*****The Official St. Mirren vs Champions Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, Madina said:

Social distancing and mask wearing are non existent at football, both by choice and legality. It wasnt like he dived in the middle of the fans.

Fair points but he did put voluntarily put himself in a position where he has increased his risk of catching Covid, hence he’s a ‘daft cunt’ for doing so.

6 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

It'll have been a big decision to keep him involved (as he wanted) or freeing up his wage and potentially spending it elsewhere.

As you say, disappointed he'd rather be on the TV than involved in our game. 

Surprised Gerrard didn't tell him we need 100% commitment...

Rangers Twitter fucking slaughtering you for this :pierre:

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Grateful for the 3 points, but we look like shite these days. Not a good performance yet again. Fuck knows when we will turn this around. 

I'm happy for us to keep winning until we have Kent Helander and Jack all back and the squad will be able to pull away from the rest. 

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

Fair points but he did put voluntarily put himself in a position where he has increased his risk of catching Covid, hence he’s a ‘daft cunt’ for doing so.

I dont think a 20 second interaction with the crowd would have done much harm. I doubt anyone was coughing in his face

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sakala is ridiculously bad.

Zero football brain at all.

Didn't he try to claim he turned down the EPL to come to us? He'd be lucky to play in league 1 or 2

The thing is I didnt watch much of him before us, I dont think many did. I can't buy that he was playing up top for his previous club.

Looks like to me we'd get more from him coming outside to inside rather than the focal point!

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Grateful for the 3 points, but we look like shite these days. Not a good performance yet again. Fuck knows when we will turn this around. 

Every game I hope is the one when we turn it around and I am mostly left disappointed. It will happen but Fck knows when 

2 hours ago, Madina said:

My first away day since Killie pre covid. Thought I was going to jinx us after the first 20 mins. Cracking goal by St Mirren but Lundstram should have done better in the build up. Some other musings-

Dont think I've saw two worse corners in a game than Borna's that evaded everyon in the 1st half then Tavs slip in the 2nd half

Sakala seemed to try and latch on to the ball a second too early. Two great chances in the box that evaded him due to to going to early. Sadly dont think hes Rangers class

Being there to witness Alfies 100 goal for us 💙

if you watch it again, taverniers timid ball to lundstrum put him under pressure also...

Three points worse off than last season - not bad considering we finished with a record breaking points tally last season.

We're also coming into the period were Gerrard has us playing at our best between November and December. Last two seasons we've won 16/17 in the league. The game we dropped points at Pittodrie in the first half was as good as we've played under Gerrard.

Today we were poor but it was actually as routine a victory as you can get from Rangers. They scored a long ranger and barely threatened us at all after that. We also created quite a few chances ourselves and thoroughly deserved the win.

Wednesday will be a landmark victory for the season I'm so sure of it!

6 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Said that in the last 15/20 mins of the Hearts game. We offered less and less going forward and it seemed ridiculous considering how pish and unreliable we are at the back 

I agree and it has been frustrating.At first I thought it could be lack of fitness from Lundtrom and Davis meaning they drop back 10 yards to try to protect themselves and widening the gap between midfield and front three giving the initiative to the opposition and less service going forward.

However, looking back over the last 6 or so games it seems to be a deliberate tactic to try to see out games. Last season we saw out domestic games by keeping possession and if we lost the ball quickly getting it back while this season it is sit back starve the forwards then take them off for more sitting back and inviting crosses and shots to our goal. That does not work and does not help my blood pressure.

Obviously take the 3 points but overall pretty barren fucking performance against a team when looking at the talent of both squads we will really should be beating 4 to 5 nil.

I have faith that we will reach the performance levels of last season especially when get back to 100% squad strength. However, needs to happen sooner rather than later as the race for the title will only get tighter and tighter.

Can we pull away and win the title again comfortably? Sure.

Will we if we continue to have these middle of the road performances? Very fucking much a toss up.

5 hours ago, jintybear said:

Every game I hope is the one when we turn it around and I am mostly left disappointed. It will happen but Fck knows when 

Nah Jinty, we’re struggling. We look like shite. We should be taking 4 or 5 off these cunts.  We played well in that game for possibly 10mins. Aye we won, but FFS we are going to get found out soon enough.