*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I did as well and could not believe when we went 2 down. 

The :aberdeen: were so up for the game and we were not it seemed.

Have you noticed this season how every team that comes to Ibrox, dive, feign injury and no matter who the ref is they just give them free kicks.

Near the end tonight Alfie was fouled right in front of Deacon but he waved play on while giving them a free kick every time they went down. I am in no way blaming that on us not winning but it seems much more obvious this season. 

Cheatin Deacon

A new there was something about that guy :lol:

44 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I dont think yesterday had anything to do with it,if anything i thought,wrongly,it would spur us on to finally put in a performance. We have been utter pish all season.

I thought the same but how wrong were we.

The players should have been able to know how much that game meant to all supporters after Walter's death yesterday, especially against that wankers. I also cannot understand why we were not ready for the war that they wanted to make it, beating us means more to them than any other game.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Remember the goal we scored v Galatasaray last season? 

I don’t think the players would even be capable of doing that in training right now

Apart from Dundee away I can’t think of any goal we’ve scored with proper good build up.

8 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Won’t be popular on here but I would have taken Hagi off on 60 mins and put Wright on. Must admit I’m not their biggest fans ! 

This. I said to my son at 55 minutes that he needed to take Hagi off and bring a bit of pace on to play the ball over the top at times. He then brings Arfield on for Lundstrum which had me baffled. Apart from the soft penalty, Aberdeen were cruising when e should have been pounding them looking for a winner. It’s a worry that we can’t seem to muster up a bit of momentum when the games so important.  Very disappointing. 

Fuming at that. 

That first goal. What the fuck are McGlaughlin and Goldson actually thinking? You've got a 3vs2 situation in favour of Aberdeen and they still attempt that? Seriously? I genuinely don't know what the point of McGlaughlin is. A nothing keeper that contributes the square root of fuck all in any way for us. So finished with Goldson. A at best above average defender with one great season to boast about for his Rangers career, this season and especially tonight he was basically a rich man's Jack Simpson. Kindly fuck off down south and battle relegation. Same goes for Tav, penalty aside. Never a Rangers captain in a million years. Its no coincidence that when we're shite those 2 are at the heart of it. 

What is it Gerrard watches when we play btw? First half Aribo was our most dangerous forward but in the second half Gerrard clearly instructs him to cover Tav, thus taking away our brightest spark of the first half while Tav half-arses it up and down the park for the second 45. Roofe, Hagi and Morelos anonymous. Morelos was only interested in tangling with Brown who absolutely, embarrassingly, ran the fucking game. 

We were up against a back 3 central defence of McCrorie, Brown and Bates and had 1 main striker up against them. 1 striker against those 3. The all conquering unchangeable system Gerrard loves so much has to change. We've regressed so much since last season that we're back to struggling against teams that sit in while Gerrard watches on from the sidelines puzzled. Our midfield was completely outnumbered tonight as well. They had 3 in the middle to our 1 all night. 

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I cant get my head around folk not being concerned about this. There are a few boys in my group chat who just aren't worried at all and it's like were living on different planets. We're sleepwalking into a crisis here.

The warning signs have been there all fuckin season. We have been fuckin rotten. 

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

Cheatin Deacon

A new there was something about that guy :lol:

I suppose he gave us a penalty so cannot say too much but he seemed to fall for every dive and injury from them.

The truth is we as a team have been poor from the start of the season and I have no idea how it can be fixed.

I should add I am in no way saying we cannot still win the league, but we are dropping points at an alarming rate.

Fed up of Gerrard being "disappointed" and "frustrated". He's got an embarrassment of riches at his disposal and struggles to get a draw against a depleted Aberdeen side. If he or any of the younger players want to move to a bigger, richer league then they aren't going to impress anyone with these abject performances. 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I cant get my head around folk not being concerned about this. There are a few boys in my group chat who just aren't worried at all and it's like were living on different planets. We're sleepwalking into a crisis here.

Agreed. We've got off the hook a number of times this season. 

Only got off with it thus far because of the piss poor form of the other lot. To lose the league to them would be an embarrassment given where each team was at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, josmc said:

This. I said to my son at 55 minutes that he needed to take Hagi off and bring a bit of pace on to play the ball over the top at times. He then brings Arfield on for Lundstrum which had me baffled. Apart from the soft penalty, Aberdeen were cruising when e should have been pounding them looking for a winner. It’s a worry that we can’t seem to muster up a bit of momentum when the games so important.  Very disappointing. 

Arfield shouldn't even be on the bench. He just looks lost these days. 

12 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Has the feeling of the wheels coming off a bit. 

I've feared that this team is due a doing off someone the way we're playing, honestly thought it was happening tonight. 

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Agreed. We've got off the hook a number of times this season. 

Only got off with it because of the piss poor form of the other lot. To lose the league to them would be an embarrassment given where each team was at the start of the season.

If you had offered them being only 2 behind us in November after our season last year and them rebuilding under a manager no one even knew existed, and who had only managed in Australia and Japan, they'd have bitten your hand off for it I suspect. 

If you look at the starts in context, they've probably had a better start than we have.

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Fed up of Gerrard being "disappointed" and "frustrated". He's got an embarrassment of riches at his disposal and struggles to get a draw against a depleted Aberdeen side. If he or any of the younger players want to move to a bigger, richer league then they aren't going to impress anyone with these abject performances. 

Fed up of Gerrard at this point tbh. 

Just now, TheBluebells said:

Has the feeling of the wheels coming off a bit. 

I've feared that this team is due a doing off someone the way we're playing, honestly thought it was happening tonight. 

Said the exact same at 2-0 & actually surprised we got it back to 2-2

If we play a team on form who want to hammer us then we're there for the taking. Sadly I don't expect anything different on Sunday, we'll be outworked by a Motherwell team and will struggle to get a result