*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

We've been far too complacent. We should have buried them but we've instead just stagnated. Some of the shite from some on here echoes that, telling us every week that the tarriers are pish and we have the league in the bag. Mental people.

Confidence is massive in football and we've fed our rivals with pish performances and simply waiting on things changing. Management need to earn their coin now. Stop waiting on it coming good. Get fucking busy on the training ground and figure a different way to goal. Created fuck all from open play all season. 

15 minutes ago, murzo said:

I feel a bit lost myself. What with Walters death and a poor performance tonight, to go along with most of the season. You would have thought tonight they would have come out all guns blazing and put on a performance but nothing appears to fire them up. There’s never really any urgency, no quick counters and everything just is so predictable. It’s all just a bit meh and leaves you feeling scunnered. Players really need to wake up and realise that last season is done and this league needs winning again.

Agree with all this... kicking about with gold numbers n sponsors doesn't help with trying to put last season behind us.

If we don't win the league this season its down to complacency exact same as when they were going for 10.

We have to sort our shit out quick style!

They have been to, Hearts, Hibs, Us, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livi and are still only 2points behind after us beating them aswell.

Terrible

11 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I think we sometimes over-estimate how much events like these affect the players, especially the foreign players who probably have little idea of who he was. The crowd were fired up for the win because of Walter's death, but the players obviously weren't.

Nah no excuses. If they don’t know or don’t care then get them gone.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The first part of that massive rebuild has to start in January. Not a chance this squad are getting over the line like this. 2-3 out for 4-5 in to recharge us for the 2nd half of the season. 

Hes in his fourth year and continually buys players who are just not good enough , gives me the fear letting him waste even more cash in January.

It's such a fucking struggle every game. Been the exact same shite all season. Barely any chances created regardless of level of opponent.

Having to try and scrape by every week because the same clown cunts keep making the same amateur level defensive mistakes.

We're winning fuck all this season. 

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes in his fourth year and continually buys players who are just not good enough , gives me the fear letting him waste even more cash in January.

He never bought anyone in the summer which is why we're playing so shite. You always freshen it up or you go stale and that's exactly how we look at the moment, stale. 

And I don't think we really have a choice at this point. Something has to give. 

Just now, Supersonic said:

It's such a fucking struggle every game. Been the exact same shite all season. Barely any chances created regardless of level of opponent.

Having to try and scrape by every week because the same clown cunts keep making the same amateur level defensive mistakes.

We're winning fuck all this season. 

I couldn't agree more.

31 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Our shooting is horrendous, in the last 5 games we've scored 9 goals from 103 shots at goal

Last season over the same period, we scored 10 in 5 games from 50 shots at goal

Pretty ironic considering our only coaching change has been adding Defoe, one of the best finishers in British football for decades, to the team. 

16 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The first part of that massive rebuild has to start in January. Not a chance this squad are getting over the line like this. 2-3 out for 4-5 in to recharge us for the 2nd half of the season. 

I honestly think Jan will come too late. More than capable of dropping a lot of points before then. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

the problem is it needs to be players of quality which dont come cheap in january. I'd firstly bring back katic and itten as both are better options than whats on our bench. From there id be looking at veerman again and similar players who can actually control and enjoy having the ball. Our current midfield look terrified when they get possession and i include experienced players like davis in that. i think we need a new spine for the team, cb, proper defensive midfielder, proper attacking midfielder, a big battering ram type striker for plan b should be the bare minimum imo.

Just now, Swagger said:

I honestly think Jan will come too late. More than capable of dropping a lot of points before then. 

Definetely. But we have to have next summer in mind. Its better to start in January rather than waiting until next summer after the league is gone and have only 5-6 weeks to rebuild before the CL qualifiers. Plan for the worst but hope for the best. 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The long and short of it, is if we continue playing as we are, and things don't look like they're going to change, we're not going to win the league this season.

50 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Not kicked a ba’ in earnest yet or showed any hunger, desire or playing like a unit, yet still top. Funny old game.

Still top becausw we have papered the cracks all season, helped by the crash barriers, new management n team. They are now smashing all the spl shite out the way easily and on current form would give us a doin now.

Just now, Fergie_6 said:

Did he make the game today?

No idea. Love the guy and was delighted when we kept him on but his new contract was pure sentiment and, while sentiment is fine for fans, it shouldn’t factor into the thinking of executives in our football department. In retrospect, it was a waste of money that we could have sorely used elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

the problem is it needs to be players of quality which dont come cheap in january. I'd firstly bring back katic and itten as both are better options than whats on our bench. From there id be looking at veerman again and similar players who can actually control and enjoy having the ball. Our current midfield look terrified when they get possession and i include experienced players like davis in that. i think we need a new spine for the team, cb, proper defensive midfielder, proper attacking midfielder, a big battering ram type striker for plan b should be the bare minimum imo.

They don't come cheap but if we're able to even get 2-3 out for 20-30 million we'd absolutely be able to bring in at least 2 or 3 quality players to replace them, obviously not with the whole whack but you catch my drift.

I'd like to think the scouting department have players in mind for such a scenario. 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Veerman went out the window when we shat it to 10 man malmo at home!!!

That alone should have seen a boardroom visit by Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Still top becausw we have papered the cracks all season, helped by the crash barriers, new management n team. They are now smashing all the spl shite out the way easily and on current form would give us a doin now.

They’d run all over the top of this side. Anybody that thinks differently doesn’t watch our games 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Definetely. But we have to have next summer in mind. Its better to start in January rather than waiting until next summer after the league is gone and have only 5-6 weeks to rebuild before the CL qualifiers. Plan for the worst but hope for the best. 

Serious question mate - where are we getting money from in the summer if we dont win the league? From what I see - from what the board have openly said and what's went before - no success = no money. 

I'm not going to get into it tonight but we are still being run on a knife edge in terms of whether we can spend or not and that in itself should wake more fans up to the fact that we are still under a serious strain financially. And you don't get success without spending.