*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

Bronzy

Great spirit and fight shown today. It’s all well and good to say 3 points is all that matters but if we keep playing like this we will drop more points.

First half Davis, Lundstrum and Aribo were all within 5 yards of each other picking up the ball on the centre circle. And our two “wingers” were about 5 yards ahead of them. No width, pace, movement or shape to our play. At least Kent coming back will help with that. 

the three centre mids clearly isn’t working. And we’re struggling to get the ball to Tav or Barisic in good forward positions. 

Liked tav getting into the box, winning the header and forcing the keeper into a save in 2nd half. Some say last season a one off for him in terms of forward contributions but why does it need to be? Him getting forward was so effective especially early last season in league and Europe. Hasn't felt the same from him since the injury 2nd half last season. That was more like it. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

If he was 18 I’d cut him some slack, but he is 24.

I really can’t see why we chased him. I think the likes of Jordan Jones gave us more than him.

I really hope I’m wrong but I have the feeling he’ll be one of these players we all want to come good, then he’ll leave.

We also chased Umar Sadiq.

Gaffer has some rotten taste in strikers.  

59 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Hard fought 3 points today. Not the greatest performance again but it's always nice to see that bitter bastard Jim Goodwin fuming along with his talentless greeting players.

It's like he's going for a complete Republic of Ireland eleven.

14 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Think we need to freshen up in January with quality if possible 

Agreed.  I've gone from full of confidence in every game to having the fear we are going to drop points.  We arent going to win every game but we should be beating the likes of dundee united, motherwell and hearts. The draws are sorer for me as we were largely dominant in those games. As it is we have made it much tighter than it should be.  Early days of course but it still pisses me off we didnt win those games and we should really be 11 points clear.  The ripple effect on them could of been massive but as it is we have given them hope. 

The big picture/winning the league this season has to be forefront of the boards mind considering the champions league money at stake so some outlay on first team quality could pay massive dividence. Unless we hit some good form very quickly (granted we are beginning to look better) it's looking like we need to spend or source real starting quality to feshen up the team and get us over the line.  Not sure the budget will allow it though 

I thought we were piss poor today every second ball fell to the opposition with hardly any follow up in retrieval .

Great goal though it was the idiotic head tennis lead to that loose ball Lundstram was so easily eased off from getting a firm foot on it he should have done better but that's the garbage level we have been starting from in a lot of games and or losing goals to later on in the game.

Far too many loose balls like that today on the back of poor possession from Rangers despite the chances from corners I couldn't see a route back in it for us .

I thought the penalty was generous which changed the game for us .

Great second goal from Alfredo and three points in the bag but the management team need to address this slide in needless giving away of possession between Hibs ,Hearts and St Midden domestically it's been a real Jekyl and Hyde set of performances .

7 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

I thought we were piss poor today every second ball fell to the opposition with hardly any follow up in retrieval .

Great goal though it was the idiotic head tennis lead to that loose ball Lundstram was so easily eased off from getting a firm foot on it he should have done better but that's the garbage level we have been starting from in a lot of games and or losing goals to later on in the game.

Far too many loose balls like that today on the back of poor possession from Rangers despite the chances from corners I couldn't see a route back in it for us .

I thought the penalty was generous which changed the game for us .

Great second goal from Alfredo and three points in the bag but the management team need to address this slide in needless giving away of possession between Hibs ,Hearts and St Midden domestically it's been a real Jekyl and Hyde set of performances .

Nae bother Micky

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

It'll have been a big decision to keep him involved (as he wanted) or freeing up his wage and potentially spending it elsewhere.

As you say, disappointed he'd rather be on the TV than involved in our game. 

Surprised Gerrard didn't tell him we need 100% commitment...

We dont know the ins and outs of this situation, but id rather he was with us. 

Great result to turn it round after being outplayed and a goal down.

Performance bit dodgy at times and thought we should have pushed harder for the 3rd to kill it rather than defending a corner in the 97th minute against 10 men.

Hate being negative about a player but really struggling to see what Sakala is bringing, game awareness poor, should have been shutting down better to force them out of possession.

More importantly 3 points and no injuries, on to Wednesday and hopefully a pumping of the sheep.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nae bother Micky

You know that for a fact ? 

I'll call it how I see it as that's what opinions are about .

I'm comfortable in the knowledge my ST purchase confirms where my Allegiences are and you clearly don't 👍

33 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We don't have the budget to do so unless we sell. Best I can see is a quality loan signing somewhere.

Funny feeling alfie might go in January. Could be wrong .

Winning this title would guarantee £30m  so maybe speculate to accumulate. 

Just my opinion though .