How Much Is Gerrard Worth?

BlueSuedeSambas

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What about the other staff? I dont know how much  Chelsea paid to get them. They paid between 3-4m for Lampard though.

Same with the 8.8m Leicester paid? What? 8.8m was a 'p in the £' price for a year of their salary? So lets say it was 50p in the £, do you expect me to believe that celtic were paying Rodgers and his staff close to 18m a year???

I would bet that that 8.8m was either the entire remaining amount in their contract, or even above this.

You are in cloud cuckoo land mate.

You may of course be misusing the term 'p in the £' in some form of way to indicate that it is not intended to represent something way below the listed value. If so, you have made an even bigger mess of your argument than I thought.

You've repeatedly misattributed quotes and suggestions to me throughout the thread. :lol:

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You've repeatedly misattributed quotes and suggestions to me throughout the thread. :lol:

Be honest with yourself here. You said:

Gerrard could easily just resign and we get fuck all.

There’s no misattribution there. You’ve just made an arse of it. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So which bit of that is wrong?

Because you are stating he could just resign and we would get nothing, which flies in the face of just about every other big managerial deal in modern UK football.

It is far more likely we would get a compensation fee for him and that he does not just have the option to resign and move for free.

39 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Because you are stating he could just resign and we would get nothing, which flies in the face of just about every other big managerial deal in modern UK football.

It is far more likely we would get a compensation fee for him and that he does not just have the option to resign and move for free.

You are both right and wrong, it all depends on his contract, it might state after x amount of years here, if an epl team comes for him then we let him go with our good wishes, we havent a clue what his contract says

I can't see the Newcastle billionaires going for an unproven Gerrard. Abramovich took a risk with Ranieri I think who bombed before he got it right with Mourinho. Man City wrongly stuck with Hughes but went straight for the big hitter in Mancini after sacking Hughes.

Conte seems the obvious choice to me. Not even in a job?

35 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

I can't see the Newcastle billionaires going for an unproven Gerrard. Abramovich took a risk with Ranieri I think who bombed before he got it right with Mourinho. Man City wrongly stuck with Hughes but went straight for the big hitter in Mancini after sacking Hughes.

Conte seems the obvious choice to me. Not even in a job?

Ranieri didn't bomb at Chelsea he actually did really well in his last season. They finished second to the Arsenal Invincibles team.

22 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Ranieri didn't bomb at Chelsea he actually did really well in his last season. They finished second to the Arsenal Invincibles team.

He was there four years and won nothing. I am surprised he lasted that long.

On 21/10/2021 at 10:30, The Dude said:

So which bit of that is wrong?

He is under contract for three more years. He could resign, but whether he likes it or not, Rangers and Rangers alone are entitled to his exclusive services for three more years. No different than a player. You think Harry Kane would still be at Spurs if he could just resign from Spurs?

On 21/10/2021 at 11:30, Jimbeamjunior said:

You are both right and wrong, it all depends on his contract, it might state after x amount of years here, if an epl team comes for him then we let him go with our good wishes, we havent a clue what his contract says

More likely there’s a handshake understanding that if Liverpool comes for Gerrard we will let him go (for compensation). Any other EPL team I really doubt it.

6 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

He is under contract for three more years. He could resign, but whether he likes it or not, Rangers and Rangers alone are entitled to his exclusive services for three more years. No different than a player. You think Harry Kane would still be at Spurs if he could just resign from Spurs?

Managers don't require registration in the same way players do. 

Can you name many players who have resigned from their contract because there are thousands of examples of managers who have.