*****The official Rangers vs sheep thread*****

graeme_4

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tav let broonaldo go in the penalty box when the bastard scored. He got a free hit at the penalty. He’s been shite at defending all year. Scored for us at times yes, but how many has he gave up? Honestly don’t know what Gerrard is seeing from the sidelines at times. Baffling. 

He’s a shambles defensively and his body language fucking annoys me. Rather than snarling and kicking arse when things aren’t going well he’s cutting about with the shoulders hunched and a scowl on the face. Never ever a captain of this club 

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tav let broonaldo go in the penalty box when the bastard scored. He got a free hit at the penalty. He’s been shite at defending all year. Scored for us at times yes, but how many has he gave up? Honestly don’t know what Gerrard is seeing from the sidelines at times. Baffling. 

I actually thought Goldson blocked tavs run as he went to move with Lego muncher, both were a calamity.

5 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

We’re fucking shite! End of. No fucking proper direction. Same old shite. We’ve been sussed. We don’t adapt or change tactics. Teams love playing us now as we’re so insipid. This is down to the coaching team. Get it sorted. FFS!

We are pish but he can’t sort it because he’s not got the players to change it. Hopefully Kent and Jack can make a difference but what we have as back up is laughable 

Sakala and Bacuna look like duds, Arfield and Davis are on their way out, Wright isn’t the level we need and he won’t try youth 

6 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Defoe is too old and like the rest of the older players like davis, arfield and mcgregor shouldnt have had their deals extended.

We have fallen victim to the romance of loyality instead of saying thanks for your service its time to move on. Those 4 will likely be in our top earners too and whilst they have had amazing careers its safe to say their best days are gone. Defoe is always injured, arfield cant get fit and davis and mcgregor apparently arent trusted by the management team to start consistently. 

This could and should have been a massive summer for us building on our success and investing in new players, even moving on some of our existing players for a profit (we dont seem to know how to do this yet) like tav, goldson, morelos to help fund this refresh. 

Instead we have stood still, stagnated then started regressing due to having added free transfers who didnt improve the squad never mind the first 11. I said all this back in the summer and was blasted by the majority on here. I was hoping i was wrong and the majority were right yet here we are. 

Sure we are still clinging onto top spot but lets be honest there isnt 1 decent team in Scotland this year. 

The sad thing was you could see it creeping in at the tail end of last season and we just took it for granted that we were just taking our foot off the gas because we had won the title but nope its 4 months into the season and we have hardly kicked a baw. 

Anyway im fucking depleted after watching that. Ive watched the tav and gerrard interviews about 4 times and it just feels like neither gets it. Its all sound bites that mean fuck all as we have heard it all before then are fed the same shite next game. Scunnered. 

People looking for Defoe to turn things round. Things are desperate. I’m sure if Defoe got a few games in Liverpools first team he’d still get a few goals but what would he do in our side - a side that doesn’t create chances. Think we’ve scored something like 31 goals in 21 games and 5 of those were against Dunfermline- utter pish 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We are pish but he can’t sort it because he’s not got the players to change it. Hopefully Kent and Jack can make a difference but what we have as back up is laughable 

Sakala and Bacuna look like duds, Arfield and Davis are on their way out, Wright isn’t the level we need and he won’t try youth 

After three and a half years in charge, there's only one place the blame for that lies.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Veerman went out the window when we shat it to 10 man malmo at home!!!

That alone should have seen a boardroom visit by Gerrard.

Veerman was never a serious target. We were NEVER spending the sort of money they wanted for him, CL or otherwise.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

After three and a half years in charge, there's only one place the blame for that lies.

Absolutely. We’re now at the stage where we are throwing a slow, done Arfield on to save games. If that’s where we are at might as well hand celtic the title now. 

International break can’t come fast enough. Cant see Jack and Kent being enough to turn this round 

Just now, Swagger said:

Absolutely. We’re now at the stage where we are throwing a slow, done Arfield on to save games. If that’s where we are at might as well hand celtic the title now. 

International break can’t come fast enough. Cant see Jack and Kent being enough to turn this round 

Jack gets better with every passing day he's out. It's going to take a LOT more than a defensive midfielder and inconsistent winger to turn this around.

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Ianis Hagi is the most overhyped player I Remember playing for us. He’s slow, his second touch turns to a tackle more often than it’s said. He’s barely a goal threat for the position in which he plays. Get him benched.

:lol:

If Hagi and Aribo showed the form they did against Brondby we’d be flying. 

Those two players are incredibly inconsistent and it costs us, when they’re off it we’re all off it which is 8 games out of 10 this season because right now they’re the only two that can find a pass or space in the last 25 yards of the park. 

4 hours ago, Swagger said:

He’s a shambles defensively and his body language fucking annoys me. Rather than snarling and kicking arse when things aren’t going well he’s cutting about with the shoulders hunched and a scowl on the face. Never ever a captain of this club 

His body language is the physical embodiment of that fucking piece he did in a Rangers match program a few years ago.

Does my tits in.

42 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

First time i have ever heard sense in one of your comments , I have been saying it for ages , Gerrard is the problem........

But he wasn't the problem last season with exactly the same squad that won the league easily. Whilst I agree it's his job to turn it around it's the players that are the main problem. Their form last season was immense but they to have lost a lot of their ability overnight.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Why have we stopped putting players at the post for set pieces?  If you can’t win defensive headers or let opposition just do what the fuck they like it’s a must.

No as if we’re aggressive in winning the ball from set pieces or lightening quick on the counter to justify having another 2 players on the break. 

Davis has been covering the posts since he came back until now

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

No as if we’re aggressive in winning the ball from set pieces or lightening quick on the counter to justify having another 2 players on the break. 

Davis has been covering the posts since he came back until now

He certainly used to but I’m not sure when we stopped it.  It wasn’t just last night.

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

100%. 
Greig, Butcher, Gough and Ferguson are probably the best captains that I’ve seen in my time watching the team and each of them had the ability to motivate those around them regardless of their own performance. The current incumbent would depress the fuck out of you if you were looking for leadership. Fuck being in the trenches with him… 

Bigger problem is there’s no-one at the moment who could step forward to fill the role. In a way it’s similar to the latter days of Amoruso’s captaincy but fortunately we had BF waiting in the wings and the rest is history 

Our strikers and defenders are not good enough for Rangers it's that simple.  I said last night at 2-0  i'd be happy if we got this back to 2-2 we did and I was still not happy.

We must have the slowest front three in the league who struggle to play together.

Just watched the highlights we are stuck in a rut with the same players playing at half capacity. Goldson should be dropped as he has been strolling games now we have no adequate replacement. A major shake up is needed on the park. Until Gerrard drops some of his favourites the poor form is going to continue. We are struggling to even score and our defence look weak and are shipping goals, looking like 55 was our peak.

3 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

100%. 
Greig, Butcher, Gough and Ferguson are probably the best captains that I’ve seen in my time watching the team and each of them had the ability to motivate those around them regardless of their own performance. The current incumbent would depress the fuck out of you if you were looking for leadership. Fuck being in the trenches with him… 

Bigger problem is there’s no-one at the moment who could step forward to fill the role. In a way it’s similar to the latter days of Amoruso’s captaincy but fortunately we had BF waiting in the wings and the rest is history 

Yep there’s not one current player who has the drive or fight to captain this side. 
Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a timid Rangers squad. 
Teams know if they get in about us they’ll get something - our captain meanwhile slopes about the pitch with the shoulders hunched.