*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

I'm not going to argue much because it's well known I think he's been pish for ages, but goals in back to back games at the moment I'd maybe stick with him again for the next one. I don't think Roofe has really staked his claim either.

But yeah I won't lose sleep either way. Our striking options don't excite at the moment

Fair play mate 👍

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

ehhhhh I'm all for a good overreaction tonight but I still disagree with this, he was genuinely good in at least a couple of those matches.

If you ask me if I think he was a great signing for our starting XI overall, then no I don't, and thought that when he signed. But he did have a few really good games recently

It’s all about opinions but genuinely in those games I thought he was a 6/7 out of ten at best and praise was getting lavished on him because of how gash he was at the start 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

He had got 4 out of 6 man of the math performances before tonight, as I said, least of our worries. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

He had got 4 out of 6 man of the math performances before tonight, as I said, least of our worries. 

We all have had laughs at the weird MOM announcements.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Fair play mate 👍

Think we're missing a fit Defoe tbh

Not saying Defoe as he is today is the answer, but what Defoe had offered a season or two ago would have been good to have just now. In reality Morelos, Roofe and a new signing we made should be enough to give us one good option up front though

5 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

we need better than Itten IMO 

Kent may be poor atm but is still better than that shambles. 

defence is costing us points on a weekly basis 

hopefully this is just our bad patch, every team has one, this is the first time we've went thro one in a few years, thats what im clinging onto anyway lol..... im hoping we get a few players back and go on a run and shut us all up to fuck. 

Can't afford better than Itten I'm afraid.

Always the case when a player is out injured he comes back to be made out a superman.

The whole team is costing us points.

This isn't a bad patch. Bad patches don't last 4 months.

They were playing such a high line the entire game, we so rarely put a ball behind because we had 0 pace up front to latch on to it. Once we saw how they were setup, Wright and Sakala should have been on at half time and told to just run in behind

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I hope people realize now that Bassey is NOT better than Barisic.

He actually went past a man a a couple of times tonight and made some tackles 

Not saying he was great but when’s the last time you saw Barisic going past someone 

We pass it around pressing teams back into their own box which is difficult to break down. 
When was the last time you seen one of our strikers running one on one with a keeper? 
Tactics need to change, too many strikers wanting it in to feet with back to goal, Sakala is the right idea but sadly not good enough. 
Been crying out for a number 10 for years, still crying out for one sadly!! 

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

As the number 1 Morelos hater on the site, I would actually stick with Buff next game

Morelos has been stinking all season. His last two goals were tap ins. He consistently fails to complete passes over 6 yards. He looks half arsed and unfit. I'd drop him.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

They were playing such a high line the entire game, we so rarely put a ball behind because we had 0 pace up front to latch on to it. Once we saw how they were setup, Wright and Sakala should have been on at half time and told to just run in behind

Brown was basically CB and two of their CMs were playing as full back and none of them were turned on their heels once. 

The fucking makeshift full back was booked from 20 mins onward and we created one chance down that side the rest of the game. It was an utter joke

Just now, don logan said:

Morelos has been stinking all season. His last two goals were tap ins. He consistently fails to complete passes over 6 yards. He looks half arsed and unfit. I'd drop him.

I would and have been arguing a lot longer than just all season, so yeah, won't argue too much with that

People continually slate some of our players but the problem is that they don’t really fit the style of play.  Wright, Roofe and Sakala aren’t proper number 10s and if the full backs aren’t playing well we have to switch it to play to their strengths. A proper front 3 with a 3 of Aribo Hagi and Kamara behind them would do well. We would lose a bit of “control” of games but we’d create so many opportunities.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

He actually went past a man a a couple of times tonight and made some tackles 

Not saying he was great but when’s the last time you saw Barisic going past someone 

Borna has been shite as well mate but I think Bassey will end up a very average player.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Then they would've dropped deep and we would be scunnered like they eventually did to see out the game. 

Gerrard got schooled by Glass and Brown tonight.

Tonight wasn't great at all. I feel like these games we give ourselves more work than need to.

With Walter passing tonights result reminded me that I'd come out of Ibrox some times  with the great man in charge thinking how shite we were and how it wasn't good enough. Then May came and we were having big silver things waved in our face.

Tonight I'm going to remember that. It was poor but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Just now, psb07158 said:

People continually slate some of our players but the problem is that they don’t really fit the style of play.  Wright, Roofe and Sakala aren’t proper number 10s and if the full backs aren’t playing well we have to switch it to play to their strengths. A proper front 3 with a 3 of Aribo Hagi and Kamara behind them would do well. We would lose a bit of “control” of games but we’d create so many opportunities.

I said in another thread but the triangles between the CBs CDMs and full backs all in our half wasting at least 10 passes is absolutely bloody infuriating to watch.