*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

48 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

We’ve been asking for an upturn in performance for months now, but this weekend is massive. Unless we improve dramatically we won’t be top come Sunday evening and I’m not sure this group will handle that well. 

We're seemingly back to a team with confidence and performance issues. 2019/2020 all over again.

Just now, King Jela said:

They don't come cheap but if we're able to even get 2-3 out for 20-30 million we'd absolutely be able to bring in at least 2 or 3 quality players to replace them, obviously not with the whole whack but you catch my drift.

I'd like to think the scouting department have players in mind for such a scenario. 

Id love to think that too but the fact the only thing i ever see is us sniffing about soon to be out of contract players kind of puts a downer on me. 

I have a feeling Patterson will be sold in January. I hope not but with prem clubs sniffing about and him getting next to no game time here then....well for him its a no brainer. Sit on the bench at Rangers earning 10k (probably less) or go down south and warm the bench/be given an opportunity for triple your money

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Serious question mate - where are we getting money from in the summer if we dont win the league? From what I see - from what the board have openly said and what's went before - no success = no money. 

I'm not going to get into it tonight but we are still being run on a knife edge in terms of whether we can spend or not and that in itself should wake more fans up to the fact that we are still under a serious strain financially. And you don't get success without spending.

Looks to me like the board rolled the dice and kept the team together for the crack at the CL spot. 

Dick move seemingly.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

This rollercoaster is derailing fast imo.

Honestly seen it in July, but really could take a change by Christmas in management, I hate to say it but pedro n warburton got it tighter with hardly any money spent....

Mate, did you see it in July by any chance, you’ve not mentioned it at all

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Veerman went out the window when we shat it to 10 man malmo at home!!!

That alone should have seen a boardroom visit by Gerrard.

we should have done our business prior to the qualification campaign to actually give us a fair chance at it. if that meant selling a couple if we didnt make it then so be it but to have not invested properly to give us the best chance. Especially after all the quality over quantity pish dribbled by the board. Which turned out to be free transfers

6 minutes ago, rangersross said:

No idea. Love the guy and was delighted when we kept him on but his new contract was pure sentiment and, while sentiment is fine for fans, it shouldn’t factor into the thinking of executives in our football department. In retrospect, it was a waste of money that we could have sorely used elsewhere. 

Exactly and being down England being a pundit, when the team that pays his wages is playing, is a kick in the balls to the fans.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Looks to me like the board rolled the dice and kept the team together for the crack at the CL spot. 

Dick move seemingly.

All Teams need freshened up each season, think we can all agree on that. 

We freshen up with the equivalent of bringing in players at a level that could be pulled through from our own youth system. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

All Teams need freshened up each season, think we can all agree on that. 

We freshen up with the equivalent of bringing in players at a level that could be pulled through from our own youth system. 

No arguments here.

Some bizarre decisions as well in letting Katic and Itten go out on loan. Our squad depth especially at Centre Back is laughable

6 minutes ago, chris182 said:

No arguments here.

Some bizarre decisions as well in letting Katic and Itten go out on loan. Our squad depth especially at Centre Back is laughable

which really is bizarre considering it was our strongest department last season. Injury, loans and selling halved our numbers in that position. Simpson isn't going to make it.

As for Itten, he should never have been loaned out. Had the knack of coming on as a sub and scoring crucial goals when we were struggling in games. 

Fucking disgraceful tonight, listening to Aberdeen fans rip the pish and fucking Lego muncher going about thinks he owns the place, our fans gave the team all the backing in the world and that's how the team have repaid us, Gerrard won't be here much longer, I'm totally convinced we'll have someone else as manger for the new year.

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

which really is bizarre considering it was our strongest department last season. Injury, loans and selling halved our numbers in that position. Simpson isn't going to make it.

As for Itten, he should never have been loaned out. Had the knack of coming on as a sub and scoring crucial goals when we were struggling in games. 

Gerrard has made major mistakes regarding the squad this season, he's actually weakened it which is some feat considering we've added players to the group.

2 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Did you even see the game he was fucking pish, passes to no cunt or getting ball took off him, a cross and a scored penalty isn’t saving him here.

Tav let broonaldo go in the penalty box when the bastard scored. He got a free hit at the penalty. He’s been shite at defending all year. Scored for us at times yes, but how many has he gave up? Honestly don’t know what Gerrard is seeing from the sidelines at times. Baffling. 

27 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

Defoe needs to be on the bench or starting some of these games 

We do miss Jack 

we do miss helander 

kent ??? He wasn’t firing but we don’t have replacement 

bacuna sakala can just go 

The list goes on and on 

Defoe is too old and like the rest of the older players like davis, arfield and mcgregor shouldnt have had their deals extended.

We have fallen victim to the romance of loyality instead of saying thanks for your service its time to move on. Those 4 will likely be in our top earners too and whilst they have had amazing careers its safe to say their best days are gone. Defoe is always injured, arfield cant get fit and davis and mcgregor apparently arent trusted by the management team to start consistently. 

This could and should have been a massive summer for us building on our success and investing in new players, even moving on some of our existing players for a profit (we dont seem to know how to do this yet) like tav, goldson, morelos to help fund this refresh. 

Instead we have stood still, stagnated then started regressing due to having added free transfers who didnt improve the squad never mind the first 11. I said all this back in the summer and was blasted by the majority on here. I was hoping i was wrong and the majority were right yet here we are. 

Sure we are still clinging onto top spot but lets be honest there isnt 1 decent team in Scotland this year. 

The sad thing was you could see it creeping in at the tail end of last season and we just took it for granted that we were just taking our foot off the gas because we had won the title but nope its 4 months into the season and we have hardly kicked a baw. 

Anyway im fucking depleted after watching that. Ive watched the tav and gerrard interviews about 4 times and it just feels like neither gets it. Its all sound bites that mean fuck all as we have heard it all before then are fed the same shite next game. Scunnered.