How Much Is Gerrard Worth?

BlueSuedeSambas

If history is anything to go by his value will be better by the end of the year. In the league Gerrard's record in November and December is 23 wins in 28 which is about 82% and as good as you can get. 4 of those 5 non wins came in his first season. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sky saying that Kasper Hjulmand is under consideration.

Personally if Villa come calling I think he will seriously consider it. Interest for them is likely to be a lot more concrete than the Newcastle links ever were.

It’s a risk for Gerrard if he does go. He won’t have European football and if it goes tits up there goes his chances of ever becoming Liverpool boss gone.

If he stays here and wins 2,3,4 in a row gets some cups won, get into champions league and prove himself then if the Liverpool job became available he’s in a better position than failing at Villa.

Saying that if he does a great job at a lesser EPL club then that will undoubtedly do him more favours than winning Scottish Premiership titles.

I’m not sure he’d want to manage against Liverpool and I could be wrong but I think I’ve heard him say that before. He certainly said he’d never want to play against Liverpool before ge retired. 

I also think the Newcastle project would have been way more appealing than the Villa job anyway. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Why not? Relatively strong squad full of young, mainly British/Irish players, would get strong financial backing and be well paid too, closer to Liverpool and his family. 

People keeping saying he wants the Liverpool job but there is no guarantee he walks into that job just because he’s a Liverpool legend. That job is one of the biggest jobs in world football and he’s completely unproven at the top, top level.

He’s probably going to need to take a job on in a higher profile league before he gets the Liverpool job and unless he’s willing to go abroad it will be in England and outwith a top six club, Villa is just about as big a job as he could hope to get.

Big club, plenty history too.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Why not? Relatively strong squad full of young, mainly British/Irish players, would get strong financial backing and be well paid too, closer to Liverpool and his family. 

People keeping saying he wants the Liverpool job but there is no guarantee he walks into that job just because he’s a Liverpool legend. That job is one of the biggest jobs in world football and he’s completely unproven at the top, top level.

He’s probably going to need to take a job on in a higher profile league before he gets the Liverpool job and unless he’s willing to go abroad it will be in England and outwith a top six club, Villa is just about as big a job as he could hope to get.

If Villa wanted him he'd be off. 

He'd be mad not to financially and for his profile. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Rodgers & SG are two very different kind of persons. 

Footballers and managers will always do what's best for them, their ambitions and finances. 

The whole romantic notion of loyalty and a journey is utter nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Remember when celtic fans thought Rodgers wasn’t going anywhere until they won ten in a row and then he jumped at the first sniff of a decent Premier League job...

I get what you're saying but it is different, Rodgers end game was a decent EPL job which Leicester was, Gerrard's endgame is Liverpool. If he goes to Villa and doesn't do well he is never getting the Liverpool job.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I get what you're saying but it is different, Rodgers end game was a decent EPL job which Leicester was, Gerrard's endgame is Liverpool. If he goes to Villa and doesn't do well he is never getting the Liverpool job.

But is doing well with us enough on it’s own to get the Liverpool job?

Expectation wise the demands are the same but it’s a huge jump going from managing against Ross County and Brondby to managing against Man City and Bayern.