*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

39 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

I thought we were piss poor today every second ball fell to the opposition with hardly any follow up in retrieval .

Great goal though it was the idiotic head tennis lead to that loose ball Lundstram was so easily eased off from getting a firm foot on it he should have done better but that's the garbage level we have been starting from in a lot of games and or losing goals to later on in the game.

Far too many loose balls like that today on the back of poor possession from Rangers despite the chances from corners I couldn't see a route back in it for us .

I thought the penalty was generous which changed the game for us .

Great second goal from Alfredo and three points in the bag but the management team need to address this slide in needless giving away of possession between Hibs ,Hearts and St Midden domestically it's been a real Jekyl and Hyde set of performances .

iu.gif

Good result but questions need asked regarding the performance in the first 40 minutes even in the second half we were coasting in the second half as well. Good couple of minutes when everything clicked but the rest of the game was turgid shite.

Even though we weren't great in the second half I felt that we were in control UNTIL we brought Sakala on.

Don't want to slate players, and I'm in not really slating him tbh, but in times when we're trying to manage the game he is not the player we need. Can't hold the ball, can't keep the ball. Would rather we kept Itten for those moments. 

Every time we bring him on we insist on playing him with Roofe who then has to come deep when his best work is in and around the box!

1 hour ago, goaaaal said:

I thought we were piss poor today every second ball fell to the opposition with hardly any follow up in retrieval .

Great goal though it was the idiotic head tennis lead to that loose ball Lundstram was so easily eased off from getting a firm foot on it he should have done better but that's the garbage level we have been starting from in a lot of games and or losing goals to later on in the game.

Far too many loose balls like that today on the back of poor possession from Rangers despite the chances from corners I couldn't see a route back in it for us .

I thought the penalty was generous which changed the game for us .

Great second goal from Alfredo and three points in the bag but the management team need to address this slide in needless giving away of possession between Hibs ,Hearts and St Midden domestically it's been a real Jekyl and Hyde set of performances .

In what fucking world was the penalty ‘generous’? Get the fuck out of here :lol: it’s as stone wall as you’ll ever see. 

12 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Concerned about Stevie's interview in Sky saying it looked like 3rd wasn't coming because we were trying to score and effectively gave that up to see the game out. We are not exactly solid at the back this year, I think it has been proven that seeing the game out is not working very well so far this season

Said that in the last 15/20 mins of the Hearts game. We offered less and less going forward and it seemed ridiculous considering how pish and unreliable we are at the back 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Even though we weren't great in the second half I felt that we were in control UNTIL we brought Sakala on.

Don't want to slate players, and I'm in not really slating him tbh, but in times when we're trying to manage the game he is not the player we need. Can't hold the ball, can't keep the ball. Would rather we kept Itten for those moments. 

Every time we bring him on we insist on playing him with Roofe who then has to come deep when his best work is in and around the box!

Sakala is ridiculously bad.

Zero football brain at all.

Didn't he try to claim he turned down the EPL to come to us? He'd be lucky to play in league 1 or 2

40 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Concerned about Stevie's interview in Sky saying it looked like 3rd wasn't coming because we were trying to score and effectively gave that up to see the game out. We are not exactly solid at the back this year, I think it has been proven that seeing the game out is not working very well so far this season

We need a better finisher to partner Roofe and more goals from Midfield.

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Well mate, how’re you and your mongo mates getting on now 

I (and we) still think he’s guff.

At least he managed to get the ball in the net from 3 yards, which is an improvement on recent form. 

Other than the goal his general started of as abysmal and improved slightly.

Morelos fans will  no doubt have a wankfest because he managed to pass to a Rangers player a few times…

think he managed a whole 4 passes to a team mate in the first half (and yes, I was counting).

Daft count also decided to jump in amongst the fans so hopefully he hasn’t picked up a wee virus that’s apparently been doing the rounds. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Who said I was raging?

Glad he scored.

That’s what he gets paid for.

He’s still pretty shit.

:lol:

Scored 100 goals for us and our top goal scorer in Europe, but aye, he’s pretty shit :lol:

What a nightmare you’re having 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Think we all accept Morelos could be doing better but there’s fans that actually hate him. Fucking embarrassments 

I get people being pissed off when players aren’t playing well but to actively call players ‘cunts’ I really don’t get.

Each to their own but fuck me some people are never happy.