RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think it will properly hit home with me until tomorrow night watching the game and having a drink.

I have more or less avoided all videos today. I tried to watch the Rangers tribute for him earlier but can’t get through it atm 

McFadden is the only one Iv watched. 

The tributes on the radio have been hard enough .

Tom English (I know) said something that he was bang on the money with .He mentioned about other Legends from various places passing .But he said there was something very different about Walters passing .

He has no connection to our club and for somebody like that to notice a difference says a lot .

57 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

i know we always hear nobody is bigger than the club and that's true. there is that famous quote by walter himself saying so and that you should put yourself second if you come here. but it really feels like with his passing that the club is missing a part of itself in a way. if you had to pick one person who sums up what this club is all about then it has to be Walter. he is Rangers and always will be. we'll never forget him. players and managers will come to our club a year, 5 years, 50 years from now and if they want to know what this club is about then will look at Walter. 

sorry if i'm making no sense. just trying to make sense of my own feelings. 

RIP Sir Walter Smith

I think the second half of his quote was “…and that’s the only time second will ever be good enough” or words to that effect. 

Just now, ianb1547 said:

I have lost a number of very close relatives,...parents, brother, wife........... and this feels as real and emotional as any of those losses..... And I didn't even know the man. 

I think many of us are feeling this in the same way.

All thoughts with his wife and family and those who actually knew him, in whatever capacity.

People like Walter Smith don't feature in our lives often, however that happens to be, so let's be happy that we were around to witness his achievements with our great Club.

I was thinking similar on the way home ,I have been shocked and deeply saddened when family members have passed .But I have never welled up at anyone’s passing before .What gets me  emotional  normally is watching achievement .And boy did he achieve some remarkable things in his career .

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

I have lost a number of very close relatives,...parents, brother, wife........... and this feels as real and emotional as any of those losses..... And I didn't even know the man. 

I think many of us are feeling this in the same way.

All thoughts with his wife and family and those who actually knew him, in whatever capacity.

People like Walter Smith don't feature in our lives often, however that happens to be, so let's be happy that we were around to witness his achievements with our great Club.

This is exactly how I feel.  I've never been so upset at the death of someone I never knew, but its as if you did know him and thats why it's hurting so much.

Had such a busy day at work I hardly had a second to process the news. It’s now just really hitting me seeing all the tributes and watching Ally talking to Jim White on talk sport. I never knew a man that I had never met had such an impact on my life.

I’m sure it will have been mentioned 1000 times in this thread but it think the Walter Smith stand would be a perfect tribute. If somebody asked me to name somebody associated with Rangers that is the man I would name. 

Such a sad day.  Been at work all day, turned on my phone and seeing all the tributes, the clips of his life and everything he done, it just hit like a punch in the gut.  I've never cried at the death of someone I've never met before but I found myself in tears struggling to explain to my wife what had happened.  RIP Walter, the greatest Ranger in my lifetime and always a gentleman.