not laughing at your post... 

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im not saying he is worth that, but if they are the richest club in the world and they have identified him as they one they want, then fuck it.

25m is chicken feed to them, to us it is massive.

I think if they have identified him as the one they want, then i cant see them being put off going for him is he is going to cost them the equivalent of what Dominic Solanke moves for.

I wouldn't double down on this one mate, back out now while you can :lol:

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

The entire backroom team with the possible exception of Beale would go with him. If it was, £9m for Rodgers n co then it's easily over £10m for Gerrard n co except Beale and over £15m if Beale goes too.

I'll say the unstaunch thing, but what possible reasoning do you have which has made you come to that conclusion

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Of a justification as to why you think if Brendan Rodgers was worth £6m in compensation that our first team coach (Michael Beale) is worth almost the same by himself

They would be taking our next potential manager away with them. Rate him higher than any other staff member at the club. If they want Beale too, then pay up.

Just now, esquire8 said:

They would be taking our next potential manager away with them. Rate him higher than any other staff member at the club. If they want Beale too, then pay up.

Okay forget Michael Beale, do you honestly think that Gerrard is worth almost twice as much money than Brendon Rodgers was?

I love Gerrard but his CV is miles off Rodgers' when he left them. 

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Okay forget Michael Beale, do you honestly think that Gerrard is worth almost twice as much money than Brendon Rodgers was?

I love Gerrard but his CV is miles off Rodgers' when he left them. 

I think Gerrards backroom staff are much better than Rodgers.

I think Gerrard has done more than Rodgers done at his stage in his career.

He has the potential to be a far better manager than Rodgers.

I'm not saying almost twice as much if Beale isn't included.

I'd be really surprised if Newcastle did come in for Gerrard. 

Took a look at the betting odds and it's Paulo Fonseca, Eddie Howe and Lucien Favre as favorites. 

If they do come in should be looking for a fair bit of compensation. Clubs are going to be taking the piss when Newcastle come in looking for players we should follow suit. 

59 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, if they want him, we should chance our arm.

If they are now basically the richest club in the world, then we should be expecting to pay a record fee for the manger they want.

A still think a manager is more important than any player, so im surprised that it has not been more common place for managers to start costing more.

If they identify Gerrard as the man they want, then 25m and they can talk to him. 25m outlay in the EPL is like a promising youngster from the championship. For the richest club in the world, it should be nothing if this is to get the guy they want leading them.

Would be an incredible income for us, and im pretty sure that we could find a good replacement willing to take over with our squad in the shape it is in.

he would go with my best wishes, and the money we received would certainly go someway to dulling the pain of him leaving.

Its very, very different to a player though. Gerrard could easily just resign and we get fuck all.