*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Absolutely no way, sakala is honking as well, morelos is in poor form but sakala is brutal, 

I've not seen enough of Sakala to form that opinion at this point in time. Granted he has no composure and lashes at the ball, something that needs drummed out of him. 

He's never going to get any sort of consistency making cameo appearances. It's a difficult one though, as I always like to see Morelos in the team, but his finishing has been poor also thus far. So fuck knows! 

Just now, southcoastbear said:

Ideally we are 3 goals ahead by the hour mark and we can comfortably rest some for Wednesday has surely got to be the aim.

Ideally is all very well. They'll sit with a low block, and how many games have we actually scored 3 goals in this season. Hope to fuck we can, or at least not go into the last 15 mins with only a one goal advantage. 

We need to start finishing teams off, so hope you are right. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Sakala is far from the finished product but his speed alone makes him effective and far from shite.

Had the keeper not pulled off a decent save the other night people would be singing a different tune. Fickle bunch.

It was a cracking save from the keeper mate. Convinced that Sakala will come in to fashion. 😉

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Absolutely no way, sakala is honking as well, morelos is in poor form but sakala is brutal, 

Just feel he deserves a chance from the start as Morelos is not at his best just now and for me he doesn’t merit a start from his performances over the last few weeks 

50 minutes ago, Bearsinblue said:

Would like Sakala  to get a start and bring Morelos on later on. 3-0 to the gers 🔴🔵

Sakala no use up against defence thats sitting deep, Morelos bullies a tight defence, drops deep links up play, Sakala better for using on the break. 

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hoping for a convincing win

expecting a shite Dundee Utd, Dundee ,st Johnstone away performance

Not so sure, I think we may well turn up tomorrow. Hopefully Aribo keeps his form up and any one (or two) of our fwds that starts can find form. 

Defence might be a worry if Balogun doesn't make it, but don't expect them to be too threatening. Hopefully. 

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sakala is far from the finished product but his speed alone makes him effective and far from shite.

Had the keeper not pulled off a decent save the other night people would be singing a different tune. Fickle bunch.

Speed is pointless playing against a back 4 who sit on their 18 yard box or deeper, he needs to be clinical and have intelligent movement, he has shown neither so far

He's literally on par with itten, difference is itten would at least know our system and players at this stage

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Speed is pointless playing against a back 4 who sit on their 18 yard box or deeper, he needs to be clinical and have intelligent movement, he has shown neither so far

He's literally on par with itten, difference is itten would at least know our system and players at this stage

I wouldn't start him tomorrow either but he being undervalued on here.

7 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Sakala no use up against defence thats sitting deep, Morelos bullies a tight defence, drops deep links up play, Sakala better for using on the break. 

Yeah I would agree with that about Morelos but with his recent performances he should give Sakala a chance to show what he can do . I think with his pace he’s a threat to no matter who the opposition are and he will get played in behind at some point even if St Mirren do sit a bit deeper.